Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134711 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 4 - Open the cargo bay door
« Reply #570 on: November 23, 2013, 11:19:25 pm »

I think Tiruin is Scum.  I think everything Tiruin is and has been saying this game is Scum [...]teaching
Also hell no. In general, I try to be the least manipulative I can be if scum, and if town, to be transparent as possible unless the situation needs a bit of shadow, and even then I explain myself.

I really suck as an IC, huh. Can't anyone get the damn guts to say it to my face so that at least my traumatically-cynical-and-skeptic self would stop wishing a horrible death on you all and utter distrust of your names? Please?

*looks over*  I don't say you suck as an IC.  I find your [IC] here flawless.  My problem with you here is you as a player - how you have played.  And I do have the guts to say that to your face.  I also have the guts to say to your face that I think you are a perfectly fine IC, and I don't know why Squill has called you a poor one.  *returns to waiting for Squill to return to make Squill's next move, if Squill hasn't already made it*
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 23, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »

My problem with you here is you as a player - how you have played.

And in case that isn't clear enough, I mean by that - 'Your Scum is showing.'

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 23, 2013, 11:50:08 pm »

I think Tiruin is Scum.  I think everything Tiruin is and has been saying this game is Scum [...]teaching
Also hell no. In general, I try to be the least manipulative I can be if scum, and if town, to be transparent as possible unless the situation needs a bit of shadow, and even then I explain myself.

I really suck as an IC, huh. Can't anyone get the damn guts to say it to my face so that at least my traumatically-cynical-and-skeptic self would stop wishing a horrible death on you all and utter distrust of your names? Please?

*looks over*  I don't say you suck as an IC.  I find your [IC] here flawless.  My problem with you here is you as a player - how you have played.  And I do have the guts to say that to your face.  I also have the guts to say to your face that I think you are a perfectly fine IC, and I don't know why Squill has called you a poor one.  *returns to waiting for Squill to return to make Squill's next move, if Squill hasn't already made it*
Ahh..now that's reasonable. Yeah. >_>

*Stares at Squill for the three-player chess game move*
My problem with you here is you as a player - how you have played.

And in case that isn't clear enough, I mean by that - 'Your Scum is showing.'
...I have no idea why I'm thinking 'Freudian slip' on this.
Erh, don't think much on the thing about me poking about that thing up there..in the quote..I found out that I'm vulnerable to extreme personalism at times :s

Squill:
I...take note that you're also missing stuff directed at you.
Squill: I await your answers to my queries. I will also indulge in the thinking game.

Say, if I'm voting Imp and Imp is voting me, what would be your response to this situation?
Squill:
Is that first question rhetorical? In case it isn't, I think that it is much easier to influence the game if people jump on your bandwagon for no good reason.
It is only rhetorical if it concludes, in that matter.
So how are people jumping on a bandwagon an influence to the game? Does it not matter their intent or how/why they do so? Why do you use the 'bandwagon' as a term there? You do know that it has a negative meaning when used in Mafia, yes?
People jumping on a bandwagon influences the game by blindly following people, leading to the lynch of people without proper investigation.

*Tiruin steeples her hands and rests her chin on the area between the index and thumb fingers.
What me and Imp agree on, is that it's your move here Squill. No pressure. It's just the fate of the entire game at stake.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #573 on: November 25, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »

Day ends Tuesday November 26th 9 PM PST.

Imp - Tiruin, squill
squill -
Tiruin - Imp

Not voting -

0 to extend, 2 needed
0 to shorten, 2 needed

Consider this a prod for everyone.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 25, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »

I respond to the prod.

My current action is waiting for Squill's next words.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »

I respond to the prod.

Sorry, as I said earlier, my schedule is kinda sketchy due to holiday and cake related shenanigans.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »

Forgot to say, will post later tonight.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 25, 2013, 05:32:28 pm »

Same action here.

*checks time*

It's the 26th, ~7am at the time of this post. C'mon Squill~

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 25, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »

2:35 PM time for me, on Monday the 25th.  About 30 hours to end of day.

No idea if one's needed or not (Squill's post will have such answers, be they questions, a statement he is done, or whatever else he posts), but I'll offer an extend in case such is needed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 25, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »

I'm ready to echo that (if he doesn't post in ~12 hours from now or ~24 hours from now. I would be active during that time).

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 25, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

How do you guys want to deal with the holidays?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2013, 06:14:02 pm »

I suspect it is possible that this game is going to go until two of the three players are ready to say 'we are done'.  I believe this is going to happen regardless of the holidays (I myself will be mostly unable to check in from late Wednesday night to some time Friday, I'll be traveling/without computer access for much of the time, and with family and without significant computer access for the rest).

Squill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »

Squill:
Is that first question rhetorical? In case it isn't, I think that it is much easier to influence the game if people jump on your bandwagon for no good reason.
It is only rhetorical if it concludes, in that matter.
So how are people jumping on a bandwagon an influence to the game? Does it not matter their intent or how/why they do so? Why do you use the 'bandwagon' as a term there? You do know that it has a negative meaning when used in Mafia, yes?
People jumping on a bandwagon influences the game by blindly following people, leading to the lynch of people without proper investigation.
Their intent is indeed important, but I believe that intent is separate from influence. I think that a lazy scum and a lazy town will both gladly jump on any mildly convincing bandwagon, leading to the same results. If someone yells "Attack!" loud enough, then someone who doesn't feel like forming their own opinion will obey. I use the term bandwagon because that's what it is; someone says something and other people follow.

I suspect it is possible that this game is going to go until two of the three players are ready to say 'we are done'.  I believe this is going to happen regardless of the holidays (I myself will be mostly unable to check in from late Wednesday night to some time Friday, I'll be traveling/without computer access for much of the time, and with family and without significant computer access for the rest).

Indeed. I'm unlikely to be free too much for the a week or so, and Imp has clearly stated that she is not changing her vote.
I think it's either end here, or extend for another week. I think it's up to you whether to extend or not, Tiruin.

Tiruin's willing to lynch you.  I'd need to dance, maybe.  I could pick on your not very good Towniness.  Then Tiruin and I 'shake hands' and lynch the 'most probable Scum', that being you, and I win.
@Imp: I just noticed looked over this, and I must say that Tiruin being willing to lynch me is not a bad thing. I think that in this game, you can't be unwilling to lynch anyone. Also, teaming up with Tiruin to turn on me would be a very scum move; just forgetting your case on Tiruin to lynch me would be a clear attempt not to lynch a scum, but to get the only lynch you could. That looks to me like saying, "Well, I didn't do this thing, so I can't be scum!"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:24 pm »

*reads Squill's words, then again, then again.  Then looks at Tiruin*

Alright.  It sounds as if Squill has 'passed the power' in a sense to you, Tiruin.

He asks no questions of me, none of you, except to state that it's your decision to end here or not.

It is possible stop at this point and for anyone not-me and not-Scum to dream of a Scum win - there isn't a tie.

Tiruin, are you comfortable stopping at this point?  Is it time to end this game?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:14 pm »

*heavy sigh*  EBWOP.

"It is possible stop at this point and for anyone not-me and not-Scum to dream of a Scum win - there isn't a tie."

Corrected to:

"It is possible stop at this point and for anyone not-me and not-Scum to dream of a Town win - there isn't a tie."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44