Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134932 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »

Alright, well, as a stopgap measure I'm gonna try to answer questions at the least on my IPad.

So first off, Griffinpup, Lukeinator, and I think some others haven't answered my questions. Boy acted just like how griffinpup is currently acting last game, so from what I know, I'm forced to have suspicions. Squill avoided the question without really answering it.

As for top townies(since I may as well answer his question while I'm at it), I don't really have one. Superblackcat is being overly defensive and avoiding answering questions, Mr. Zero isn't really doing much to hunt, getting hung up on semantics and people not answering little questions.

@kleril, since your post is right above mine, I don't think I really need to quote. Plus, it's overly difficult on a touch screen. I hate touch screens. Anyway. Best way to contribute as town is probably to pressure a few people for a long time, if you can, and switch if necessary if people become suspicious. Just put as much pressure as you can on as many people as you can (and feel you need to; if only two guys are even vaguely scummy, no real need to pressure every single person, after all(but still pressure a few others)), and wait for someone to break. Of course, most people don't have hours to spend as is requires, so they pressure a couple of people decently well and the slack is made up for by everyone contributing.

As a note, I tend to ignore questions directed to everyone, not on purpose, but because when I skim looking for my name, that doesn't have it. But I'll try from now on. So far, in this current game, I've been liking the sheer amount of activity from Imp and Mr. Zero and kleril and so on. Mostly because it's amusing to see how all of you get hung up on semantic things. Different playstyles, perhaps.

Imp, you still keep taking stuff out of context. Stop it. He was on a phone, which is harder than an I-pad, and it's difficult on this(which is why I prefer by far to use my comp), so you need to get over it. He's not trying to manipulate us with the IC voice, and I think we can agree that being hypocritical on purpose with his IC voice would count as abusing it. So, I think that unless you're trying to say that he is, in fact, abusing it, that he's not trying t manipulate us. Only the latent lurking is preventing him from being my top town idea-thing.

Fake edit: damnit, now kleril isn't right above me.
Where've you run off to? Your activity has been pretty low the past little while.

@Rolepgeek:
Same goes for you, bud.
Question: What do you think the best way to contribute as town is?

@All: What have you enjoyed most, so far, of this current game?
Here's what I'm referring to.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2013, 12:32:34 am »

Day 1 will end Thursday, October 4th at 9 PM.

Votecount
Imp - Rolepgeek
Squill -
lukeinator - Imp, Squill
Rolepgeek -
kleril - Deathsword
superblackcat - Mr.Zero
Mr.Zero -
Deathsword -
griffinpup -

No lynch -
Not voting - lukeinator, superblackcat, griffinpup

2 votes to extend. 4 needed to extend
0 votes to shorten 5 needed to shorten
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile

Imp this one:

So, please answer the question, What do you think we should do today?

I'm pretty sure there was more context around it, It was on page 7.

MrZero, I don't like playing with meta.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh crap, Also, I was not able to read through most of the posts.

However, I saw that people were asking me as to why I want them to list their Top FOSes, and TOWN tells, Frankly, I find that the best way to hunt scum, especially once people are listed out, and someone dies, you can go back, and see clearly what their opinion on stuff where. And make whatever conclusions necessary.

Also, it brings back bits of details that you may have missed, and someone else caught, and included in their FOSes. I don't see any negative things about it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Rolepgeek:

I had stopped it, as of post #69.  You reopened it with post #102 and included it as one of two reasons why I earned your vote.

When I challenge someone's behavior, I want to see their response.  You say 'stop it' when I respond to you.

Rephrasing to simplify my still unanswered question to you:

You wrote, directed at me, "Yeah, you're asking questions, and yeah, they're related to the game, but they don't actually help anyone."

Do you perceive all of my questions to be of the active-lurking sort?

@Kleril:

I screwed up and thought the vote Deathsword had placed was in fact a vote against him

Wow Kleril, voting and/or votecount format confused you too, and you just now see how it works?  I think I had the exact same confusion!  I asked about it here and was answered here.  What did you think when you read the answer?

But if you only now understand how votecount works - but not before today - then every time you saw a votecount before today you read it backwards, right?

Votecount
Imp - kleril
kleril - Deathsword
Deathsword - Imp

You must have been very disturbed when you saw this one then, the very next votecount to be posted after I had voted Deathsword, he voted you, and you voted me.  If you read the votecount as being reported backwards, that makes it all look really, really wrong!  It looks like you are voting for Deathsword, he is voting for me, and I am voting for you.

Weren't you upset when you believed that the mod just summarily added you to the bandwagon that you had challenged me about joining, and made it look like I wasn't on that bandwagon at all?  Did you feel any guilt or shame or anything that Deathsword's vote against you had somehow turned into your vote against him?  Any anger or confusion that your vote against me had turned into my vote against you?  Why didn't you say anything - everyone's votes must have looked totally messed up to you!  You weren't even surprised that nobody else seemed to notice or care?

I don't believe anyone town will be trying to vote you off from this point forward, and this may be our downfall.

That sounds bad.  Do you really think that in the future only Scum will vote for me?  Should we use that as a way to find them?  Do you mean that you think the person still voting for me is Scum?  I feel like you're protecting me as best you can.  Why do you think I should be protected - and who do you think your words are protecting me from?

@Superblackcat:

Imp this one:

So, please answer the question, What do you think we should do today?

Gotcha!  Talk to each other, especially the people who have not been as active in the thread.  Griffinpup's replacement, if we get one, gotta check him or her out and see what he or she thinks about all this stuff.  Attempt to scum hunt.  When challenged about something, share our thinking so if we are not Scummy, the others who are concerned have a chance to better determine if what bothered them was Scummy or not.  Before the end of day, I still believe we should be trying to lynch the Scum, if we can as most of a group agree on anyone to lynch that is.  But I am still open to changing my mind, if you or anyone can convince me what productive thing to DO while not lynching that's going to lead to a Town win.

What I think you in particular should do for the rest of the day is make it really clear how your method of scum hunting is done.  You gave us a very clear partial plan - vote no lynch today and tomorrow.  But that doesn't feel at all like a complete plan to me, at least not one that leads to a Town victory.  What are the missing pieces?  Or are you already showing us?  So far what I understand from what you show, you first defended yourself, then started asking everyone else who they thought were Scum and Town and asking what others thought should be done.  I still don't hear 'plan for Town win' when I read your words.  But surely you have one - you wouldn't advise sitting there like dumb ducks for two game days as a Town win method, would you?  Really?

By the way... I'll point out too that saying things like
I was not able to read through most of the posts.
may not exactly support your Towniness either.  I tentatively believe that Scum have little need to really Scumhunt (except to better appear to be Town) and that they are less motivated, not only to hunt themselves, but to really work very hard to follow others' attempts to Scumhunt - especially if those attempts are not directed towards themselves.  Would you agree?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2013, 04:16:30 am »

@zombie_urist:
About that Griffinpup - we've had to do without that player, be he Town or Scum, for almost a full week of discussion now.  I don't know what 'soon' means, but his continued absence is making my strategies and plans feel all weird.  Is there any chance you might consider a modkill, considering the sheer length of time his spot has been utterly silent?  This game really feels to me now like there's only 8 players, not 9.
Yeah he's now up for replace.

But zombie.... it's been a full real life week now.  No Griffinpup, no Griffinpup's replacement.  We can't talk to that role.  We can't hear anything from that role.  Do you believe we're going to get a replacement?  How long will you continue to wait for one?

Are we... actually.... maybe.... going to have to... go to Night One... without a participating 9th player?

Could we actually end up... having to decide at some point.... if the reason why maybe we can't find the second scum is because the second scum is completely inactive and has been from start of play?

Even if we get a replacement - even if we get a replacement right now - That player hasn't been here.  All the things that should have happened, didn't.

Is there any chance you'll consider a modkill of that absent spot?  After all this time, for me at least, it feels like there never was a 9th player in this game.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

(Just like to remind everyone [especially Urist] that I'm on the replacement list if you're willing to replace griffinpup with a newb. And I have been following along with this.)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Lukeinator & Superblackcat

Why didn't you both vote yet?
Durrr..

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Haven't gotten to it yet.

Squill
i am mainly going you because no one else has voted for you.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2013, 03:24:28 pm »

@Luke, What do you think should be done today, What should we be doing, Who do you think is Scum?
To be honest, I think what should be done is to not lynch anybody, and see who survives the night, but I don't think I will. As for Scum Imp seems pretty suspicious, lynching people for not having a lot of time on one night.
@Lukeinator: Where's your actual evidence? He has no way to know your schedule, and even on other nights you have been fairly inactive, even more so than me. To me, that really doesn't make Imp see suspicious, but right now it looks like the only reason you think he is suspicious because he's pressuring you.

Squill
It really doesn't help your case that you just did what I called you out for.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Squill

Look at the size of that OMGUS, like holy shit. You know i might vote you for that, cause a townie can't be that stupid.
Durrr..

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2013, 04:56:29 pm »

Darvi has replaced griffinpup.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2013, 05:19:34 pm »

Hi Darvi!

Welcome in!  Glad you joined us no later than you did.

I don't have any specific questions for you yet, but you are going to start talking to us, right?  I want to hear so very much whatever you have to say - I'm all ears!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2013, 06:08:07 pm »

Dammit ZU you were offline when I sent that PM. I wanted to get some sleep first! Dammit.

Anyways. I've only read the last page so far, and skimmed everything before that. I'm gonna catch up with that tomorrow/later today, but for now this is plenty enough. I'm gonna put my IC rants in between brackets with invisible text so it doesn't detract from my actual playing. You can read it by highlighting it.

Lukey, when you vote somebody, you usually either give a good reason for voting, or attach a question to that vote. That shows that you mean business. Voting somebody because they have no previous votes is fine, but that is hardly an argument by itself and a sign of laziness. [If somebody has no votes, that might be because nobody has taken any time to probe their behaviour yet. That is a good moment to Get said person engaged in the discussion and get them out of their comfort zone. Conversely, voting for somebody who already has a vote or two is also completely acceptable in a game with no hammers, especially early on when you have nothing to go on anyway. You will most likely face accusations of bandwagoning, but unless you get defensive they mean nothing. In fact, your votee may get nervous too, and immediately attempt to shake off any suspicion from themselves. That is a good opportunity to read them, provided that you actually pressure them with solid interrogations. Just remember that there's also other people to look at. Just remember. Put the other person under pressure to see how they react, because the others are going to do the same to you.]
Currently, you're only giving off a signal that you're either only trying to look active, without actually contributing anything of value, or you're just voting so you can see somebody, who's not you, hang. Both of which are scumtells, as the mafia doesn't want to actually scumhunt, but has to for their own survival.
TL;DR you're barely activelurking scum who should hang unless you can convince me that you're not.

Also, Zero, while that may or may not be an OMGUS, that's less telling than his non-comittal attitude and non-chalant vote. How a player behaves and acts is just as important, if not more, than what they're actually doing. [Related: Voting somebody who has their vote on you is not inherently scummy. Do not be afraid to vote somebody just because you fear the accusation of OMGUSing. Just make sure that you have an actual reason for your vote. The same goes for retracting your vote fromt said person. When people start saying that you're scared of OMGUS claims, despite you having given a perfectly fine reason, they might just be hunting for easy targets. That being said, it's not always the case, and they might just want to test the authenticity of your behaviour.]
Note how he hasn't done much of note in the entire game, whereas almost everybody else has at least a decent amount of posts of varying quality going for them. (SBC and Imp might be overdoing it with their post sizes, though, imo. I've personally never been one for dedication, but then again, I'm the scum of the Earth.)

kleril, what did you do to get removed from the votecount and why aren't you, you know, not on the part of the votecount that isn't saying "not voting"? When you unvote somebody, it means that you have lost at least enough suspicion against them to not warrant a vote. It does not mean that you have no suspicions at all. If you do, it's your job to change that by, you know, scumhunting. Your vote is your most powerful tool in doing so and you should use it liberally.

SBC, ditto. You actually listed a bunch of people whom you claim suspicions against. Why are you not voting for them?

Imp, are you scared of my biting snarkasm or do you just think you're no match for my wit and charm?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2013, 06:24:43 pm »

@ Imp, I said that because It means that I skipped over most of the questions asked.

And sorry, I will have to skip over them again, I have a lesson in 10 minutes.

@Darvi, Because I'm trying to put pressure on them, and I don't think any of them warrants a vote yet, however, I think we should keep an eye on them.

I'm pretty sure half the people in the game fell out in activity...

@Mods, can we get a post count and last post for everyone in the game? Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44