Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 134704 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:54 am »

Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia
Day 1 has begun!

Cargo bay 12 is the largest port on Tau Callista, with millions of packages passing through the gates daily. The entire warehouse was overseen by an advanced intelligence program, the Zealous Overseeing Master Bot, ZOM-B.

Of course not all the shipments passing through the bay are of pure intention. Only twenty days ago, a large parcel of space dust worth $3B credits was intercepted before shipment to Zaftig-3. A month earlier, inspection robots discovered a grey gun cleverly hidden in a bundle of onions.

Despite the continued efforts of law enforcement, organized crime is still rampant in the outer edge of the system. The mafia are constantly trying to devise ways to sneak things through the watchful eyes of the robots. Their latest attempt is a sneaky malware.

ZOM-B identified the contamination in packing room 53 and shut it off from the rest of the bay. Unfortunately ZOM-B is not yet sophisticated enough to determine exactly which two of the nine are infected. If the number of robots infected by the malware reaches 50%, they will be able to overpower ZOM-B's locks.

Will packing room 53 be lost?

Day 1 will end Friday, September 27th at 9 PM.

Votecount
imp -
squill -
lukeinator -
rolepgeek -
kleril -
superblackcat -
Mr.Zero -
Deathsword -
griffinpup -

0 votes to extend
0 votes to shorten
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:24:50 am by zombie urist »
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 03:03:27 am »

@Squill: Who were you in your previous BM and what did you do wrong?

@Rolepgeek: If you would be a mafia member, would you try to NK one or more IC's regarding their higher experience?

@Imp: Would you bus if you both of you were in danger?
Durrr..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 06:08:43 am »

Answering Mr.Zero:

*first researches what bus means in this game*

I'd do whatever seemed effective to achieve my goals in the game.  Situations are complex in every case, and your very short and grammatically creative question, combined with my inexperience in this game, doesn't allow enough details for me to even imagine vaguely what might be going on in play at the time, so I really cannot answer more specifically.

@Mr.Zero:  There's 8(9?) people playing beside yourself, but you picked three, and only three, to initially ask questions of.  Why did you pick the ones you did, and why didn't you pick the others?

@Superblackcat:  Yours is a really new account!  Welcome to the forums.  6 of your 7 posts have been on the Mafia subforum - what attracts you to Mafia that the other parts of the forum and its various and varied games doesn't seem to offer?

@Kleril:  What drew your eye, at last, to the Mafia subforums?  Are you familiar with Mafia from another place?

@Rolepgeek:  Wow you are an active forum gamer!  What made you decide to branch into Mafia now?

@Lukeinator:  How did you learn about the DF forums?

@Squill:  What do you like the most, and the least, about Mafia so far?'

@notquitethere:  Scum IC...  Does that mean you don't really play, but are very much involved in the game and reading everything, and actively advising whomever the scum are - but won't be interacting with the non-scum?  If so or if not, how exactly are you 'IC', especially as you appear not to get a vote but you are listed as a player?

@Deathsword:  One of the newbies makes a serious error on day one - an error so obvious (to experienced players) that the newbie's role is clearly exposed, but it is reasonable to think that the other new players may not recognize it.  How do you respond and why?

@griffinpup:  Why were you 'no sure If me allowed in :/' when you joined this game?  Do you think your being here as an IC is a good thing for the new players in this game?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:03 am »

Welp... I've done mafia in other forums, so it was easy to jump into... I'm planning on doing some RTD and other games on the forums.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 09:14:14 am »

{Welcome to mafia, I am an IC, which means that I am here to help you, but also to play as a regular player. You may notice I am surrounding my text in { }. That is my IC voice. I will never lie or mislead you while speaking like this, even if it costs me the game. However, there is no guarantee of honesty for anything not typed in this manner. Remember that the point of a BM is to allow you to have fun and learn at the same time, so be bold, for you have nothing to lose.}

{As Imp noticed, there is a Scum IC. The purpose of the Scum IC is to guide and provide advice to scum in the safety of the scumchat. Scum ICs tipically do not post in the thread, as that is the role of the regular IC and giving scum advice where everyone can see has certain obvious flaws.}

{We are in RVS (Random Vote Stage) right now. It serves to get the discussion going, but try to keep the questions mafia-related. Asking someone about their favourite ice-cream flavour may reveal deep insigths on that person's preferences for icy treats, but will do little when it comes figuring out if they are scum. Also, this is Random VOTE Stage, so throw some pressure votes around. That said, you do not have to question everyone (but you do need to question someone)}

Imp: {Quote what you are answering. It takes little effort and helps a lot. People are not likely to search for whatever you are answering to.}

As for your question, I do not believe that there is any such thing as a confirmed player (role-wise). That said, if a person has done nothing scummy, then there is little reason to attack them. Of course, if they had been dropping tells and I was sure they were scum, they'd obviously be the focus of my efforts.

Griff: Why didn't you in as an IC?

NQT: If you are not there then w- Wait you are not a player, nevermind.

Rolepgeek: You played in the last BM, if I recall correctly. What do you think you learned there?

Kleril: Are you town?

Squill: Would you rather be able to kill or protect?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 03:32:41 pm »

Mr. Zero: I was a townie in the last BM, it was my first game and I joined near the very end; as such, I did not know what to do.

Deathsword: Typically I'd rather kill, but I'm so new to forum Mafia that I'm not entirely sure which role I'd rather have.

Imp: The most has been just the idea of the game, the least was when I jumped in at the end of the game and thought I'd know what to do.

I'll make sure to do some questions at some point, but for now I'm just answering questions while I'm at my computer.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »

Imp: "What drew your eye, at last, to the Mafia subforums?  Are you familiar with Mafia from another place?"

Realizing the forums extended past the 'Dwarf Fortress' section was a good start. :P
Mafia is something I've played IRL for years, and absolutely love it when I can gather a crowd large enough for a proper game.

Deathsword: "Are you town?"

Yep.

@Mr.Zero: Those are some very... suggestively... phrased questions. Why are you trying to imply blame so early in the game?
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 05:51:54 pm »

{Please, I cannot stress this enough: QUOTE. Press the quote button on the post you are answering to, delete the parts that are irrelevant to the answer. If you are answering more than one question, there is an insert quote button in the Post Reply screen that can add those posts to yours.}
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 06:04:10 pm »

{Try to bold names of people you talk to, guys. It helps. :P}

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »

As it's a Day Start..... We get 1 RL (Random Lynch) This means there is no penalty, as in losing the game, for the townies, if you lynch today, no matter what happens.

So If we mislynch today, we will still get a day tomorrow, that is lylo. If we don't lynch to day (assuming no protect)/Jailkeep, We will get a Mylo Tomorrow, with 6/2

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 06:18:45 pm »

@Lukeinator:  How did you learn about the DF forums?
I was looking at the wiki, and I came across al link for megaproject.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 06:36:39 pm »

Superblackcat: Who are you talking to?

Lukeinator and Superblackcat: Why are you not asking any questions, despite having posted already?

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »

@Rolepgeek: What was your first game of mafia?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 12:14:53 am »

...there is no penalty, as in losing the game, for the townies, if you lynch today, no matter what happens.

Interesting choice of pronoun there, bud. There something we should know?
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:03 am »

Imp: {Quote what you are answering. It takes little effort and helps a lot. People are not likely to search for whatever you are answering to.}

As for your question, I do not believe that there is any such thing as a confirmed player (role-wise). That said, if a person has done nothing scummy, then there is little reason to attack them. Of course, if they had been dropping tells and I was sure they were scum, they'd obviously be the focus of my efforts.

Just three posts later-
{Please, I cannot stress this enough: QUOTE. Press the quote button on the post you are answering to, delete the parts that are irrelevant to the answer. If you are answering more than one question, there is an insert quote button in the Post Reply screen that can add those posts to yours.}

Deathsword: I hear your IC advice, and appreciate it.  I hear, and hear strongly, how important this quoting is, and can see why, after just a handful of posts, it does indeed get hard to track back to who is answering what where and why.

Please explain why you answered my question without quoting me, disregarding your own advice.  Immediately before answering me you spoke of the need to quote who you answer, yet as a player yourself you immediately did not.  Gamewise, this quoting is so important that you felt the need to repost additional IC advice just three posts later.  Yet the two people who answered between your posts, all they did was do exactly what you had done instead of what you ICly said to do.  Do you see some value as a player in the confusion that not quoting when answering someone causes, which as an IC you must speak against?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44