Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress autosaves when i hit q, how do I turn it off?  (Read 1117 times)

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress autosaves when i hit q, how do I turn it off?
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:07:06 pm »

I was playing, and right when the first summer ended, I accidentally hit some keys, and i don't know which ones(I was pushed down onto the left side of my keyboard by my dog). Now, whenever i hit q, it pauses for a second(more like a minute) and autosaves before letting me handle buildings. Does anyone know what I did or how to fix it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:59:17 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress autosaves when i hit q, how do I turn it off?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »

If it helps, I was using Masterwork Fortress; Kobold Camp, not modified from the original mod. Any help would be great. It is also local to that save, as I made a new world and It didn't carry over. The only reason I want to keep the save is it is the first time I got a nice ghost in my fort, who just hangs out in my military dorms, being a Ghostly Hero who watches over his old squad.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »

open dfhack.init in your dwarf fortress folder and modify:
Code: [Select]
# quicksave, only in main dwarfmode screen and menu page
keybinding add Ctrl-Q@dwarfmode/Default quicksave

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »

open dfhack.init in your dwarf fortress folder and modify:
Code: [Select]
# quicksave, only in main dwarfmode screen and menu page
keybinding add Ctrl-Q@dwarfmode/Default quicksave

Thanks man, your a Kobold lifesaver, now their camp won't die a horrible abandonny death. Thanks man!
TAIL SHOOOOES!