Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134933 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2013, 02:32:51 am »

Doh, I messed up and left part of the quote I tried to copy/paste for Mr.Zero's clarity request, how unclear is that!  This should fix it.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2013, 02:55:38 am »

IM NOT SURE BUT I THINK THE FORUM AT MY POST NOW,TWICE>
Durrr..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2013, 04:03:03 am »

Ouchies.  Highly recommend that you have notepad or word or anything open and handy.  I have weird things happen when I type long stuff in the forum's window, it tends to get really laggy and not accept new keypresses - think the forum itself can hear the pleas of y'all that I type shorter and is trying to make me comply too.

So I type elsewhere, then paste and format, copy pack out, make sure it's in good shape, and then I can laugh if something goes wrong.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:35 am »

Ouchies.  Highly recommend that you have notepad or word or anything open and handy.  I have weird things happen when I type long stuff in the forum's window, it tends to get really laggy and not accept new keypresses - think the forum itself can hear the pleas of y'all that I type shorter and is trying to make me comply too.

So I type elsewhere, then paste and format, copy pack out, make sure it's in good shape, and then I can laugh if something goes wrong.
D:

{What Imp said. Also if you're using Mozilla Firefox, the Lazarus plug-in is recommended when doing walls of text--you may disable it on everything else.

Also in times like these, it's important to at least give the gist of your argument rather than waiting and remaking it after the intended anxiety has done its course.}

@Imp:
I can't help it, this is one of the ways I suck.  I'm sure one game or another I'll have it beaten out of me.  I doubt I'll get too much better in a couple weeks or less though even if every one of you gets a stick and sets to - unlike our esteemed Superblackcat, I fear I'm just not in the top 1 percentile of how fast a human can improve, even with all the help you and everyone else playing are surely eager to offer.

I do hope this new spoiler system I'm trying is useful.  This way people can 'shut out' what they're not looking for and see what they want to see more easily, perhaps.  That is my intention at least.
{I've found a way to make it easy and intended. The use of the
Code: [Select]
[hr]Horizontal rule. It acts as a separator to format who and what your paragraphs are aimed at.

Also you don't suck and it won't be beaten out-that analytical thinking-but it will be improved or modified. You dooooon't suck. :I}

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2013, 05:10:33 am »

Also you don't suck and it won't be beaten out-that analytical thinking-but it will be improved or modified. You dooooon't suck. :I}

I so feel Mentored.  You've given me something awesome!  Someone 'in' this game that I can buddy to my heart's content and who won't possibly nightkill me.  This game.  I might not even get lynched for it either. Yet.  Sooo much safer.

I was considering hiding from Rolepgeek's anti-imp-messinesss-to-come under zombie urist's feet or something - but now I'll use you!  Specifically, the length of your posts, which I have not yet admired.  Someday.  Surely a gooood place to hide when Rolepgeek reminds -me- that he has no sense of humor these days, if ever.

I tried that HR stuff, one post.  Oh yeah! Behemoth :D

People still hated it maybe.

I can throw a HR or two around, sure but.  I suspect the problem is they has to see too many words/scroll to far.  That's the only think I can think of that's so bad.  Read it once, start skimming if you hates; then you just have to scroll past it to get to new nitty-gritties. But without spoilers.... Broken mice, maybe, dunno.

I know what everyone really hates about the length of the post is all them words... despite the fact that I clearly don't get it.... do the spoilers help?

Thanks for your

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »

Yay, activity! (even thought only Imp and SBc are the main two posters)

To the lurker tracker! Where Imp has more posts than Darvi, Deathsword, Rolepgeek and Kleril combined!

I'll have a much more detailed post up this evening, but I just got called to do dishes. Thanks Imp for responding to my questions. But to confirm, you think Kleril is more scummy than SBC right now?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:21 pm »

Spoilers work well. Quoting your stuff is still a pain, but it's easier to find things in your posts.

My current take on 'others buddying me'... as well as on 'me buddying others':]

I don't protest players getting chummy with me (yet - I may learn to, but for now I believe I can use it just like I can use any other interaction).
So if you don't have problems with buddying why is your first piece of your anti-klelil argument is that he was buddying SBC? Also, what's your opinion of Mr. Zero's odd accusation of SBC buddying Kleril but, as I pointed out earlier, when you look at the context seems more understandable?(as I do here).

On Squill, we're pretty much agreed in that he seems town but needs to post more. (@Squill: Your answers and questions you gave me were very much appreciated, and if you could scum-hunt more in general would be nice)

'Spoiled' by this one long reply, continued...

Thanks for the answers and analysis of post-Behemoth discussion. I agree with you that SBC is looking less like scum and his play has improved. However, that is the point of Beginner's Mafia, to help people get used to and ready for Bay12's Mafia environment. Without BM (plus reading through the first three Supernatural games) I would have been like Squill or Kleril when I started. Since the game's started, almost everyone's play has been improved, not just SBC. So I agree his play has improved, I'm not completely sure it's because he's getting tips from a Scum IC.

I don't have time to address anything else. I'm at Chinese School :<
I hope to see your responses to Imp's spoilered posts as well as some scum-hunting. Do have more reasons besides that Imp and Mr. Zero are buddying to suspect Mr. Zero of being scum?

Deathsword: Any more from you?
Darvi: You're voting Imp, has your opinion changed at all?

Kleril: If your still active, what's your reaction to the reasons I think you are scum and have voted you?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2013, 05:59:29 pm »

It's been 5 hours of nervous waiting :<

Squill, Could you completely answer my question? By giving thoughts about every, and not just myself?

Since, I'm up there in your scum list, there must be others right? Who would they be and why? Or are you just jumping on bandwagons.
Ugh. Sorry for the delay, I thought I'd post earlier, but I had a lot more homework than I expected.

Imp: Imp is... one of my higher picks for scum. I just get a bad gut reaction from him, it seems like he is too quick to to latch onto a target as "scum," and a little bit too slow to let go when they give reasonable answers.
SBC: Your more recent posts seem a little bit less scummy than your previous ones. Your attempts to find out who people suspect to be scum partners rather than scum as individuals could be a scum trying to find out if his partner is suspected, but that seems a little bit far fetched to me.
MrZero: I'm feeling a little bit less confident in him being town now. His posting is not too often, and doesn't seem to contain a whole lot of information, at least to me.
kleril: I'm not liking the way it's looking for him. He seems to be rather defensive, and not a whole lot of other content coming from him. I still am not sure if he is scum, but his lynch could possibly informative. Anyways, I'm not quite dedicated to lynching him yet, but I certainly wouldn't be too upset if it did happen.
Persus13: Persus seems a lot better now. Certainly better than lukinator. Of course, it is possible that lukinator was a scum under a lot of pressure, and decided to get out of the game before screwing over the scum.
Rolepgeek: I don't get particularly scummy vibes from him. At this point it seems like this isn't just lurking, it seems like he's either unable or unwilling to put aside the time to play the game.
Darvi: Seems pretty town, although I don't think he's been here long enough to feel to convinced yet.
Deathsword: I'm thinking town. Although he's not as frequent a poster, as say, Imp, but I think that most of what he does post is pretty solid.

Well, that's all. Sorry that it's probably not that good, but I'm a bit burned out after coming home from school only to write around seven pages, and I'm kinda blowing off a friend so that I can type this.

I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »

Imp: Imp is... one of my higher picks for scum. I just get a bad gut reaction from him, it seems like he is too quick to to latch onto a target as "scum," and a little bit too slow to let go when they give reasonable answers.
Glad to hear from you, and I enjoy your comments (and agree with several of them).  Also, Imp is a her, not a him.
Sigtext

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2013, 06:10:25 pm »

Christ, I've got a lot of reading to catch up on. I'll be throwing up a much larger response later, provided this doesn't tranform into one on its own.

To start, I'm not sure how to deal with all this anti-me momentum that's been growing against me. I've been playing stupid scummy, which is inexcusable, and I apologize to everyone who's been wasing all this time on me.

I'd like to welcome Persus to the game, and I'll take this opportunity to extend an unvote until you say or do something to change my mind.

Onto SBC: Smart move, but no. I've got to stand up to this. SBC's earlier attempts to try and get all buddy-buddy with me are most likely just to drive me further into the ground. I look scummy enough based on my bad play, and getting all this positive attention from the other top scum pick would make it look as if we were both scum, but I plead that this is not the case. There has been zero reason to support me, for any reason. My play's been shitty, and anyone taking that as scumtells, you're wrong, but justifiably so. SBC's approval of my play was trying to make me look scummier by proxy.

The scum tell in there, actually two, is that first of all. You didn't question ANYTHING, Imp said. Are you telling me that you agree with every single point in that behemoth post? Or did you just skim the "VOTE KLERIL" part, and then decided to include his name?

Also, You proceed to say luke is just dumb? Why the contradiction? Why include Luke's name in the first place?

for this, you deserve a Vote (MrZero)
kleril doesn't seem scum, but He hasn't had enough activity of the late for me to tell...

I agree with what kleril said about Imp.

If this game continues down the path it does, just remember this after I've been voted out.

On the other hand, there's this:
This question I want answered NOW: Why are you asking for clarification on how role blockers work? To me this just screams scum.
That looks like a leading question to me. Where else would you ask for clarifications?
Answer: In scumchat. So why'd SBC post it here? Thoughts on this? Should this be held in SBC's favour, or is this being asked outside of scumchat just a play to feign innocence?

@Darvi:
kleril has so far mostly behaving like town, but that doesn't mean much.
Care to shed a little insight on why you think I've been behaving like town? At all? Even I think I've been playing reflexively and shitty.

Imp is getting too comfortable with their picks. That sounds like scum pre-emptively deciding on the lynches because fuck scumhunting, you know you can trust them. Right?

I don't like Mr.Z's inconsistency and vagueness regarding his reads. Got any more reasons for your town read on RPG?
The only pick Imp is sure of is me. Are they too comfortable with it? Yeah, but I'm partially at fault for that, and looking to change it. If this behaviour continues past D1, then something's up, but for now it seems excusable.

@Zero[/size]:
@Darvi, I will gladly answer every question you have if you show a clear indication that the question is directed at me.

Got any more reasons for your town read on RPG?
There's a question directed at you, and you blew it off. Now, answer it. RPG's had so little town-esque activity that I can't believe that you know something we don't. On top of that, you avoided answering the question.

@Persus: Now that you know Luke's role, can you try and justify whatever he's done from an insider's perspective?

Kleril: If your still active, what's your reaction to the reasons I think you are scum and have voted you?

1. Deflection to SBC after the Behemoth was posted (here and claiming that because scum knows Kleril thinks SBC is scum, they'll change their plans, and blaming Imp for that. Also here: Attacking SBC for being a newb and asking Mods/IC for clarification on Roleblockers)

2. Jumped on the lynch Lukinator bandwagon (while this is understandable, I'm pretty confident at least one scum jumped on this bandwagon, which means Kleril, Deathsword, Squill, Darvi, or Imp is scum, and at the moment, Kleril and Deathsword look the most scummy out of the 5)

3. The whole faith in Imp not being scum is strange, plus has focused almost solely on Imp and to a lesser extant Lukinator, and has been mainly defending himself even before the Behemoth. His 8th post on.

re:
1. If scum plays smart, they'll only vote out obvious town members. I'm not too sure how knowing who top scum picks are is going to play out, but it feels to me that top town picks will end up NK'd over suspicious players, and laying that information out for the scum may not be the best idea. I could be wrong, though. (@ICs: Care to clarify what's a smarter play, and why?)
See above blip just before the @Darvi for roleblockers bit.

2. He never gave proper justification for his play, or even acknowledged it. Going silent the way he did helped nobody, least of all town.

3. I've been playing poorly. Focusing too much on defending myself (which I'm evidently awful at) has taken too much of my attention to actively scumhunt - which I understand isn't helping my case whatsoever. I don't think Imp is scum, based on our ongoing 'thing'. Call it what you may. At least for me, this has convinced me they're not scum, although this may cost me and the town a mislynch.

@RPG: Can you please post something with some content in it? What are your thoughts on Zero's approval of your playing? I don't think it's a fair judgement. Do you?
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2013, 06:59:32 pm »

Persus13:
Imp ... to confirm, you think Kleril is more scummy than SBC right now?
Yes.

Superblackcat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »

@Darvi, You would be my current top town tell, because with that one post, it's gone through more than anyone else, except for maybe Imp. And frankly, I like your logic. Of course, I do think that you could be a wolf in sheeps clothing, and looking at that veteraness in those posts, I can see how easily you could probably pretend to be town. And how well you would do it.
I don't like sheep's clothing. Too scratchy. I'm a wolf who hunts other wolves 'cause they're (even bigger) arseholes. (Actually I'm more of a rodent person. So it's more accurate to say that I'm going for their nuts.)

Could everyone list their genders please, This guessing game is too hard.
N/A. I really don't care.

{Roleblockers target someone during the night. If their target attempted to perform an action that same night, it'll fail. If the target does not/cannot perform an action (which is pretty much anything, including kills), nothing happens. It's up to the mod if the target knows they were blocked or not. The scum players decide which will perform the kill. If that player is blocked, then there is no kill (Mod/Darvi, correct me if I am wrong). A player cannot peform more than one action unless their role states otherwise. By stalker, I guess you mean role-cop.}
That is correct.

@Deathsword, I'm quite happy to lynch someone, but no one in this game has enough evidence against them.
Interesting. How much evidence does somebody need to convince you? How much evidence do you need to convince yourself?

@Darvi, ffs. That's hypocracy, you mention behemoths and you create one yourself. I tried to fork that thing over into neat quotes but it's too much of a hassle as i have trouble spotting what is directed at me and isn't. I will gladly answer every question you have if you show a clear indication that the question is directed at me. Also cut that style, it's more of a pain to read than Imp's.
a) That's not a real word.
b) I'd like you to reply to an entire day's worth of posts with a bunch of IC advice, with using less content. You'll notice that every part of the reply has been kept short enough on its own, with quotes in between so people know what I'm talking about.
c) It's generally understood that the person being quoted is the one being addressed, unless the context makes it clear that they're not being addressed. So? Are they scumhunting or not?
d) What style? The transparency? Weeeell. [Suck it up, I guess?]

@Persus, Since you believe kleril is scum, who do you think his partner is?
Not completely sure. Imp's pretty sure your Kleril's partner, but there's a few people I can cross off. If Kleril's scum, then I'm pretty sure Imp isn't scum as the two have been arguing for pretty much the entire game. Otherwise the choices are pretty open.
You mention "a few people". At best, you actually list one. Who else would you cross off if your had to choose?

Also re:replacements: [Any questions about the person being replaced amount to what's essentially role-fishing. The replacement doesn't know what the previous person was thinking and should say so. The only information they have about their predecessor is what their role tells them, and that should naturally stay secret. Basically, treat the new guy as if they had been playing the entire game.]

[snip]
Much better, thanks.

Has Scum actually gotten help from the Scum IC?
Why would you care to know this? And ideally, not in a way that makes NQT do all the work.

Madness.  Utter madness.
Welcome to B12 mafia, where confirmed scum saves the day, people get killed multiple times the same night and still keep playing, and traitorous cultists sacrifice their mafia teammates into a scum-win.

To the lurker tracker! Where Imp has more posts than Darvi, Deathsword, Rolepgeek and Kleril combined!
5 posts per week is the best you can expect from me - One for each weekday.

3) There was a 2/9 probability he was scum
Protip: quoting statistics is pointless at best and scummy at worst.

Darvi: You're voting Imp, has your opinion changed at all?
That would necessitate that I held any opinions at all. If I did, they wouldn't have changed so far,  though. I'm gonna hold off judgement until their next post.

Care to shed a little insight on why you think I've been behaving like town? At all? Even I think I've been playing reflexively and shitty.
When the accusations start piling up, I expect people to play reflexively and shitty in a BM. That being said, do note that I said "mostly". But there were some other things that seemed to me like how newbtown would behave. You adequately explained your non-vote back then, which turned that little piece of suspicion into a non-issue. For actual town-behaviour, there's your active work here and here again (the tone and content in your post seemed to indicate that the vote wasn't a bandwagon yet).  What spoke against you at that point was, ya well, mostly the fact that you were to easily judging Squill and Imp as town with little to no reason. Latching onto the most active player seems like a stupid newb thing to do, but the read on Squill was odd.

In hindsight, I was probably overrating the good bits, but that's the gist of it.

Answer: In scumchat. So why'd SBC post it here? Thoughts on this? Should this be held in SBC's favour, or is this being asked outside of scumchat just a play to feign innocence?
Precisely. However, posting in scumhat is impossible unless you're scum, so a townie would have to ask here (or PM the mod). But as you have pointed out, scum can just do it to feign ignorance. Or maybe they're the jailer and worried about blocks. Or they're asking ahead to be prepared in future games. What I'm saying is, this is WIFOM and should be ignored. I don't know why you would consider it scummy that they asked the question here, and in turn made youself look scummy by doing so.

The only pick Imp is sure of is me. Are they too comfortable with it? Yeah, but I'm partially at fault for that, and looking to change it. If this behaviour continues past D1, then something's up, but for now it seems excusable.
Don't you worry, I'm taking that into account.

@Persus: Now that you know Luke's role, can you try and justify whatever he's done from an insider's perspective?
Let me interrupt you there and spare him the reply by repeating what I said earlier. Replacements cannot be held accountable for what the replacee did. Don't bother asking, just pretend they've always been part of the game, except lurking.

Blah, I bet there's gonna be yet another reply after I type this sentence.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2013, 07:42:46 pm »

As always, thanks for the responses Darvi.

Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

{Any questions about the person being replaced amount to what's essentially role-fishing. The replacement doesn't know what the previous person was thinking and should say so. The only information they have about their predecessor is what their role tells them, and that should naturally stay secret. Basically, treat the new guy as if they had been playing the entire game.}

Obviously a person cannot tell us another's reasons, but is it fair to ask a replacement what they think of posts made by their predecessor?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:33 pm »

Persus13: I'm going to ask this question and wait for its answer before I answer

Mr.Zero, explain your answer to this, both what you were answering (a portion of the question, an implication that was not said in the question, the question as a whole, or whatever else) and what your answer means?

You seem to understand Imp very well... Might you be getting clarifications, or just frankly status updates with eachother... in a certain thing called Scum chat?

You two seems to be working together. It wasn't very apparent in the previous posts, but because of that post, I've noticed you guys have basically agreed on everything.

Totally, and you?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44