Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Tropico 5, coming May 23rd  (Read 14109 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Tropico 5, coming May 23rd
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:15 am »

I played one game where I banned/didn't build buildings of religion, intellects and strongly pursued self promotion. Don't think I had much opposition, the occasional group leader being unhappy but no big riots demolishing all the statues to myself I erected.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 10:20:39 am »

i play to beat my highscore.
no way to beat my highscore if everybody is pissed and just kept in line by means of an assault rifle pointed to the head.
i think the "other way to play" is an illusion. the game mecanics punish this approach.
now, this has always been the case, and it did not make tropico a bad game. still... it makes a lot of content superflous, and i think it is kind of sad.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 10:43:50 am »

Very excited for Tropico 5. First Tropico game I'll get the girlfriend to play that isn't Tropico 2, too.

On a side note, they should remake that. Spin it off as its own side-series and keep the main series for El Presidente.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 10:49:20 am »

Quill18 has released seven videos pertaining to Tropico 5, so if anyone is on the fence on preordering or buying it, I recommend to watch them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 11:07:06 am »

I already pre ordered and have been watching at least his first vid on the game.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:04 am »

Bah... the filler game steam gave, Omerta, is not so great.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 11:12:03 am »

Quill18 has released seven videos pertaining to Tropico 5, so if anyone is on the fence on preordering or buying it, I recommend to watch them.

And Total Biscuit has done a video or two on it, too.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 12:09:56 pm »

Ahh Omerta. While its combat system is surprisingly good for what it is.

Outside of that it is the epitome of a "Smoke and Mirrors" game. Where it is an extremely shallow game that tries to fool you into thinking it is much deeper then it already is, and if you find out how shallow it is it kills the enjoyment of the game DEAD!

My advice is to stay fooled.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:09 pm »

Ahh Omerta. While its combat system is surprisingly good for what it is.

Outside of that it is the epitome of a "Smoke and Mirrors" game. Where it is an extremely shallow game that tries to fool you into thinking it is much deeper then it already is, and if you find out how shallow it is it kills the enjoyment of the game DEAD!

My advice is to stay fooled.

We all know how negative you are for most games, but yeah I kind of agree with you there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »

I am liking some of the things I've seen in Quill's coverage of T5. The trade system looks pretty interesting.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 12:36:23 pm »

I pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago, and it's sitting in my Steam library waiting to download on release.

I have to say, I adored Tropico 4 and this looks a cut above. I love the idea of the 'dynasty' and handing down leadership through the different eras! It almost adds a little bit of RPG...

The ONLY thing I'm not keen on is the way all buildings are visible in the building list (although not buildable) - I kinda like surprises, so it would have been nice not to know what was going to be available in the future! It seems a little odd to be in the Victorian style era only to see a space program or modern apartment greyed out on the build list!

Still, hugely excited - and Watch Dogs next week. A great couple of weeks for gaming, especially as my exams just finished and I'm out of University until October!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »

I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago as well for me and my girlfriend...really looking forward to it ^_^

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 03:39:55 pm »

Here's me thinking that I'll get to play Tropico 5 at midnight GMT - it turns out, I have to wait until 6PM tomorrow (21 hours-ish) until I can start downloading it...

It's times like this I absolutely detest Steam. I hate to say it, but I hope it's available 'somewhere else' when I wake up so that I might play it before it unlocks on Steam!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 07:21:07 pm »

Here's me thinking that I'll get to play Tropico 5 at midnight GMT - it turns out, I have to wait until 6PM tomorrow (21 hours-ish) until I can start downloading it...

It's times like this I absolutely detest Steam. I hate to say it, but I hope it's available 'somewhere else' when I wake up so that I might play it before it unlocks on Steam!
So Valve should keep time with your local clock instead of their own? What exactly are you angry about? I can't think of a single time steam has done a midnight release in their OWN timezone, much less GMT.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »

It may well be that it's already available somewhere else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10