Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Death Road to Canada: A better Organ Trail than Organ Trail. Duodenum Update.  (Read 26032 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Death Road to Canada: A better Organ Trail than Organ Trail. Released.
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2016, 04:17:51 pm »

There's also a Luchadore that can throw zombies as if they were furniture, but only uses guns as melee weapons.

I was actually thinking to myself when playing the sewer mission "you know, something like this would be a good finale!"  It would make more sense than the sieges too.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2016, 10:42:17 am »

Just won my first game! Apparently martial artists can't or won't use chainsaws, but we still got out okay.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2016, 06:58:53 pm »

Are there any katanas in the game?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2016, 07:55:19 pm »

Yup.  Most of them are cheap knockoffs sold by anime salesmen.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2016, 09:33:43 pm »

Most? So some aren't?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death Road to Canada: A better Organ Trail than Organ Trail. Demo out.
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2016, 10:02:45 pm »

Rise! Rise from your slumber ye mighty old thread!

So. It's been released on steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/252610/

Anyone got a hold of it yet? Any opinions?
Bought it a few days after it came out, I've enjoyed it a lot despite the sometimes frustrating random events.
Having a party member with medical skills seems like a really good idea. The various social skills can be super helpful too, especially when it comes to bandits. Or farts. :))

I haven't had much chance to play it for a while, going to get stuck back into it today, probably.
Made it almost to Canada a couple of times... once I came really close but disaster struck at the last second. Alas. Oh and one time my buddy was carrying molotovs, that didn't end well. Creating characters based off real people and then sending your friends and acquaintances on a hopeless quest through zombie-infested North America is perversely enjoyable.

Still feels like there's a lot more to discover in the game.
I was following/waiting for it for a long time before release, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :)
Even if there aren't as many dialogue options as I expected. It's my most-played game on Steam already, I'm pretty sure.

Edit: I was thinking of doing a Let's Play of the game. Would anyone be interested in that?
Also, is there any way to create a fresh save file for the game without deleting my old stuff, so that I could have just Bay12 characters for the LP? Possibly some option on Steam that I am unaware of? I'd probably be willing to delete my save for the sake of the LP (I haven't exactly unlocked much yet) if enough people were interested, but I'd rather not have to.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:15:42 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2016, 03:35:06 am »

I still find the RNG frustrating to the point of not wanting to bother. That and the finale. The ending should really be a sprint from point A to B with a shite load of zombies. The sieges still feel kind of unfair at the end game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

Funnily enough, a sprint from A to B with a shiteload of zombies is the grand finale.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2016, 07:05:51 pm »

Must have changed it since the last time I actually managed to not get F'd before Canada.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2016, 07:46:25 pm »

Maybe they did. You still have the massive siege, but after that's done your party makes a final desperate run to the Canadian border through swarms that make the final siege look pitiful in comparison.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2017, 09:48:56 pm »

Came back to this recently.

He's made some changes to the meta game. Where before you had to do stuff in game to unlock advanced versions of character traits, now you earn "Zombo Points" that you spend outside of game on leveling up perks. You tend to get a couple Zombo Points at a time as you get toward Canada, usually after surviving a siege.

The dev said one of his goals is to make people's first victory easier to attain so they can move on to the other modes. Having just lost three games with my buddy and spent another 1.5 to 2 hours on our last game getting to about 5 days before we had to call it quits.....

In some ways it is easier, especially as you level up perks. Making boring melee focused characters makes for a much, much easier game. Martial Artist in particular seems pretty self-sufficient and even broken once their strength goes up.

All in all it does seem a little easier but let me qualify it: it seems a lot easier to move through crowds and not take damage. Several times tonight I plowed through a crowd of zombies even after 10+ ?!'s. That was definitely not how previous versions rolled. Secondly, because both of us were finally rolling with strong melee characters, we fought every wave down which makes for a much, much longer but often safer game. Due to this, we learned that thirdly, off screen spawns are way less frequent when they used to be. You can effectively clear levels now of all baddies and do population control on the respawns, assuming you're willing to put in the time and know how to play well enough to keep moving and not take damage. Lastly, we both got some pretty awesome buffs during the journey that I won't spoil but that were both cool and super hella useful. Finally found our first LEGIT GOOD BUILDING too, for the first time in 16 hours of playing this game. A grocery store with 40+ food in it. It was the most food I've ever looted in one go, and we had enough to actually fucking trade for once.

The game still has its bullshit. You can get three bad events on the road that will pretty much doom you sometimes. If you were already hurting, losing your car often just means you're fucked. You get unavoidable injuries, unavoidable resource drains or you just hemorrhaging morale. Knowing what is most likely to doom you next can help you plan your priorities once you know how a few of the events can play out. Those cheeky events that screw with your attitude and morale seem fun but have honestly killed more runs than bandits, health loss or zombies.

So while the game is still fairly random, exploration, looting, combat, all that stuff feels more doable on normal mode.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:12:07 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duodonem Update has dropped.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

TLDR: Mostly new content. New weapons, new secret characters, special traders, special maps (OH GOD BURNING BUILDING OH GOD OH GOD.)

STILL haven't finished the trip to Canada once yet. My friend and I have been trying but we still wipe on the 2nd to last siege. I managed to last right up until the moment when the timer on the siege ran out, then died. Still haven't found the optimal strategy for surviving, other than having a completely broken special character/weapon.

One day Canada. One day.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

I made it to the end one time out of too many to count, can't recall how. I managed to make it with most of my party too, I think I just got really lucky with RNG in terms of events and weapon drops.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9