Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134701 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!
« Reply #630 on: November 26, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

You're. Awesome.
Seriously.

Also really sorry if you missed it. >.>

Tiruin, I just finished reading my PM.  Thank you for sending it to me.  I can see why you elected to not post it publicly, and why you offered to send it privately.

Thank you.  Being allowed to see into your mind, to see your stance shift, that is a gift of the sort that I value.  I believe you cannot believe me, but that does not change that I speak true.  (I've lied once and once only in this game - my original 'drill sergeant' post to Luke - my 'promise' that I would use everything in my power to see him lynched if he would not play... ahem that lie was sure proven a lie.... I surely did 'gather up the wave' to drown him, then rapidly 'poured oil on the waters' and redirected that flood... poor Kleril!)

None the less. Tiruin and truth, now.

You acted with honor, by my standards, throughout.  I'm not without blame either.  There's a path through this that perhaps you cannot see (I hope you can) - Everything you have shown that you dislike about you is also a part of me.  Many of the things you like about you I also have at least some of - but I have every flaw that you have admitted to having - and I have every flaw that I have seen you show.

How ashamed should I be?  How bad am I?  But I have your every known weakness and I believe I do not have your every strength - I have seen strengths in you that I myself lack.  So I ask you, for honesty, for truth, and for healing - take the answer you feel is correct for me - "How ashamed should Imp be?" and apply that answer equally to yourself, the exact same answer - or one kinder.  Because I assure you, I am no worse than you.  You may be my better, but you are not my lesser.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 26, 2013, 07:46:12 pm »

We...we won!

Hey!  You came back!  How about that?   :D

Granted, we couldn't possibly have won without you, you helped save Town twice as I see it (rescue Imp, eventually vote Rolepgeek - a vote needed to get the kill for sure - anything else would have allowed a tie)

So I'm really glad, masked stranger, for your presence and actions - but really, why'd you do so little this game?

Why'd you avoid so many questions?

Did you even ever read the thread?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 26, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

So I ask you, for honesty, for truth, and for healing - take the answer you feel is correct for me - "How ashamed should Imp be?"//
...//

...//

.../ and apply that answer equally to yourself//, the exact same answer - or one kinder.  Because I assure you, I am no worse than you.  You may be my better, but you are not my lesser.
;_;
I was confused. I didn't know how to answer, and when I read the question (added the full stop for viewability though I forgot how to use it properly..) I..was really wondering why Imp should be ashamed.
Then I read the rest.
...Then I'm tearing up. >_<
Hnnnnnggggg my feelings. You weren't bad! D:

...Thanks Imp.

We...we won!

Hey!  You came back!  How about that?   :D

I missed you! D:< Why did you leave? We all missed you!
..Thanks for coming back..and yeah, we couldn't have won without you.
Also I really really like that avatar because it brings back leagues of nostalgia..ehh.

Soo..what'cha think about Mafia? Ok for you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 26, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

And they all lived happily ever after.

From Q.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:55 pm »

Hnnnnnggggg my feelings. You weren't bad! D:

Then you're not bad either.  I'm a mirror Tiruin.  At least partially and sometimes.  Some of what you think you see when you 'look' at me is yourself.  So go easy on yourself, like you'd go easy on me.  We're quite possibly more alike than you think.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 26, 2013, 08:23:02 pm »

Tiruin voting Puff was one factor that helped convince me that Tiruin was town and Squill scum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

Consider Tiruin voting -Caz- though... she worked for the lynch of a Scumbuddy.  I mean.... when I -really- examined her case and fought to understand it, I didn't think it was a good case.  But I don't consider voting for someone who is Scum to mean Town anymore (I did when Tiruin and Toaster!  Toaster!  Even LESS of a CASE and I accepted it!  OMG I gotta go beat myself up)  (but I did consider it to be a pretty sure Town Tell in S6, what Toaster and Tiruin did.  That's fixed at least.

My next game, you're all Scum, period.  ::) ??? :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

I'm never scum. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 26, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »

Consider Tiruin voting -Caz- though... she worked for the lynch of a Scumbuddy.  I mean.... when I -really- examined her case and fought to understand it, I didn't think it was a good case.  But I don't consider voting for someone who is Scum to mean Town anymore (I did when Tiruin and Toaster!  Toaster!  Even LESS of a CASE and I accepted it!  OMG I gotta go beat myself up)  (but I did consider it to be a pretty sure Town Tell in S6, what Toaster and Tiruin did.  That's fixed at least.

>_>
<_<
I did say that I'd do what I did because it was a neutral thing. Though I'm unsure if he was bussing..he never said so. Silly Caz. :P
..Also don't beat yourself up! D: I do that to myself enough!
...I am not bringing Rule 26 here. Where everyone is scum, even if they're not scum :I

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 26, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »

Oh, and Imp, I'd like to discuss the 'dance', as you have come to call it. Coming from a live mafia background, it was a strange leap coming to forum mafia. A lot of the basics remained unchanged, but the 'dance' plays a different role. In the games I play face to face, the dance is the game. Everything else is just framework to decide who is thrown in the spotlight. Here, however, it doesn't have as much of  a place to be used, most likely because the subtleties of the interaction are lost - being on the spot and having to fake emotions is tough. Here, however, lying through your teeth is easy, as long as you can do it consistently.
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »

Yeah, I think you're right, Kleril.  And IRL, though I've never danced or not in Mafia, I've danced with all sorts of people, from sexual predators, to telemarketers, to honest and well meaning folk who simply wanted or needed something of me.

What you're saying though - what you said then.  How much of your statements of faith then and your belief in my alignment - how much did you mean what you said then?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2013, 09:36:10 pm »

Well. That was anticlimactic.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »

Note to self: Even if you think you can trick the person who is talking the most into mislynching the wrong people because they're focusing on the wrong people, nightkill them anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 26, 2013, 10:59:47 pm »

mmm.  Well now.  A final 'themesong' to this Mafia game... this one popped into my head as I thought back across the entirety of the game.  GG all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SF6vFPf2xg

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2013, 12:55:27 am »

What you're saying though - what you said then.  How much of your statements of faith then and your belief in my alignment - how much did you mean what you said then?

As far as I can remember, completely. Lying in that situation would've proved worse than the alternative. I went in with the assumption (faith) you were town, we danced, and then I knew it with certainty.
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44