Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: splintermind-attributes pre-embark not working properly?  (Read 1916 times)

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
splintermind-attributes pre-embark not working properly?
« on: August 30, 2013, 12:26:49 pm »

I was used to using splintermind-attributes (aka dwartherapist++) as a way of deciding which dwarf becomes my miner, broker etc.

However, the newest version, and the versions I tried in the hg repo, don't seem to use the dwarf attributes in the roles screen, at least not pre-embark. For example, the mining role is identical for all dwarves, and the differences between dwarves seem to be based purely on prefered materials. e.g. one dwarf is a very good armorsmith because he likes greaves, but sucks as a weaponsmith, even though those are based on the same traits.

I am using the github version of splintermind on a linux machine with dwarf fortress + phoebus just downloaded from the site.

Any ideas on whether this can be fixed?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: splintermind-attributes pre-embark not working properly?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »

You'd have to ask on the thread for it though.

Have you checked another pre-embark dwarf set?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »

Try closing DT and re-opening it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »

Try closing DT and re-opening it.

I've noticed that sometimes after a while, DT will glitch out a bit where it doesn't sort things correctly. A restart fixes this, maybe that's what happened?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 05:39:54 pm »

I find it happens after I close and restart DF. DT doesn't seem to find the new DF properly.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:17:22 am »

Unfortunately, restarting therapist or DF does not work.

Anyway, I put the post in what seems to be the appropriate thread at:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg4560041#new