Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Raised  (Read 3061 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raised
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:27:49 pm »

Raised is a game about which I will say little - I hope that players will discover much of the game as it progresses, and don't wish to give away too much. When the game gets going, there will be room for a single player - this will expand as the game goes on, depending on the actions of existing players. I'll make a note in the title whenever an additional player is needed. Those who have been active in the thread by making suggestions for other players or just generally commenting will be given priority consideration, but other than that it comes primarily on a first serve basis once the announcement has been made - there will be no wait list.

For this very moment, it is assumed that anyone who posts an action will be playing - although as I mentioned, only a single player is likely to survive past the first turn or two.

Raised
Chapter 1 For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return

You are.

You are free from worry.
You are free from memory.
You are free from violence.
You are free from the world, and everything which belongs to it.

You are.

You are a single point among many.
You circle, though there are no circles.
You move, though there is no place to move from or to.
You respond, to what little there is to respond to, in your own way.
You are insubstantial, and fleeting, existing in a space for which there is no understanding.
You are a point of light, an invisible star in an infinite expanse of void, surrounded by others like yourself, swirling, floating, wandering.
But mostly...

You are.

And then suddenly, you are one more thing.
Suddenly, you are afraid.

Even in the endless void, a darkness has appeared. It yearns, it twists, and it reaches. The points scatter. A star disappears from the darkness of the void.

The fear subsides, the moment passes. Something fundamental within you has changed.

You are... different.

You are worried.
You are anxious.
You are uncertain, and do not know what about.

The darkness returns.

This time, it appears to be reaching out for you.

What do you do?

| Next =>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:43:14 am by GlyphGryph »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Raised
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

Embrace it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »

"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 03:35:53 pm »

You're all posting your individual actions at this point, so... I'm assuming +1 means you want to do the same thing yourself.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

Ignore.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »

Fill the void with light, with fire, with matter, or in other words, CREATE
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 03:49:51 pm »

You're all posting your individual actions at this point, so... I'm assuming +1 means you want to do the same thing yourself.
Somehow i managed to confuse this with a suggestion game. Either ways, yeah, do the same.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

<= Previous | Next =>

Embrace it.
Rolls a... 1
You move towards it, but the force seems to move around you and through you but leave you untouched. For whatever reason, it's not interested in you.

Ignore.
Rolls a... 4
You ignore it, and it ignores you.

Umm, run?
Rolls a... 5
You flee. You push all your might into it, and fly across the void.

The Darkness pursues. It hunts you, locking on to your energy, seeming to be drawn to your flight, bypassing countless other points of light to see out YOU, in particular. You stay ahead of it, for a while, but it's gaining on you. Your fear builds, and the Darkness seems to become even more eager to touch you, reaching out... when suddenly another point flashes past, and it's attention is draw from you.

You have successfully escaped, but the damage the fearful flight did to your essence will persist for quite a while.

Fill the void with light, with fire, with matter, or in other words, CREATE
Roll... 1
Not only do you not do any of those things, you fail to understand even the concept of doing so.

Embrace it.
Rolls a... 6
You see how it passes by the other lights as it approaches. One moves towards it, and is ignored. Another remains motionless, and is passed by. Several flee, one racing out ahead of the pack, and it is this light for which the Darkness reaches.

You act, racing along the corridors of nothingness, pushing yourself until you pull ahead of this other light, cutting it off and darting ahead of the darkness, dancing away from it. It turns, focusing on you, leaps forward, and you evade it, play with it, tease it as it thrusts and dives and pursues you among a multitude of other opportunities. You feel it's desire for you heighten, and once you are sure...

You let it catch you.

It tears you apart.

It puts you back together.

You are.
You are changing.
You are becoming more.

More than you were. A latticework of thought pushes its way through you. A primitive understanding. The most basic of concepts build upon your fundamental natures and desires, and you remember. You remember the void, not just for a moment, but for eternity. You are being shaped, given form, and suddenly you can sense - you can sense things you could not sense before. A world of touch, of sensation, of points of lights in the middle of glowing networks of energy activity, tied in the way you are becoming tied but not, so incredibly different from what you are and what you will be but in some way the same.

A world of shadows overlays these spots, and a world of substance is laid on top of that - of vague outlines and sharp contrasts, flaring into life from two points of your new structure.

You see.

Above you leans a creature, you realize suddenly it is a creature, a being, a point in a network like the one you now possess but different, and he is moving bits of his substance below his owny sensory points into the shape of an upward curve. Then a rod of substance appears, from off what you now realize is a kind of cone of sensation, and sends itself through the substance of the begin in front of you.

His network curls, and screams, shatters. His point of light pulses once, twice, as it's spiderweb fingers begin to dim and fall way. It pulls back, away from you, away from the substance, and then it begins to turn, not in the dimensions of this new strange shadow world, but in a way unfathomable, until it has turned completely away and is gone.

The substance that was once connected to the point collapses on to your own - and you realize now that your own thoughts are somehow tied to substance - and another point, another web tied to substance seems to move over and in front of you, to step forward and shift the substance atop you, but as it does so your senses fade, and you feel the grip on the substance you occupy weakening... the world of shadows falls away...

No!

Not again!

You feel... you FEEL the need to understand. You feel the... the order to remain, an order that strengthens your own desires. You hold on, you prevent yourself from lifting away from the substance, and instead you push yourself further into it, you solidify your network, you enmesh yourself with it.

Time.

Time has passed.

You do not know how much. You open your eyes. Eyes? Your sensory opportunities appeared to be tied to a substance, limiting you in some ways and providing you with more in others.

A blue expanse, punctuated with a few lines of white, fills your vision. Above you. Sky? You feel your way through the substance, realizing there is a part of it you've been tied to that contains something called... terms? As you understand it, your own structure changes, seemingly building on top of the structure that was there. You learn little, so little, so much of it is... yes, damaged. So much of the structure, the... mind?... is missing. But you learn. You compensate. You move... an arm. But not the way the substance would move it, but your own way, a different way, your network, your lattice is stronger, more solid, more tied to the substance than the ones you've seen from other points.

You pull yourself to your... feet... swaying unsteadily, with many involuntary movements - spasms, twists. The contraction of muscles, the moving of body parts, dislodges air in your chest, and you let loose an unintentional moan, which you detect with your... ears? Not quite with your ears, not alone, your sensory components, of which you've now realized there are more than two, there are smaller ones, seem tuned to detecting changes in the... air.

Your moan subsides. You have been Raised.

Errol, you have been raised. What do you do?

<= Previous | Next =>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:03:25 am by GlyphGryph »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 05:14:42 pm »

Attack Errol for stealing my position!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 05:18:00 pm »

Mock on the darkness for being too slow.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

What a mysterious game.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »

Discover meaning behind game.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

Discover meaning behind game.

You cannot do that with meaning behind game.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

Be born.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: [1] 2