Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134685 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:07 am »

What you're saying though - what you said then.  How much of your statements of faith then and your belief in my alignment - how much did you mean what you said then?

As far as I can remember, completely. Lying in that situation would've proved worse than the alternative. I went in with the assumption (faith) you were town, we danced, and then I knew it with certainty.

Well, even before I understood you better, I would have delayed lynching a person acting and reacting like you in the future.  I learned a ton, maybe, about sorts of people/playstyles to lynch more slowly/quickly.  Now that I've learned more though, and kinda experienced something perhaps akin to what you did, I dunno what I'd do.  Give you more time to convince me, for sure though.

This style of the dance is utterly outside of my rl experiences.  It's actually outside of my online experiences too, until recently.  Huzzah for new experiences that can be survived!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2013, 05:04:47 am »

Note to self: Even if you think you can trick the person who is talking the most into mislynching the wrong people because they're focusing on the wrong people, nightkill them anyway.
My note still stands. You guys shouldn't have done that vote on a technicality. :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2013, 10:17:42 am »

>_> <_< I disappoint people. And now its either way! DX
And if you give up, I will be disappointed.  Your move  >_>

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 27, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »

>_> <_< I disappoint people. And now its either way! DX
And if you give up, I will be disappointed.  Your move  >_>

*grins hugely*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 27, 2013, 03:05:16 pm »

Wow. Mafia is serious business. Can't wait for Paranormal 23 now.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2013, 12:15:16 am »

WOAH TOWN WON

Ahahah, how'd I do folks? I got like, the friggin' hardest role to follow up on.

GG Imp, Tiruin, Squill, BSnott. Wish I could GG more but that's who I played with.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2013, 12:28:24 am »

Ahahah, how'd I do folks? I got like, the friggin' hardest role to follow up on.
I really like how you diplomacy'd us all. I do not like the outright lies. Make it more subtle next time if you plan to lie. :P

You were following up on Imp, too, btw. So I understand the hardship. ^ ^
Imp is amaaaazing!
Ahem. Anyway, refrain from voting on a technicality...though I do like how you pulled the short-stop of focusing on most recent events in how you tried to convince others before. Try to develop on it more.  ;D

Also the new BM needs a bit of notice..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2013, 12:58:17 am »

WOAH TOWN WON

GG Imp, Tiruin, Squill, BSnott. Wish I could GG more but that's who I played with.

I think you did very well.  You picked a strategy and followed through on it - which is good (the follow through part) but possibly also bad in the sense that the strategy you picked was very hard to support (you wanted to take someone else's argument, essentially use it unchanged, and add as little as possible to it - in general in Mafia that strategy seems to fail - that is in essence the very purest form of what a 'bandwagon' is, and it often considered to be something Scum do).

However you had a very hard position to play from, in my opinion, and you did play, you did learn (I believe) and I think you did enjoy yourself too.

Glad you entered the game!  Hope you play more!  Any chance you'll sign up for the BM44 in signups now?  I'd enjoy a rematch, this time with both of us starting from square one!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2013, 01:05:28 am »

I'd enjoy a rematch, this time with both of us starting from square one!
I can't say how happy I am to see this note, to you or her, Puff. :))

But really. You did very well, and given a good re-read, you could've made quite a nice slip there. Take note what a general observer would do: Analyze and check. All you did was well and fine, and..at the time of my vote, I really didn't suspect you much (other than..ehh, what I said before >_>)

But your position was, as said, hard to scramble from, and I'm real glad you went down fighting :D

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:22 am »

Of course I'm in, I want a nice fresh game to sink my scummy teeth in and see if they come out clean!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2013, 03:04:50 am »

Some things mentioned in game earlier I want to address:

Allowing griffinpup to play IC in hindsight was a bad idea. IC's usually fill up last and I really wanted to get the game going so I hoped griffinpup would be good enough but I was wrong. I probably should have replaced him sooner but he responded and I really hoped he would play. Also I was worried that forcing him to replace would stop any activity from occurring and we would end up waiting for a replacement that might never come.

I have no idea why Darvi never responded seeing that he was active elsewhere. I was also worried that force replacing him would lead to a vacant spot no one would fill up. He did do pretty well when he was active though.

I think letting Tiruin replace in was a good idea. She was active as I expected and I don't think having the deadchat gave her too many advantages. Also thanks for taking over votecount that one week I was super busy. It was better to have her replace in than to leave that spot empty. This gave town a slight advantage but I don't think it significantly impacted the outcome of the game.

Day and night lengths I had to extend a little early on because I had midterms and I think I'm justified in doing so. All other mods change day/night lengths based on their schedule so everyone better get used to it.

The biggest reason I didn't want to cancel the game outright because I thought most of the players wanted to see it through, which they did. I had no personal problem with cancelling the game.

I think I got all the major points.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:14 am »

Thank you for your answers.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 02, 2013, 06:10:42 am »

[...] I don't think having the deadchat gave her too many advantages.
There was a deadchat?
I totally forgot about it when I began playing. :S

Also thanks for your answers. I attribute RL busy-ness to both Griffin and Darvi, because every outcome is better that way.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]