Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i suppose i'm screwed but i'll ask...  (Read 1371 times)

blazing glory

Re: i suppose i'm screwed but i'll ask...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

Try not to make a habit of quitting.  The fastest, most effective way to learn Dwarf Fortress, IME, is to stand up to your problems, and either solve them, work around them, or be destroyed by them.  Any way it goes, you get a learning experience... if nothing else, you learn what doesn't work, which helps you narrow down to what will work by process of elimination.

yeah in games if i havint played it within 2 weeks i tend to make a new save i know i shouldint but i just do

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

there are types of games where if you put it down for 2 weeks it is hard to remember what you were thinking or planning.  That being the case you aren't going to get the benefit of learning by 'struggling through' either.
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »

I've seen sheep wool quiver, but it may be like that wooden armor the elf keeps offering; not everyone can make it

Yeah, invaders can come with cloth quivers at the very least.  It's been so long since I've played vanilla that I don't remember, but I don't think elves or humans will ever bring any cloth quivers to trade.  Dwarves definitely can't make them.

It's possible to mod in a reaction to produce them, but it would require either regenerating the world or replacing an existing custom reaction.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

I've seen sheep wool quiver, but it may be like that wooden armor the elf keeps offering; not everyone can make it

Yeah, invaders can come with cloth quivers at the very least.  It's been so long since I've played vanilla that I don't remember, but I don't think elves or humans will ever bring any cloth quivers to trade.  Dwarves definitely can't make them.

It's possible to mod in a reaction to produce them, but it would require either regenerating the world or replacing an existing custom reaction.

The invaders thing must be it, then. I'm certain I didn't buy it, I only buy very few things.
Pages: 1 [2]