Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: City of Anarchy (Survival RTD)  (Read 7410 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: City of Anarchy (Survival RTD)
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

Move into the back alleys where it's dark and nobody can see me.

(( Don't I get a skill bonus with guns and things as a soldier? Or do I just get more starting equipment.))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »

((Just more equipment, technically better equipment for a start. Jobs as I stated, just give you starting equipment. Maybe find a laser pointer or scope and you get that aim addition))

Name: Brent Cobb(swordsmith04)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before he can come back to, you take the baton and beat his head in a couple more times. With a bit more time now, you look through the medical kits, deciding to take one of them with just some simple bandages and alcohol, you put your own medical stuff into it and put the iron kit into your backpack. Then you put the four rations and three canteens. Your backpack now clunks very noisily as you walk. Sneaking will be much harder (-2 sneak) but now that you have placed what you want where, you kick the man out of the sliding door. With the door then again closed, you go to look at the envelopes. 'Robert, Lester, Damian'. All first names, the letters were also a tad bit bulky... As for the police station, you head to the central district. The building you come to is currently on fire, police litter the road in front of it, dead bodies, as well as civilian. As the building burns, you are unsure if there are survivors or not.

Name: "Corn" Joe(Coolrune206)

Moving inland towards the wealthy homes, you hope to spot Harvey. It wasn't too hard to spot him what with a helicopter putting a spotlight on him. The mercenaries were making their way through, and you could hear a dog barking and getting closer. With his attention and yours, you would only be bringing two search parties into each other.

Harvey Ramos(Patrick Hunt)

With a lot on your tail, you attempt to make it to the wealthy homes. There were no alley ways here. This was not the middle of the city. However you move zig zagged into the yards, hopping fences and going through bushes (3 v 2) until finally. They do not see you. You have to lay low here though, it seems they are still searching. They aren't on you, however they seem to be isolating something or someone nearby.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

Continue evading sticking to areas where I can't be seen from above and heading away from the wealthy area into one with better cover.

(( K, I do have my suppressors right? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2013, 08:19:08 pm »

Move through buildings, try to keep an eye on harvey. Use open doors to fool the enemies while closing the ones I actually went through.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »

Okay. Question: Does my backpack make a lot of noise because of the iron kit and the (metal?) canteens, or because it has a lot in it?

Oh God, I hate myself. I hate myself so damn much.
Search the police corpses for weapons, ammunition, and a spare walkie talkie or two. If I find anyone still alive who might survive if given the limited medical attention I can currently provide, patch them up and put them in the van. Also search any squad cars still intact.

If the clanking is due to the metal-on-metal contact, strip a corpse or two and wrap the metal contents of the backpack with the clothes. Use bloodless clothing if possible.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2013, 07:00:08 am »

((Clanking is due to the amount of metals hitting each other))

You search the corpses, but a lot of them have been picked clean of their weapons and belongings. You find a couple of 9mm clips left over near the bodies along with some of their radios. Facing to the surrounding cars with their flashing lights, mixed between cars and ambulances. You begin to search them. (5 v 6) You suddenly hear a loud clang off the car and watch the spark of the impact go into the air. A sniper was guarding the area. You couldn't find anyone alive outside of the building, but now there is a sniper trying to fire on you. (4 v 2) You manage to determine the location of the bullet, and take cover accordingly.

As soon as you make it to the buildings, you hear the chopper getting close (3 v 6) It spots you easily enough and begins to relay where you are. The dogs are unleashed here and they sprint after you, much faster than you are. (4 v 5) (2 v 2) You manage to push both away as they jump at you, running even further. (1 v 3) The mercs behind you make no progress on your position, effectively losing you on the foot race. However with the chopper and the dogs, it was only a matter of time until you would be opposed once more.

((No suppressors unless you can manage to find one.))

You move from building to building now while the mercenaries are now focused somewhere else. For cover purposes, you move to the central district, with the exception of the park there, the apartments make perfect cover. You hear sniper fire here though. You hide among the tenements (1 v 1) and you have a general idea where it came from, however nothing to pinpoint.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2013, 07:21:20 am »

Harvey stays hidden and listens carefully to get the position of the sniper.

Once he has the general area he bounds quietly from shadow to shadow to avoid being noticed as he closes in on the building from the side to stay out of the snipers line of sight.
Caine's law.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2013, 10:20:28 am »

Hold my 9mm at the ready, but don't return fire just yet. Move as close to the sniper's location as possible without giving them a chance to shoot me. Shout:
"[City initials]PD! Identify yourself!"

(Who knows, maybe that's a police sniper. Might as well try, anyway. Just in case: Would I be reasonably able to get to my van without getting shot?)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:14 pm »

Run inside a house, bar the door with some furniture, retreat upstairs, block the stairwell with a bed, get in a bedroom, block the door with furniture. Stand ready with my pitchfork.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »

You move towards the gunshots, moving from cover to cover. You begin to yell at him, identifying yourself as Police. You hear a response in the form of a bullet grazing the cover. Well, so much for it being friendly. You are close enough now to see the man on top of the building, a flat top building, giving him good cover from lower fire. If you managed to run into the building, he wouldn't be able to just swing that sniper rifle around.

You move into the wealthy home with the dogs hot on your heels. (1 v 4) (6 v 5) You manage to push the first one away, but the second one bites your leg, using the door, you slam it into the dog to make it let go before locking the door behind you. Taking furniture and pushing it against the door, you make a barricade, however with all the glass windows, and rooms they can enter, it won't hold long. Moving up the stairs, you look around quickly and shove the bed in front of the stair's frame. You hear them kicking at the doors at this point with the dogs barking outside. Closing the door, you move into the bedroom and lock it. This gives you time to put your pitchfork together and ready yourself. You look around the room. There is an entrance to an attic here, a closet and a tv with a stand beneath it.

You stand still, waiting for the noise again (6 v 3) and you pinpoint it in the central district near the police station. You move from shadow to shadow, you manage to see Brent taking cover behind a car. (5 v 3) You manage to sneak in from the side You managed to stay out of his line of sight, and with a quick wave to Brent, he is made aware of your presence. For now you are on the bottom floor, and you saw him on the roof.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »

Block the door. Get into the attic, place the heaviest thing on the hatch.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »

Well, I'll be damned. Looks like he's actually helping me this time, too.
Exposing as little of myself as possible, fire back at the sniper. Don't use up more than a third of the magazine, and go more for suppressive fire rather than actually trying to hit the sniper. I'm trying to distract him, not get myself killed.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2013, 01:41:00 am »

Harvey takes off his boots before heading up the stairs to avoid making any noise and quietly slips up behind the sniper drawing his pistol and knife.

Slipping up behind the sniper harvey brings the butt of the pistol down on his head knocking him out.
Caine's law.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »

((Alright, sorry for the small hiatus. We will resume now.))

(2 v 4) (5 v 5)

You start suppression fire at the sniper but your shot goes wide. It looks like it is going for Patrick! He manages to get away with a scratch across his cheek. He manages to get a shot at you because of your wide shot (6 v 1) and it hits directly into your neck.

You begin to suffocate from the rush of blood and the hole going through the front and back of your neck. You realize you can't move either. It severed your spinal column. Your eyes go wide and you begin to convulse. Spitting up blood and leaking all over the place, your eyes last see Patrick moving in on the sniper.

Perhaps he will remember you. However with almost the entire police force gone, you would be given a massive police funeral. They never found your body after all of this. However with a casket, they carried you. Your family saddened. They can't believe a lot of things. You were announced a hero along with all of the police force. Your pictures were put up. And people cried over your death. Over all the death.

With some shots being fired, they were loud enough to make your sneaking really good. (6 +1 v 6) He couldn't hear you coming. However a shot grazes your face. You managed to avoid a bad shot however in your stun, you watch as the sniper fires once more, hitting the cop below. A fatal wound to his neck, he was aiming for the head as that was the only thing he could see.

You move in behind him with the butt of your pistol, you whack him good, knocking him out. Your eyes go back to Brent. His lifeless eyes staring in your direction.

You find a crate and move it over the trap door. However that made a lot of noise. They know you are up in the attic and you can hear them knocking at it with their guns. A nearby window brings in the only light here. The cobwebs and dust choke you. It was a two and a half story drop from that window.

I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »

(( Ouch, that sucks for you Sword.

Turn to come soon. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12