Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134905 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3 -
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2013, 01:52:21 am »

...Yeeeaahh that still doesn't make sense how you worded
@Imp: The only example that comes to mind is bsnott's recent situation. If he was scum, then he just threw away the game.
HOWEVER, something just occurred to me: bsnott can still be scum, but only if you are scum as well.
Imp's reasoning for bsnott being indubitably town made sense at first. If Imp was lynched, scum wins. By bsnott extending the game, he effectively prevented scum from winning then and there. But there is a problem with this:
If Imp is scum, then it is still entirely possible for bsnott to be scum, as that means that bsnott was not preventing scum victory, but assisting it.
How did he effectively prevent a scum win? As in, effectively?
And that also means he was trying to save a buddy because of the carpy reasons people put on Imp at the time, huh? PS: Check his votes before that.
I think you're just confusing me now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the situation as I understand it: According to Imp's argument of bsnott's innocence, by extending bsnott prevents Imp from being lynched by extending. If he was scum, he could have not extended, letting Imp get lynched and winning for scum.
The problem comes in when you consider this: If both Imp and bsnott are scum, then this proof falls apart, and becomes a convenient way to declare one scum as town.
I'm really not sure how much clearer I can make this.
...So you think that bsnott isn't scum perfectly because he did the right thing a player would do-extend the game so he/she can learn, huh. That's a pretty superficial idea.
I've stuff in another post on this, but it'll come later.

Puff
Obviously there is going to be misunderstandings. Deathsword is not here for me to ask him about it.
But I am. And I ask, once again, the following which you somehow missed.

So why did you FoS her anyway?
What is your intent in doing such? Why so?
Your response is..
I was still assembling my case against her.
Really? You could've just voted her instead.
I will ask once more.
Why.

Next:
Pufferfish: Can you summarize your case on Imp? Let's say this is a regular game and the whole audience is looking at said case to better expound on brevity-in-context. What'cha think on what would apply and appeal to the rest.

You've laid out the context-what is your jurisdiction and/or response?

Could you give your piece of mind on her responses to me and vice versa? What is your take on us?

In fact, you even say "I'm town" once. That was D3. Today. lylo. Saying "I'm town" isn't as impressive as "I'm the cop". But it's still roleclaiming. And you've been doing it subtly for a while.
This could better be made if you linked the note instead of shouting it out as a generality.
Let's roleclaim and say I'm town.
I'm town~~
But even if she's been saying it (I mean, nothing wrong with saying it. Everyone, as is the general notion and as from traditional teaching, should be 'town'.) what's wrong with it? Is she pushing it DOWN YER THROAT? D:
No. No she ain't.

Yonder case above is based on that note where you spoilerrifically touch DeathSword, yet it is fraught with more of the feeling of 'I show you details, discuss' instead of 'I have evidence pertinent to this case which gives me x conclusion and forwards this train of thought to be true'.

The case at hand.

And, looking back, you were the main reason Kleril, a vanilla town, was lynched. After he unvoted you. Why did you change your mind about him after he unvoted you?
Back it up. You're accusing Imp because she lynched Kleril after he unvoted her?

BSnott:
Wow my list was bad. Sounds like you can't make it tomorrow at all but I must ask in case I survive:
What is (was) your case on me?
I'd still like to hear the answer posthumously in case I'm dead by the time you read this. Because this looks like a pre-emptive bandwagon to me.
...You do know that if you're town, and if you're dead, then the game's over and up right? And how is something a 'pre-emptive' bandwagon there? Why aren't you attacking the post instead of detailing one of the probable inferences that comes because of it.

..Hah, pre-emptive bandwagon. :P

Quote from: @Tiruin
Why do you think I am scum? What made you think this could be a bus manouver?
Probably when I've noted the malevolent silliness which came with your predecessor's vote, and the follow through by your buddy bro. Continued there, and here, with a correction being I did not notice (failed to actualize..) that Imp shifted her vote when talking about the whole Darviness back then.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2013, 05:05:36 am »

@Tiruin:
I'm gonna try to answer this tonight, but please forgive me and point out what I forget. It's late.

Puff
Obviously there is going to be misunderstandings. Deathsword is not here for me to ask him about it.
But I am. And I ask, once again, the following which you somehow missed.

So why did you FoS her anyway?
What is your intent in doing such? Why so?
Your response is..
I was still assembling my case against her.
Really? You could've just voted her instead.
I will ask once more.
Why.

In simplest matters, I was suspicious. That's what I assumed the FoS is for. I was suspicious but I wasn't confident enough for a vote. Now I am.

That's how my brain worked anyway.

Next:
Pufferfish: Can you summarize your case on Imp? Let's say this is a regular game and the whole audience is looking at said case to better expound on brevity-in-context. What'cha think on what would apply and appeal to the rest.

You've laid out the context-what is your jurisdiction and/or response?

Could you give your piece of mind on her responses to me and vice versa? What is your take on us?

In fact, you even say "I'm town" once. That was D3. Today. lylo. Saying "I'm town" isn't as impressive as "I'm the cop". But it's still roleclaiming. And you've been doing it subtly for a while.
This could better be made if you linked the note instead of shouting it out as a generality.
Let's roleclaim and say I'm town.
I'm town~~
But even if she's been saying it (I mean, nothing wrong with saying it. Everyone, as is the general notion and as from traditional teaching, should be 'town'.) what's wrong with it? Is she pushing it DOWN YER THROAT? D:
No. No she ain't.

Roleclaim:
This matters because I know I'm Town, and because of bsnott's actions when Scum could have won the game, I know he's Town.  There's only three Town left, and I know who two are.  That's big to me.  That gives me GREAT hope, the most hope I've had since I was the blithering idiot who believed she'd spotted both Scum on D1 (and was wrong about both picks).
Spoiler: other instances (click to show/hide)

There's three. I can hunt down the other two tomorrow if you like.

Yonder case above is based on that note where you spoilerrifically touch DeathSword, yet it is fraught with more of the feeling of 'I show you details, discuss' instead of 'I have evidence pertinent to this case which gives me x conclusion and forwards this train of thought to be true'.

The case at hand.

And, looking back, you were the main reason Kleril, a vanilla town, was lynched. After he unvoted you. Why did you change your mind about him after he unvoted you?
Back it up. You're accusing Imp because she lynched Kleril after he unvoted her?
Absolutely. Doesn't that strike you as weird?

Spoiler: some related stuff. (click to show/hide)

Notice how she say no matter how or when. She used her large posts to influence a vote on Kleril.
BSnott:
Wow my list was bad. Sounds like you can't make it tomorrow at all but I must ask in case I survive:
I'd still like to hear the answer posthumously in case I'm dead by the time you read this. Because this looks like a pre-emptive bandwagon to me.
...You do know that if you're town, and if you're dead, then the game's over and up right? And how is something a 'pre-emptive' bandwagon there? Why aren't you attacking the post instead of detailing one of the probable inferences that comes because of it.

Probably when I've noted the malevolent silliness which came with your predecessor's vote, and the follow through by your buddy bro. Continued there, and here, with a correction being I did not notice (failed to actualize..) that Imp shifted her vote when talking about the whole Darviness back then.

Well BSnott knows where Imp's gonna put her vote :P And if I'm right, Squill may actually not be too far from correct, either.

Did I catch everything? If not I'll catch them all tomorrow. Tired.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2013, 02:26:27 pm »

Day ends Wednesday November 13th 9PM PST. ~9.5 hours from this post

Imp - Pufferfish
squill -
bsnott -
Pufferfish - bsnott
Tiruin -

Not voting - Imp, Tiruin, squill

0 to extend, 2 needed
0 to shorten, 3 needed
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »

Oh yeah, as and to post-mortem, this thread doesn't get locked when the game is over right? So he could still answer even after the game is over when I'm lynched.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »

..So you think that bsnott isn't scum perfectly because he did the right thing a player would do-extend the game so he/she can learn, huh. That's a pretty superficial idea.
I've stuff in another post on this, but it'll come later.
This is getting a little bit frustrating. I am not saying that bsnott is definitely town, I'm saying that IN IMP'S SCENARIO SPECIFICALLY, the logic still does not work, UNLESS WE KNOW THAT IMP IS TOWN FOR SURE. We do not, therefore IMP'S CASE IS IN NO WAY THE FINAL WORD ON BSNOTT'S ROLE. I really hope that is clear enough, because I'm getting a little bit tired of this.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2013, 04:08:54 pm »

Posting from work.  Life's rather hell right now.  I'd like another extension.

Tiruin, I'm still chewing over your answers.  I'll continue to do so today between work tasks, if there's time between work tasks, and more tonight.  I expect to be posting again tonight.  Other questions/concerns I'll address tonight as well, assuming extension allows.  Been some very interesting reading this last 24 hoursish of play.

If the extension doesn't pass, I'll be watching and placing a vote before the deadline.  I'm not placing it now because I am still not ready to move forward.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

Like I said, I'll offer one more extension. Extend. But this day has to end at some point.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:51 pm »

Extend
Just popped in to say that.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 13, 2013, 06:00:36 pm »

Day extended to Friday, November 15th 9PM PST.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »

Oh yeah, as and to post-mortem, this thread doesn't get locked when the game is over right? So he could still answer even after the game is over when I'm lynched.
Yeah. Y'know ,I saw your earlier note as a HUGE scumslip.

BSnott:
I'd still like to hear the answer posthumously in case I'm dead by the time you read this.
Because this looks like a pre-emptive bandwagon to me.

Well BSnott knows where Imp's gonna put her vote :P And if I'm right, Squill may actually not be too far from correct, either.

Did I catch everything? If not I'll catch them all tomorrow. Tired.
No, wait, you never addressed it. Still, point stands as it contradicts what you said earlier here and can't be logical that you'd think that otherwise.

Unless I'm missing something. And I still can't get your pre-emptive bandwagon, and I've a feeling that you're being...intentionally picky on some of those questions. Why aren't all my questions being answered? That makes me sad.

Anyway. It doesn't get locked when game's over-no thread does unless something really bad in-game things were said and caused Toady One to bring down justice......Like in that one game wherein I'm not sure to link but it provides something VERY GOOD on where people's tongues should be and tact lines be drawn.

..Eh, so no. End-game discussion happens after game. That's when the drama unfolds, usually. And then the remarks, and pats on the back, and veiled daggers being drawn, and then hugs as we cut the cake with said daggers. 'Tis a happy community out of game, but when in-game, we go at each other's throats.

Helps attack accuracy and all that motor skill training.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 13, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »

Haha, I asked you which ones I missed. Which ones did I miss, could you point them out or ask them again? I will answer them.

fake-edit OH I CAUGHT IT it just ended with a period. Heh, my NP++ only catches questionmarks.

I called it a pre-emptive bandwagon because I feel he's voting under the assumption that I -am- going to get voted on by Imp, and provided little to no explanation. I mean, I suppose I could get on his case for that. But it's hard to tear into a person without anything to sink my teeth into. Hence the leading question. I want to know his reasoning behind putting a vote on me with little explanation.

And I was hoping it wouldn't get locked, because I really would have liked to hear his answer if the day wasn't extended.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2013, 06:35:18 pm »

And I'm sure I still missed one. Please let me know which.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2013, 02:05:24 am »

Day extended to Friday November 15th at 11:59:59 PST.

Imp - Pufferfish
squill -
bsnott -
Pufferfish - bsnott
Tiruin -

0 to extend, 2 needed
0 to shorten, 3 needed

I have two big projects due Friday so notice day now ends midnight instead of 9 PM.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 14, 2013, 05:25:34 am »

I called it a pre-emptive bandwagon because I feel he's voting under the assumption that I -am- going to get voted on by Imp[...]
So..you're trying to predict his move by accusing him of it and not putting anything behind it?

...Uh huh. Ok.

So your case on Imp is..well, the gist is that you think she's hiding something of malicious intent in her WoT's, and that such WoT's are a good smokescreen. Anything else I've missed?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 15, 2013, 01:54:22 am »

Day ends Friday November 15th at 11:59:59 PST. ~25 hours from this post.

Imp - Pufferfish
squill -
bsnott -
Pufferfish - bsnott
Tiruin -

0 to extend, 2 needed
0 to shorten, 3 needed

Day ends in ~25 hours.

Everyone should post more.  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44