Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's exact a terrible vengeance in: Dishonoured  (Read 5212 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Let's exact a terrible vengeance in: Dishonoured
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 10:09:17 am »

"Here, put this mask on. Nobody will ever recognize you even though nobody else wears masks and you are the only known fugitive."

Ha! I've not once thought about that... damnit Piero, why have you betrayed me?!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 11:11:26 am »

I've been watching this, and the game looks better than I expected. Also, kudos for your as-ever great commentary :D

I may have to buy this next time it's on sale. I didn't realize it was an actiony Bethesda game.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:52 am »

"Here, put this mask on. Nobody will ever recognize you even though nobody else wears masks and you are the only known fugitive."

Ha! I've not once thought about that... damnit Piero, why have you betrayed me?!

He's flashy like that. You might as well strap that barrel of whale oil on your head. Big 'ole bulls-eye on your face there.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 02:54:45 am »

Gentleman Callers
With introductions made I was finally lead to my room, if it can be called that... still, better than the cell that has been my home for the last few months. Though with each new conversation my feelings about these people, and specifically what they expect of me, sour. It can't be helped, of course, dark times call for dark deeds, but would Jessamine want this? Would Emily?

With those thoughts filling my mind, I was surprised by how easily sleep came, though that surprise paled in comparison to my shock as to where those dreams took me! I'm still not sure what I saw. Was it a dream? It felt real and yet... the Outsider??

I've little time to worry about what I may or may not have seen in my dream, or the pain in my hand as I awake. Today I meet with Havelock, and begin the hunt for Emily!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 05:59:16 am »

Bottle Street Boys
This rebellion is staffed by a ramshackle collection of conspirators. But despite their numerous differences, they all seem to share a respect for Havelock. I know little of the man, but I must admit, his no-nonsense attitude engenders my trust.

And as a man of action, Havelock, already has plans for our assault on the forces responsible for the Empress' death, and Emily's capture. Though I wish I could go to Emily immediately, first we must find out where she's being kept... and so it begins with the High Overseer.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:36 am »

Rat Guts
The city is dying. No more evidence is needed than to take a trip around the back alleys. Boarded up windows and plague warnings hastily painted on doors, and those who aren't dead feast on each-other.

I met Granny Rags, and dealt with her immediate troubles, but now she asks that I do something I know in my heart would bring more suffering to Dunwall... and yet, part of me wonders if it wouldn’t be a mercy to help it along, to finish things off sooner rather than later.

My heart and mind are at odds, but I've always thought better when on the move, so perhaps hunting through Doctor Galvani's lab will help me clear my head a little.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:45 am »

Slackjaw's Still
The good doctor was away, fortunately for me. Only the maid and a guardsman patrolled the halls in his absence, and that made my job much easier... though why he had the city watch poking around in his house at all posed all sorts of questions I doubt I'll ever know the answer to.

I overheard the maid talking about the experiments conducted, though it seemed they knew little of what the doctor was really researching, or the lengths he had to go to in order to conceal it. Thankfully, while the staff seemed easily cowed by the doctor's instructions to leave his laboratory undisturbed, I was under no such obligation, and it didn't take long to discover a number of interesting pieces of information in the notes strewn about, or to find the hidden doorway behind one of the bookshelves... I was surprised that anyone actually made use of that cliché!

It was in the room hidden by the bookcase that I found my prize, such that it is. I've still not decided what I intend to do with it, but without thinking my feet have brought me here, and now I find myself staring at the doorway leading to the whiskey distillery. I still need time to clear my thoughts, and I suppose I may as well spend that time dealing with the Bottle Street Boys.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

Friend in Need
It wasn't hard to get in to Bottle-street. I suppose when you think you're on top of the food chain, you don't worry about locking the door. More fool them.

Still, I took to the rooftops rather than march straight through the front door, figuratively speaking. There were quite a few men outside the distillery, but although I knew most were no better than bullies and thieves, there's enough death in this city already without me cutting down every wretch I find.

Once inside, things were a little better, a little slower at least. I had plenty of time to plan and move about above the gangers telling jokes and otherwise not doing their jobs. Though this bloody trophy the Outsider gave me whispered dark things in my ear, told me the sorts of people these thugs were... some, just took a wrong turn, ended up in a bad place, easily enough forgiven in these trying times. But not all of them. I don't know if I should trust this thing, but it speaks with a voice that both soothes and saddens me. I trust it. Enough that I killed a man after learning of his past.

Am I making the same wrong turn as some of the others? Does this path lead to an equally bad place?

I have to believe I'm not. That what I'm doing is just, even if it is dark. I'm doing this for Emily, for her future. And in hopes that there will be a city for her to rule when I rescue her, I finally made up my mind about Grany Rag's proposition... I didn't poison the still. Too many innocents would suffer for the sake of her vengeance.

… it may have taken me a long while to clear my head. But I feel I'll still be able to look Emily in the eyes when I finally find her. These may be dark days, but maybe with this choice, I can prevent them becoming darker still?

But, that does still leave me with having to find my way back out of this place, and past all the guards I didn't kill...

Pages: 1 [2]