Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134945 times)

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

Whelp, my timing sucks.
...what's our next collective step? Or should we discuss this after mafia get in their NK?
Seeing as how everyone's kept their second top FOS played close to their chests, I thought it'd be a smart play to follow suit. Had things played out differently, I would have come out here and said that SBC was who we all should be voting next round. Way to go, Imp. You dragged it out of me. It didn't need to happen, and now the scum's play is going to change accordingly, now that it's in writing.

@Imp's behemoth attacking me:
Re: 1) Nothing I would have said about cat hadn't already been brought up by other players. It's not helping town any if my contributions are entirely redundant forms of entire redundancy.

2) This is faith I have placed in you, based on how you've been playing. I have no fact to back it up, but this is what I believe. If I had facts (i.e. if I was scum), things would be different, and this convincing would have been from post one, and not 5 or so pages in. Use your head.

3) It's day one, and where votes have been placed has been established as more of a scumhunting tool than anything. Using the votecount alone, and not the posts to justify them, is useless.

Also what in the hell is scum chat?
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2013, 01:42:01 pm »

faith

Kleril, I really want to vote correctly.

If you are Town, simply act it....  I.E. -> DO YOUR JOB.

That way you help ensure the win for your team, no matter when or how you die.

At this point I don't care if we lynch you or Superblackcat first.  I'm not playing close to the chest.  The same four players I was most suspicious of in my original answer to top Town/top FOS are actually still the four I most suspect now - that could have changed, but based on behavior and posting since then, it hasn't.

The order's changed, and that's largely because of subsequent behavior.  How certain I am of each has changed, and that is entirely because of subsequent behavior.

Ehh, none of that matters.  You and the Scum are the only people playing who know, absolutely know, if you are Town or Scum.  Either way, get Scum hunting.  I wouldn't bother just hunting Cat, to me he's a clear target and I've strongly said so, you've just agreed he's your top FOS, though you said NOTHING about it before, unless we want to count your first and never followed up on comment about how he wrote in his first post.  So find the second Scum.

It's probably really easy to look just at me; I don't expect you to ignore me, but as Town (if you are...) you still have motivation to catch the Scum, right?  There's people in this game who I have a very weak/almost no feel for right now.  I rather believe that's how most of us feel towards at least some of the people not currently in the spotlight.

So, as someone who used to be a manager, let me suggest, since you haven't been 'fired' yet and there's still days left to the end of the current extention (which I am tentatively willing to still support extending further) - Get to work.

I don't want to mislynch.  The same thing that would convince me I'm wrong about Superblackcat would also convince me I'm wrong about you.  Do all you can to find the second Scum (since you say you agree that Cat's likely to be one of them).  Don't waste all your time on Cat (I hear you say that Cat's your top FOS - I won't forget it - but there's already a very strong case against Cat in my eyes [Subtle things about Cat's behavior towards you, the most obvious I already highlit, is also part of why I suspect you so strongly] and we are hunting two Scum.)  Find the second Scum.

If your behavior both makes sense with all you've shown so far and as a whole points to your not being Scum, I will have NO hesitation in explaining what I see.  If the entire team dynamic suggests that you're not one of the Scum and I catch it, I'm also going to point that out.

Now, I might not state these things IMMEDIATELY and DIRECTLY AT FIRST, but I'm well aware that I may not live to D2.  I have NO REASON to hide my observations and suspicions, not even to better trap someone D2+, because I can't count on being around to say anything.  It's today or never to me.  Maybe for you too - Each person's going to vote how they see fit, there's no certainty that you're dying first or at all.

Just cause I'm so sure about what I see, doesn't mean you have to be.  So, you know, Scum hunt.  Cause.... my mind can be changed, and I don't want to be wrong.  Once I realize I'm wrong, I try to fix it so I can be right again - staying wrong doesn't motivate me.  Mislynching anyone doesn't motivate me.  So... get to work maybe?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2013, 02:38:00 pm »

@Mr. Zero:
I suppose i could give out my top town which is Rolepgeek.

What's Rolepgeek done to take the spot of top town, for you? He seems to be overly hostile and uncooperative, in my eyes.

@SBC
Personally, because I think the chance of actually killing the mafia is quite small, I would prefer two NL's. However, if there was something drastic happen, in the next several of hours, a RL may be what we need.
While on paper, this seems to be the best approach, the game is meant to be played. Odds are that as town we can play cohesively enough to make a mafia member stumble and say something incriminating. I've played very few games of mafia where scum hasn't been voted off, or at least confirmed in the minds of the group, by the end of day one. It's rare that scum can play well enough during day one to keep on top of everyone setting the stage for the rest of the game.
On top of that, the most powerful use for a lynch is the ability to choose. Everyone's got at least a rough idea of who's suspicious, and eliminating one of them means that the next day becomes easier to choose correctly.
e.g. Losing you or Lukinator during the day is more beneficial than losing, say, Squill during the night, as now we have fewer scummy players to choose between.

So, do you still believe a NL is good for town? Have you ever? Or are you just pushing the idea forward to sway the game in favour of scum?
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

Imp, while two of your points against kleril are valid, I feel like the first one is a bit invalid.
1)   He was the first to speak of something odd about Superblackcat’s unusual first post, saying “Interesting choice of pronoun there, bud. There something we should know?”  Kleril never followed up on this – never even answered Mr.Zero’s “Even though you asked a little bit more than blackcat, you didn't actively pursue this. Why so? Aren't you curious?”
This is quite possibly because kleril was just picking at SBC's grammar, but from then on they never really payed much attention to each other. I know that I haven't really addressed Deathsword much, because he hasn't done a whole lot that struck me as particularly scummy.

Sorry that this post wasn't a bit longer, I was going to do more but it quickly devolved into some WIFOM BS, but I felt obligated to post something.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »

Whups, meant to answer this.

If you've read any other forum BM games, at least to the end, the moderator offers a few links after the game, to some off this forum private posting place.  Scum chat is one of these, there's also a deadchat, and sometimes a spoilspec chat.  These were all open to specific people during play and are more or less heavily used.

Dead chat's where dead people of any role can go to talk, and there's apparently a few other non-player/experienced people with access to there.

Spoilspec's apparently a thread where you can go to see all the info about the game, but separately from the Mafiachat, so you can't see what the mafia discuss or influence them privately there (as the ScumIC can and should).  Some discussion about play may happen there, safe from where it can influence play.  I've only looked at one game's opened spoilspec, personally I didn't find it useful, though I've enjoyed peeking at a couple other game's deadchats and scumchats.

All three of these chats have been mentioned inside this forum game already.  Deadchat only once, here:

ZU: Spoilspec please-if only to give access to deadchat, thanks. :P

Spoilspec was mention in that post, and also in the OP:

Replacement List:
•This could also be you!
•Persus13

Spoilspec:

And Scumchat was first mentioned in the OP:

The mafia know the alignment of everyone on their team and they can discuss the game privately in a special mafia chat.

But it was also mentioned in play once before as well:

{...there is a Scum IC. The purpose of the Scum IC is to guide and provide advice to scum in the safety of the scumchat...}

Good luck.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:46 pm »

Sorry for my inactivity last two days, I have had enormous amounts of math homework, and just finished my math test.

Anyways, onto the meat.

@Imp, Where did I suddenly focus on kleril? After my talk with you, I kinda disappeared in this game, essentially lurking. This was because I had a math test these days, and spent time until 1am during the day working on that stuff. In the beginning, I was kinda just dropping in and skimming, and then I dropped out completely.

Also, my assessment of your gender comes from your style of writing, (the only thing I know about you).

What is your gender?

For the Behemoth attack... What?... Frankly, I think you will probably just use this post to connect me and kleril again. Even though I don't see how we are connected in the first place.

I understand your first points against kleril, and I think it's a valid point, I was waiting for him to answer me for a while, and when eventually he didn't... I kinda forgot about it.

I don't understand your second post at all, and your links don't work. You are saying he is scum because he gets a towntell on you?

As for me:

For your first part. I believe I said squill because whatever someone said made sense. It coincided with what I remembered, and I mentioned him

Secondly, My opinion of you, is that I do not know if you are scum or town, Right now, because of this post, you seem scum to me. But I feel like that is a biased view, as you just accused me. I said that what you said had a lot of sway in this game. That's the part I agree with, Not anything about you being scum/town. I have not decided, so you were not under anything. I thought long and hard where to put you, and I couldn't decide. You didn't make either list.

"Your words have a lot of sway, and it scares me." (Quoted from kleril)

Frankly, you took that much information from my list, and yet, you guys still believe that there is no point in doing them. Why? The list makes people think hard about everyone inside the game, and other's will be able to look back, and use what people said.

For my scum reasoning. I stated them. Some of the got answered directly afterwards, such as griffinup, and deathsword. The scum on griffin was more of a prod.

kleril is the one other person I remember, because he addressed me directly. Afterwards, His activity declined.

"As of his ‘self defense’ post, he may have started paying close attention to Mr.Zero and myself(“two most active people in this game is after me”); for sure by his ‘top picks’ post he is, especially to me, and also suddenly to Kleril; But where’d this close attention to Kleril come from?  Why this sudden shift in tone, attitude, focus, and styles of posting, which occurred for both Kleril and Superblackcat on the same day, in posts placed two hours apart from each others?"

What in the hell do you mean?

@MrZero: "Rolepgeek: Looks like town to me. He acts a bit passively but it doesn't match the shit SBC,Luke and Kleril's (Because of the points Imp has shown) have pulled off."

HOLY SHIT! That is just scum tell right there.

"SBC,Luke and Kleril's (Because of the points Imp has shown)"

The scum tell in there, actually two, is that first of all. You didn't question ANYTHING, Imp said. Are you telling me that you agree with every single point in that behemoth post? Or did you just skim the "VOTE KLERIL" part, and then decided to include his name?

Also, You proceed to say luke is just dumb? Why the contradiction? Why include Luke's name in the first place?

for this, you deserve a Vote (MrZero)

You seem to understand Imp very well... Might you be getting clarifications, or just frankly status updates with eachother... in a certain thing called Scum chat?

You two seems to be working together. It wasn't very apparent in the previous posts, but because of that post, I've noticed you guys have basically agreed on everything.

Why do you guys even bother to hold things close to the chest, as you guys call it. As you guys can die at any night, Give away any and all information you notice, don't hold your 2nd fos close to the chest. No point in doing so. If you die with important information... Well, We missed it. However, if you die with the information spewing out of your mouth. Guess what, Someone may have killed you for that. Whether for WIFOM purposes, or just because, they want you dead.

@kleril: As of now, I believe we should vote MrZero. However, you forget something very important. Cops, and Roleblockers

Cops get to investigate every night.

Say... We NL tonight, and Squill dies, Cop investigates, say... Me or Luke, They either get a scum or no scum. Guess what? We got the same information, except we get one more night... Hmmm, He investigates, say, Imp or MrZero. WOAH more information. And he doesn't even need to out it. He can soft out it, and we will read back to see what he said. Such as, He could say, yknow, I think Luke seems more like town. And if he does die, we can assume that he investigated Luke. I feel like I just outlined what scum should be looking out for :(.

@Mods, Could you clarify how RoleBlockers work?

Who essentially kills? The Stalker, or the reg mafia? If RBer does Block, reg mafia, will someone still die because the stalker is alive?

@Squill, Do you think Imp is town? What about me? What about MrZero? What about kleril? What about Luke? What about Rolepgeek? First Impressions on Darvi?

Extend so we can finish these lines of thought as Weekends aren't technically mafia days.

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2013, 07:47:17 pm »

PFP once again, just to address this quickly.

@SBC: "...you forget something very important: cops and role blockers"
I'm REALLY unsure why that was addressed to me. It's true, those roles could contribute greatly, but that's provided we're fortunate enough that they live through the night.

This question I want answered NOW: Why are you asking for clarification on how role blockers work? To me this just screams scum.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

What is your gender?

...your links don't work...

Posting from work, so super brief (for me) and incompletely answering for now - My most likely time to be able to reply properly is Sunday, though if at all possible I'll do so sooner.

I am female.

And I am very glad to be told about those links not working - some work, some don't, and I hadn't realized and am SO GLAD to be told.  Apparently I grabbed some links from the reply window instead of the main thread.

I can open all those links, even the bad ones; but it seems to be trying to post a reply from the past or something, because opening any of them takes me to a reply window quoting the post I intended to link to and tells me (currently)  "Warning - while you were reading 11 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." -replies that don't exist outside of that newly opened replying link.  If my posts bad links are completely broken for you/others, then it's probably also trying to reply from my account or something, ouch.

I will be fixing this on or before Sunday with a new reply with proper links, and I will make sure they all work, instead of just spot checking a handful as I had.  This new post will contain that exact argument, changed only to give fully functional links.  My appologies that I cannot take the time to fix it RIGHT NOW (and I want to).  Anything I wish to add or change about my observations will be discussed separately from that correcting clarification, as will answering questions/concerns/challenges about it.

I support the request for Extension.  Just... those of you who are maybe procrastinating?  Don't take this or any extension as a reason to avoid involvement with the game - if you do, in general Town is going to lose.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »

Sweet mother of everything that's holy. Imp, do something about your posts, nobody reads walls of text. (And if somebody claims otherwise, then let me just emphasise that in the grand scheme of things, they are nobodies. Take that, existentialism!) Conciseness goes a long way to make sure you get listened to. At best, the length of your rants hides your lack of questioning over the last few days.
You've done a bunch of reasoning, nice. But are you certain that's all there is? This is day 1, and nothing is for sure. If you want people to be more active, then do what you preach and do something. Also, you shouldn't judge people by whatever link you see between them. Save that for if one of them flips scum.

RPG: Why are you not voting me, being the massive scumbag that I am?
This makes no sense. Clarify, please. Are you admitting to being scum?
No, I want you do give me a reason why you're not voting for me. [I'm also trolling you so I can read your reaction to my question. Expect this to happen in other games.]

Seeing as Lukinator is on the receiving end of most votes, what's our next collective step? Or should we discuss this after mafia get in their NK?
Our collective step, as always, is to scumhunt. Simply because Luke is a dead ringer for the D1 lynch doesn't mean we're gonna stop and wait for the next day. So if you're certain he's scum, look for his scumbuddy. If not, then try to convince the group who else should be lynched. Maybe this results in somebody else than Luke being lynched. Which is a good thing, as complacency is one of the reasons town loses.

This goes for everybody, by the way.

Whoops, missed Darvi there.

Good to know about how to use votes more effectively. Care to expand upon that last point you made there? Wasn't quite clear about how maintaining votes should be used.
[Basically, when you vote somebody, you want to see how they behave. Scum will panic. Town will also panic, especially in a BM, but less so than scum since their death is less detrimental to their team than if they were on the scumteam. Chances are, when you don't remove your vote off somebody, they will have behaved scummily. Scumilly? Eh.
Several things can then happen. The other player can start actually playing like town. That is a good thing. It means they are scumhunting and stuff, and that leads to town winning. At that point, you can remove your vote, maybe keeping your finger of suspicion on them just as a warning.
If they keep playing scummy, or at least bad enough to convince you they're not worth keeping around, you keep your vote on them unless somebody else is worse. Then, they either flip town (and nothing of value was lost) or they flip mafia, which is great. Of these three resuslts, only the second is sub-optimal, but that can be hardly blamed on you. (Actually, there's also the case where your target chickens out/cannot play/stops being active for some reason. In that case it's best to just hope for a replacement and move on to somebody else. This is the worst case scenario, as is currently with my vote.)
]

I'm not sure which trust you want me to justify here.
I trust Squill because they've said the perfect things at the perfect times, and are swinging this game in favour of the town. All posts make it clear where their loyalties lie.
I'd like to see some examples of those perfect things and why you think they make them look town. [One thing to be concerned about is if people say that they feel somebody else is town, but without giving any reason for it. Often, that is a sign of scum covering for their scumbuddy aka Buddying.
Therefore, regardless of your alignment, you should never do that, since you will look like scum. And unless the other players realise that chainlynches are a bad thing, the buddy will hang too if you're actually scum. Which I guess you should also keep in mind. Sometimes scum will buddy with town just so they will look like town when the other guy flips, or to make town chain-lynch a townie. This, naturally, never works.
Basically, when somebody buddies, the other guy might be worth looking into, but that should be the case anyway, and it's not a reason to get lynch-happy.

It is also important to tell what is buddying and what isn't. Examples of what isn't:
"X has been playing solidly the entire game, has been actively scumhunting, and generally hasn't acted scummy. I'm certain he's town"(Good, solid reason that can be easily verified by just looking at the thread)
"I have a gut feeling Y is town. She hasn't been all that active, but nothing points towards her being scummy"(Bit shaky reason, but it is made clear that the town tell isn't that certain either. Can be made better or worse depending on how much Y has been questioned earlier).
"I just have a feeling that Z is town." (This only works in a game that has more special roles, like cops or masons. Sometimes people want to share their knowledge without giving away their source, but that doesn't actually happen often since at best, it's a null-tell and at worst, looks like buddying. If the person making this claim flips town though, especially with a role that allows them to know the other person's alignment, it's a solid testimony. But until then, it's best to not think too hard about it since it only leads to WIFOM.)
]

@Mr. Zero:
I suppose i could give out my top town which is Rolepgeek.

What's Rolepgeek done to take the spot of top town, for you? He seems to be overly hostile and uncooperative, in my eyes.
[Good job! This is exactly what I was talking about. Be wary of vague town claims. Yes, I'm aware that Imp has brought up a similar issue in the post that shall now forever be known as the Behemoth, but like hell I'm gonna dissect that.]

Well Luke is playing stupid, while SBC is acting scummy. I can actually see Luke in me, at least my first mafia game waaay back. I see no reason to vote for stupidity over scumminess, also so far SBC hasn't even tried to show that he is town trying to help town.
[I like this answer. It shows that you are at least trying to differentiate between newbtown and newbscum. Actually managing to do that is difficult though, since bad players aren't good at appearing as town, period. Basically, allow for some leeway, but keep some skepticism to not dismiss every mistake as a newbie thing.] Please explain why you think that makes her scummy and not just a newbie flailing around trying to get a grip? (That sounded meaner than I intended to, but my inability to give a damn prevents me from changing it) Also, you say Luke is playing stupid, yet you implicitly call him scummy right afterwards. Explain this inconsistency. [Giving examples is always good, as is asking them. Even if you have a good idea of how somebody behaves, having somebody else give their opinion is a nice way of confirming your reads or putting them into question. Also, unless you heavily disagree, you shouldn't give your own opinion first. Because, if the reply is similar, how can you tell it hasn't been influenced by what you said earlier?]

Imp: In my view looks like a townie, the activity he's showing and the length of posts highly suggest that he is scum hunting.
"Suggest"? Are they scumhunting or are they not? [Distinguishing scumhunting from hot air is a skill you will need to learn. Important is that the person goes out of their way to get a read from others. Actually interpreting those reads is also a factor, but not as important. Or maybe that's just me, I personally never was good at that.]

It's a fun, happy place where scum can plan their next steps without the prying eyes of the rest of the players. This one is my personal favourite, for obvious reasons.

@MrZero: "Rolepgeek: Looks like town to me. He acts a bit passively but it doesn't match the shit SBC,Luke and Kleril's (Because of the points Imp has shown) have pulled off."

HOLY SHIT! That is just scum tell right there.
This is something where I almost feel obliged to contest. Yes, mentioning kleril is obvious tailgating on Imp's arguments. But for the rest, it almost looks more like somebody getting overwhelming scumvibes fromplain bad playing, and not intentionally malific.

In a different context, that is. Look above for the bit about him mentioning Luke and what I feel is wrong about it. Also, given that RPG's passivity is the only notable thing he mentions, it's very questionable how Mr.Z makes him his top town pick.

@Mods, Could you clarify how RoleBlockers work?

Who essentially kills? The Stalker, or the reg mafia? If RBer does Block, reg mafia, will someone still die because the stalker is alive?
RB's prevent their target from acting that night. If their target has no action, tough luck. It the roleblocker gets blocked, well, no further blocking happens. If two blockers block each other, they will realise after the game that what they have done may have been a colossal waste of time.

Also, one mafioso will do the kill. If they have a different (active) ability, they cannot use it at the same time. So with a setup of Roleblocker+Mafioso, they can block and kill at the same time. If one of them goes down, they can only kill (well, the RB could block, but that's wasteful).

That being said, no-lynching is stupid. It gives the mafia a free kill, no more, no less. If you want to play longer with the same people available, ask for an extend. Any reasons that you could give for no-lynching are hypothetical, situational, and soaked in wine.

Also, etiquette dictates that days off (such as because of tests) should be announced in advance whenever possible so people at least know what's happening.

This question I want answered NOW: Why are you asking for clarification on how role blockers work? To me this just screams scum.
That looks like a leading question to me. Where else would you ask for clarifications?

So I'm going to let Luke off the hook for now. No point in beating a blind camel. I'd like, however, to see his or his replacement's opinion on everything that has happened so far.

Sword I'm still waiting a reply from.

SBC: Does your previous statement about Squill being your top town pick still stand? He doesn't seem all that active or valuable to me. Also I'd like to know if you have any other basis for your FoS other than MrZ. seemingly getting along well with Imp. Because connecting your suspicions to other people is bad practice.

kleril has so far mostly behaving like town, but that doesn't mean much. I don't like their blind faith and would like them to stop it. *apatheismode off*

Imp is getting too comfortable with their picks. That sounds like scum pre-emptively deciding on the lynches because fuck scumhunting, you know you can trust them. Right?

I don't like Mr.Z's inconsistency and vagueness regarding his reads. Got any more reasons for your town read on RPG?

Just... those of you who are maybe procrastinating?  Don't take this or any extension as a reason to avoid involvement with the game - if you do, in general Town is going to lose.
I would have posted already if I hadn't wasted a literal hour on trying to read the Behemoth. :V
Also, if you want people to talk, then it's your job to compel them to do so. If people don't reply to your queries, fine, that means they can't or won't post and you can't do anything about it. Just saying "hey, post" never accomplishes anything, despite how hard people wish it would.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »

I'm too worn out right now to properly answer SBC's questions (I'll do so come morning), but I just wanted to suggest that Darvi change the formatting of his text, as it's a bit of a pain to highlight everything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2013, 09:31:48 pm »

I love Darvi's way of IC advice :P
If you hadn't noticed yet, just hover your mouse near the bracket, then highlight the whole thing until the next bracket.

Because 'Transparent' text.
This is how it works! -Beeeehhh- :p
Code: [Select]
[color=transparent]I bet you'll highlight the line above this now, huh?[/color]That is IC ADVICE, by the way.

...Also he goes by another name: Wymar//Wymar Sane if you're going to read that scumchat.

It is brilliant and lengthy.
Sweet mother of everything that's holy. Imp, do something about your posts, nobody reads walls of text. (And if somebody claims otherwise, then let me just emphasise that in the grand scheme of things, they are nobodies. Take that, existentialism!) Conciseness goes a long way to make sure you get listened to. At best, the length of your rants hides your lack of questioning over the last few days.
You've done a bunch of reasoning, nice. But are you certain that's all there is? This is day 1, and nothing is for sure. If you want people to be more active, then do what you preach and do something. Also, you shouldn't judge people by whatever link you see between them. Save that for if one of them flips scum.
I feel hurt because I read walls of text like they're nothing :<

*Tiruin is nobody.

{He's pertaining to those who usually have lesser time on hand and want to get down to gritty details, and/or need a concise summary of details to note.

...I mean gods did I use a ton of WoT's when I first started. Back in BM..Oh about ~BM 28? or so ago.}

« Last Edit: Today at 09:51:52 pm by Tiruin »
I'm not playing by the way, if any of you have ideas :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:52:00 pm by Tiruin »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:21 pm »

I agree with Squill with the hling part, I was really confused why there was massives spaces... until, yknow I started Highlighting.

@Darvi, You would be my current top town tell, because with that one post, it's gone through more than anyone else, except for maybe Imp. And frankly, I like your logic. Of course, I do think that you could be a wolf in sheeps clothing, and looking at that veteraness in those posts, I can see how easily you could probably pretend to be town. And how well you would do it.

Also, my basis for MrZero's FOS came several pages back. I'm not sure I remember exactly why. However, they were calling me out on "Not helping town". I did what I normally do in other games to scum hunt. Ask people to list top FoSes and Town Tells, I then continued to list my own.

Directly afterwards, I got blown off by MrZero. It seems that he doesn't want anyone to know who he suspects, or who he thinks is town. I think the two people he has mentioned is Imp (Town), Me (Scum).

However, after that post, I kinda felt a *ding* in my head, and I felt like pieces fit together. MrZero and Imp have highly different posting styles, and frankly, I would believe, personalities. However, they have managed to support each other on every point either of them have made, and not go against each other at all.

Darvi, I do believe I mentioned his inconsistency.

Right now, I believe that Scum is 2 out of MrZero, Imp, and kleril.

So, that means, I believe all the others are town. Even though Luke's posts are pure retard, I think that it is because he doesn't know how to play, or explain themselves. Mafia would go crazy after being called out like that, and well... He's kind of basically gone inactive. Either he is lurking, which wouldn't be too surprising, or just.. gone. (we probably won't miss you ;P, but if you are still here, please post. At least say hi.)

Squill... Just isn't scummy. I don't think he(she?) is important, but he/she is not scummy.

Could everyone list their genders please, This guessing game is too hard.

As for Deathsword. If he's trying to avoid attention, he's doing a great job. I'm kind of curious as to why He wasn't here, until I posted in regards to him, and suddenly he's here.

DS:Have you been lurking Deathsword? Have you been viewing this thread, and just not posting? If so, why aren't you posting?

ehhh... Rolepgeek... Has flown under my radar the whole time. Therefore, Rolepgeek, would you please list who you think is scummy? (2 min) and who you think is most town like (2 min).

Also, Darvi, do you = Wymar?

(Sorry for wall of text as well)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

Damn you Tiruin!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2013, 12:04:33 am »

Day 1 ends Monday, October 7th at 9 PM.

Votecount
Imp - Rolepgeek, Darvi
Squill - Lukeinator
lukeinator - Squill, Deathsword, Kleril
Rolepgeek -
kleril - Imp
superblackcat - Mr.Zero
Mr.Zero - superblackcat
Deathsword -
Darvi -

No lynch -
Not voting -

2 votes to extend. 4 needed to extend
0 votes to shorten 5 needed to shorten

I feel hurt because I read walls of text like they're nothing :<
You write walls of text like they're nothing :I

Lukeinator has been prodded.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2013, 07:12:06 am »

@Squill, Do you think Imp is town? What about me? What about MrZero? What about kleril? What about Luke? What about Rolepgeek? First Impressions on Darvi?
Imp: I'm still undecided. His playstyle could really be either in my view.
SBC: I think that you are up there in terms of scum, although that may be because you just play radically different to me.
MrZero: Probably town in my view. He hasn't been lurking, but he doesn't seem to be trying to avoid notice by putting out sheer volume of text that people want to read.
kleril: I like Imp's reasoning against him, but I'm going to need a bit more to go off of before I'm convinced.
Lukeinator: I don't even really care if he's scum, but he's either a bad scum or a VERY bad town. I'm more worried that if he's town, he's going to inadvertently help scum with OMGUS/bandwagon voting.
Rolepgeek: I'm kinda suspicious, just because he hasn't been posting too much. He hasn't posted anything that set off alarm bells inside my head, but that may be a problem in and of itself.
Darvi: A bit of a wild card. While he seems helpful so far, I keep on reminding myself that he's much more experienced than me

Squill... Just isn't scummy. I don't think he(she?) is important, but he/she is not scummy.
It's a he.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44