Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Tropico 5, coming May 23rd  (Read 14122 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tropico 5, coming May 23rd
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:23 pm »

Honestly it depends on you, it's not amazing but it's an improvement on earlier iterations.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 08:10:30 pm »

The economy is a bit more difficult in this one. Or I'm just not that good yet.

And then the US invaded. o.o

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »

In sandbox mode, I lost an election even when I rigged the election.
I only needed ten votes or so.. Perhaps I should have let women vote..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:25:37 pm by Ultimuh »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2014, 10:59:14 pm »

I do agree...I noticed this one seems considerably more balanced than 4 in terms of difficulty

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:30 pm »

Very excited for Tropico 5. First Tropico game I'll get the girlfriend to play that isn't Tropico 2, too.

On a side note, they should remake that. Spin it off as its own side-series and keep the main series for El Presidente.

That would be a neat DLC, though I'm shooting myself in the foot by suggesting it as I rarely buy DLCs.

AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! Sacre blu!

EDIT: I will be able to give Tropico 4 Steam Edition as a Steam gift on May 30th. It apparently came free with Tropico 5. Anyone who wants it post in this thread or PM (first post gets it unless someone who has done me a solid in the past posts or PMs me) and if I forget to gift it on the 30th send me an additional PM.

Yay, first to post for free stuff!  Unless you've got a preferred recipient in mind, I'd gladly take it.  I've got two LPs running: I'll see if I can incorporate your generosity somehow...  ;D

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »

Tropico 4 giveaway has been claimed, sorry to the other person who pm'd me and EJ.

I'm waiting to hear back from some friends of mine in Illyriad; if they don't want the copy it's all the first responder's; who has also been pm'd for notification by me. If I don't hear back from them onc I talk to the Illyriad people I mentioned then the second person who pm'd me will get it and then EJ is third.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2014, 01:03:10 am »

I have 2 gift versions of Tropico 4...I can give one to Ej if you want to PM me

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2014, 03:16:01 am »

I have one as well, if anyone is interested.
And of omerta too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 04:17:34 am »

Please tell me this game doesn't require Steam.
I'm fairly sure it does. What's wrong with steam?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2014, 04:20:55 am »

Thankfully, I don't think it does. And my internet sucks. Capped at 17GB on a 30 day rolling average.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:26 am »

Gotta agree that difficulty seems a bit more balanced now compared to earlier titles. Didn't stop me from making money hand over fist in my first sandbox game ever but it does seem to recquire more work. Hell, at times I was worried I might actually lose elections, something which you'd have to outright try to accomplish in 3 and 4.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2014, 06:35:29 am »

Gotta agree that difficulty seems a bit more balanced now compared to earlier titles. Didn't stop me from making money hand over fist in my first sandbox game ever but it does seem to recquire more work. Hell, at times I was worried I might actually lose elections, something which you'd have to outright try to accomplish in 3 and 4.
What goods were you producing? In colonial era the only level 2 good available is planks which sell decently.

The logging camps are annoying me though. They automatically self-destruct when no more trees are in a very tiny area around them. Previously the lumberjacks would walk a ways to get new trees. Lazy bastards.

In World War era I had 2 rum distilleries, a steel mill and a cannery and still I was only slightly in the black. I was importing super cheap iron from the axis and selling it back as steel at very high prices(which why the allies invaded). Is the maintenance cost of buildings listed anywhere?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2014, 06:41:42 am »

So sad this game requires Direct X 11. Sure, my computer is below minimum spec, but I don't care to sacrifice graphics to play what appears to be a good game.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2014, 06:58:31 am »

So is the offer for tropico 4 still around? I'd like to have it, please.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2014, 07:00:39 am »

What goods were you producing? In colonial era the only level 2 good available is planks which sell decently.
Wool, planks, and later iron (plus a lot of excess crops). Colonial Era is the hardest as far as making money is concerned, but what you can't pay for with exports you'll make up for with money earned via letters of commendation.

World Wars sees money become a lot easier since now you have access to a lot of heavy industry, like rum, steel, cloth, and the like. You might have difficulty financing the factory to begin with, but then it's just a matter of temporarily issuing bonds, which you can pay back soon after the factory becomes operational. Just continue to expand your industries in that way and by the time you enter the Cold War money should stop being a problem altogether. (Well, that's exaggerating a bit, but you should have more than enough money for near any development project you'd like by this point.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10