Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: City of Anarchy (Survival RTD)  (Read 7413 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: City of Anarchy (Survival RTD)
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2013, 09:47:20 pm »

"Hmm. I was hoping for a bit more, but I'll take what I can get, I guess."
Brent pockets everything he's found and then turns his attention to the radio; specifically, the channel with the crying girl.
"Hey. My name is Brent. Are you okay?"
Brent speaks calmly and soothingly with the girl over the radio; preferably, learning information like who and where the girl is and whether she's hurt or not. Meanwhile, he moves to the next house and searches there, as well. Priorities are weapons (either firearms or even something like a kitchen knife), ammunition of any type, something to carry things around in (as in, a backpack, bag, suitcase, etc.) and a water container.
And a can-opener.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:57:48 pm by swordsmith04 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2013, 05:31:04 am »

"Hmm. I was hoping for a bit more, but I'll take what I can get, I guess."
Brent pockets everything he's found and then turns his attention to the radio; specifically, the channel with the crying girl.
"Hey. My name is Brent. Are you okay?"
Brent speaks calmly and soothingly with the girl over the radio; preferably, learning information like who and where the girl is and whether she's hurt or not. Meanwhile, he moves to the next house and searches there, as well. Priorities are weapons (either firearms or even something like a kitchen knife), ammunition of any type, something to carry things around in (as in, a backpack, bag, suitcase, etc.) and a water container.
And a can-opener.

If you got a kitchen knife in the next house, a can-opener is unneccessary- Unless you want to torture people by using it to snap their fingers.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2013, 05:37:44 am »

(It's an either/or thing. I don't necessarily have to take both if I find both.)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2013, 10:30:07 am »

Harvey Ramos(Patrick Hunt)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: "Corn" Joe(Coolrune206)

(3 v 3)
Harvey hears heavy footsteps coming through the forests. A couple of people were making a run for the debris-made wall. Then suddenly an impact hits you and throws you both to the ground, the heat washing over you both as you sit up to realize a mine was just set off. They had looked civilian but they had saved both your lives. Even though your throats felt burned, you managed to get up. They had set up a minefield in the forest. Covered with leaves and dug in. It would be very difficult to find all of them. You hear a mercs in the distance. "Woooo wee son." He laughs, and you can hear him until he calms down.

Name: Brent Cobb(swordsmith04)

The little girl continues to sob over the radio. The walkie talkie was being pressed on, or whatever was transmitting her message could not make it so you could talk through. You are forced to listen to a girl cry and windows breaking. A scream and gun shots. You hear footsteps and a sickening breathing sound. As if the sound of someone taking their last breaths through blood. "This bitch killed one of our guys?" You hear a thud, as if something was hit really hard. "Fucking shit. Mess with the Lips. You get dead. Can't believe she managed to stab him." You then hear another man. "She got him from behind after he got the jewels." It switches again. "Let's just get this stuff." That gunfire you heard over the radio though. You swear you could hear it from one of the nearby houses. It was closeby enough...

Moving next door as quickly as possible, you try to open the door, but it is locked. And before you could realize, a dog attacks! It begins to run at you and takes you by surprise! (4 v 1) The dog grips your arm hard and shreds into it with its teeth. Managing to pull it off, it circles back around growling at you and barking loudly. You could probably try and run and hop the fence, or you could try and kill it before it does more damage.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:12 am »

Climb a tree. If I can leap from Tree-top to tree-top, then I could probably land on that Merc's face.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 11:22:04 am »

Use my knife to carefully search in front of me for mines only stepping on spots I checked with my knife, head in the direction of said mercs voice. Move very carefully and stay in the shadows of the trees so they won't see me.

Don't attack till I'm in position Cool your gonna need cover.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:22:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2013, 04:10:50 pm »

(Heh. I read that as the dog tore my arm off at first.)

How many shots does my taser have? Is it one-use?
If not, tase the dog.
If it is one shot, hop the fence
No way in hell am I firing my gun within earshot of those thugs.
(How close did the gunshots sound, anyway? Next house over, down the street, or several blocks away?)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »

Using your knife, you check for mines. Your brain tells you that that really isn't the safest thing in the world to do. But hey, who gives a crap about your brain right? You move along your path now hoping not to set off any mines with your knife. (4 v 6) (4 v 6) (3 v 5). Every mine does not explode in your path. Somewhere you feel either very lucky, or fate was on your side. You move to the wall. This gave you a view up at the wall, and behind a tree you look up towards it. You see three of them there, they were not facing you. However looking left and right, you see a lot more lined up. Drawing attention like this would only bring a war to your face. Then you hear the explosion in Joe's direction... They were closing in on him.

You climb the tree and hop from tree to tree like a monkey. A dangerous stunt. (6 v 4) (4 v 5) (1 v 6) Unfortunately, you managed to get to the first tree, but as you went to the second, you missed the branch by inches. Trying to save yourself proved utterly fruitless as you fell to the ground. To make matters worse you land next to a mine! (2 v 6) You roll away frantically and manage to get away from the blast, however your location is now known. And with no blood splatter to please the guards, you hear an order. "We got a lucky one boys." You hide in a bush for now. But you got a search party after you now, and this place was guarded heavily. You hear their voices. "Careful, this place is a deathtrap. Stick with your leaders." Three groups entered the forests, three Mercenary Squad leaders, leading four men a piece, armed to the teeth with automatic rifles and a couple dogs.. 15 in total with three squad leaders plus two tracker dogs. They were closing in on specifically you.

((Your taser is powered by battery which is rechargeable if you can find a working outlet for it, I fixed it so you know what you have. It can also fire three shots. The gunshot was near enough that you know which house it was. Couple doors down.))

You take your taser out and fire at the dog (3 v 3). The dog manages to dodge it but barely and it rushes at you once more! (1 v 1) You manage to push it away, stopping it from damaging you more. Your blood continues to fall to the ground. You fire your taser once more after aiming. The second shot (6 v 2) hits it and the dog yelps and falls to the ground shaking. Using this chance you hop the fence and move towards the house. You can see a working Van. Its engine humming as you hear crashing from the house, they seem to be looking for things. Perhaps looting.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2013, 05:09:16 pm »

They'll never catch me. Move away from the noise, backtrack a tiny bit, then move a different direction, in an attempt to confuse the dogs. If they catch me, stain my pitchfork red with hound-blood.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »

Confiscate the vehicle and drive away down the street, in the direction opposite the location of the gunshots. Have my taser and baton ready in case there's anyone inside the van.

Drive far enough away I'm not in danger of being followed by the looters, then stop and search the van. Bandage my arm with any fabric or wound dressing found inside, or if none then from my own sleeve.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2013, 07:28:36 pm »

Watch quietly as long as he doesn't come in my direction, if any mines are triggered shoot one of the mercs in the back aiming for the neck using the explosion to cover the sound of my gunfire. looks for any mines I can spot that are close to the mercs and if they move close to one then shoot the mine to detonate it on them. If any of them notice me then run for it following my own footsteps all the way back out of the forest. Merc leaders are priority so aim for them then there squad using concealment and my suppressor to my advantage and always duck back into hiding the moment I take a shot, focus my fire on the squad at the rear.

Use the SMG and only fire in small bursts. Gotta make the 2 clips last.

Btw how is it a bad idea? Thats how soldiers cleared mine fields in ww2. The knife point is so slim that when it touches the mine it won't trigger because the point doesn't apply enough pressure to trigger it, but you will feel the knife hit the mine because the mine is harder then the ground.[/b]

(( Hey cool if you don't lose them then just run like hell, if you get lucky they'll step on mines themselves.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:41:53 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »

((This isn't WW2... They be pretty sensitive these days.))

You set the smg to a burst fire mode to increase aim, and use less bullets. You aim at some of the mercs before they descend and fire on their groups. (6 v 6) You hit the squad leader in the chest and he falls back a little bit. However he stands, and with no blood, you realize his Kevlar absorbed the blows. Well now they are trying to find two people.

You begin to run for it as a dog is put towards your direction. The squad does not run, they track carefully through the woods, wary of their own explosives. However, you blatantly run without checking. (2 v 2) With a quick reflex, you roll away as the mine explodes next to you. The squad moves in that direction. You hear them radio contacting your position. You make it to the street, however you are forced to hide against a tree as a reconnaissance helicopter searches for you along the wood lines. It has no weapons. You need to decide your course of action, you were back in the wealthy district, with the homes lined up in their fenced communities.

Backtracking the way you came, you then move into a different direction. For you the hounds are not running towards you. The mercs know better. (1 v 1) You set off a mine as you go, however you manage to avoid the blast, and now they know where you are. Radioing it in, they move towards you slowly. The two squads now move towards you. You think you also hear a couple trucks going to the streets nearby. You have time to think as they don't wish to blow up either.

You move up to the van. Revenge for a small girl being forced into the back of your mind, you needed to stay focused. As you suspected, a man was behind the wheel. You aim your taser (1 v 6) And miss wildly. The man startled looks towards your direction (3 v 1) You club him hard. He desperately struggles back in confusion (3-1 v 4). He misses you and (5 v 4) your assault continues until he is knocked unconscious. Driving away for now, you move far away before you stop in the road and then search the van. There were ten army-like rations with three canteens of water and two medical kits in here. Even a couple backpacks, which you grab one to wear. There was also a couple of envelopes with three names on them, and now your unconcious friend. Bandaging your arm, you now decide what to do with this man, as well what to do now that you have this vehicle, and a heavy supply of medicine and food with water. You hear the man in the back stirring. Perhaps cuff him? Or kill him? Or kick him out and move on? Or whatever you want really... He can't stop you right now.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

Move towards the rich-district. Hope I meet up with Harvey...

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

Justice can wait until the current situation has been resolved. Once it has, these gangs and mercs will be sorry they ever even thought about taking advantage of the situation.

Batter thug back into unconsciousness with baton, then dump him on the street.
Inventory management:

• Examine contents of medical kits; put aspirin, anti-psychotic pills into a medical kit, store said medical kit in my equipped backpack.
  • Store four rations and the canteens of water in backpack.
  • Dump canned food with other food supplies in the van.
Examine names on envelopes, but don't open them. Remember where the closest police station used to be, drive there.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:09:45 pm by swordsmith04 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

"Hey, Hunt, wake UP.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12