Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Things you wish existed  (Read 6671 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish existed
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »

I know I said something before, but
*whispers*

..furries
www.deviantart.com
Like... basically infinity furries on there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »

Perhaps not something that doesn't exist, but I have long fantasized about placing a giant Lenin statue, towering tens and tens if not a couple hundred feet over the surrounding houses, in an otherwise unexceptional American suburban yard, and waking the neighborhood up to Song of the Volga Boatmen played at 8:00 every morning on the dot.

Or maybe I just want a giant bronze Lenin statue.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 04:40:41 am »

A world where people don't think sex is such a big deal.

Don't get me wrong it's pretty great and all, but is it really so much better than even other human bodily functions? Eating, stretching muscles, and sleeping are all also pretty fucking great. And all are definitely on a comparable level to sexytimesthings, since the first and third take priority a decent amount of the time, and the second is a similarly physically gratifying feeling. And the social bonding aspect is only significant compared to other social activities because of the importance placed upon sex by society.
And the importance society places on sex is self-reinforcing. It is propegated because it already exists strongly, so people conform to it and in doing so make it continue to exist. It's not like it's even critical for most people to have sex for reprofuction,
If people didn't think sex was such a big deal, things would be in general better. Sex crimes would decrease since it would not be so strongly associated with power; and correspondingly, victims of sex crimes would not be as affected by it because there's less connotations of shame/guilt about it, as well as the aforementioned diminished power aspect.
Overall I can't think of a reason it would not be an improvement.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2013, 12:26:03 pm »

Ya, but then you'd be conforming to a society that places no value on sex.

And if you didn't conform to that you'd be a hipster.

And you know what else? I hate hipsters!

In all seriousness though, I agree, a society that isn't as sex focused would be nice!

Anyways, I wish the device from inception was available for private use.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

A jacket that also serves as a charging station. There are a few different kinds of connectors in one pocket that go to a number of small batteries elsewhere in the jacket, with whatever regulators and stuff need to be in between. If a device starts running out of juice, just leave it in plugged into your pocket for a while and all is good. And of course, you can take the electronic bits out if you need to wash it.

Obviously not for charging laptops or powering microwaves, but good enough for MP3 players.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2013, 03:47:02 pm »

Cheap, functional and awesome jetpacks.

That's it pretty much, all I've ever wanted from life.

Oh and possibly some sort of neat orbital reentry suit for those really really high parachute jumps :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 03:49:53 pm »

Optic bionics that can match or improve upon normal vision.
No more short sightedness, visual degeneration, or regular eye damage causing loss of ability to see shit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:52:02 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »

Optic bionics that can match or improve upon normal vision.
No more short sightedness, visual degeneration, or regular eye damage causing loss of ability to see shit.

Hey, combine that with my wish

A piece of headgear that circumvents your eyes and sends vision from cameras in place over your eyes directly to your visual cortex. Now pair this with a pair of full-spectrum cameras :P . Or, to be a bit more tame, you could replace FLIRs with this and an IR flashlight. Also: see UV light without the relatively complicated process of removing your eye lenses. (There would likely be special "blink" functionality if it turns out the human brain doesn't like it when blinking doesn't appear to be working anymore.)

and we have the most awesome replacement-eyes ever!
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 04:08:47 pm »

It would probably be best if you could scale the spectrum range of the cameras, so that you could actually tell the difference between the colours of visible light.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2013, 05:43:29 pm »

Don't get me wrong it's pretty great and all, but is it really so much better than even other human bodily functions? Eating, stretching muscles, and sleeping are all also pretty fucking great. And all are definitely on a comparable level to sexytimesthings, since the first and third take priority a decent amount of the time, and the second is a similarly physically gratifying feeling. And the social bonding aspect is only significant compared to other social activities because of the importance placed upon sex by society.
And the importance society places on sex is self-reinforcing. It is propegated because it already exists strongly, so people conform to it and in doing so make it continue to exist. It's not like it's even critical for most people to have sex for reprofuction,
If people didn't think sex was such a big deal, things would be in general better. Sex crimes would decrease since it would not be so strongly associated with power; and correspondingly, victims of sex crimes would not be as affected by it because there's less connotations of shame/guilt about it, as well as the aforementioned diminished power aspect.
This would be a good thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »

But... How could we possibly advertise dish soap without sexually explicit modeling!?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »

But... How could we possibly advertise dish soap without sexually explicit modeling!?
With this lil guy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »

Are you implying Mr Clean is a model?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2013, 06:10:57 pm »

HE IS A HARDWORKING MIDDLE-AGED GENTLEMAN, THANK YOU!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »

The commonly perceived rules of reality and many other reality-based reulesets to be so relaxed, you'd think God himself was high 24/7 and completely chill with everything that happens.

End result I would assume is that all imagination runs amok, and splits reality into many sub-realities that can be accessed seamlessly as if part of the same universe. Simply put, what if every sci-fi, fantasy, and etc. happened within the same universe; all manners of creatures, horrifying and not existed, with and without sentience to variant degrees (like all other life in the world/universe).

Creatures can exist in such scales, they should collapse under their own weight, but don't, all myths are true, fairy tales are based on stuff that happened all over time/space, and so on.

All that considered, I wish we were advanced enough, or at least popular enough of a little speck of a world, to be caught in the middle of it, and our governments and such weren't such dicks about hiding it all all the time. Imagine interacting with a world, or more like universe, so massive, so immersive, that everyday things, statistics and otherwise, on our own world are no longer as significant as it used to feel?

In  a sense, I wish the great collective imagination of everyone and everything was in itself, it's own universe/multiverse we could directly live in alongside our own. It'll be terrifying, yes, but it would also be all kinds of awesome.

EDIT:
Maybe I'm just the adventurer type, or got that mindset (or maybe October and general horror just doesn't scare me anymore); but c'mon, wouldn't a universe where creatures like these are somewhat commonplace just rock? Who cares about some of our political problems when you have creatures the size of cities feasting on our populous, or wrecking things for the hell of it? Not to mention, imagine the pair on the kinds of people that would actually take on the challenge of taking one down; or being a paid adventurer to do the job?

http://archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/5480262/ (Caution, NSFW material within)

EDIT EDIT:
Also, considering the sentience thing earlier, what if some of these 'gods and demons' were just as sentient and intelligent as anyone else, and we can communicate with them on par with everyone else? Imagine the stories a galaxy-sized creature could tell? In a sense, more-or-less, I wish angels walked amongst us in their true forms (not the humanoids we know about when the Bible is mentioned, but more their Old Testament, building-sized monstrosities that are a trip and a half to look at).

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:54:03 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6