Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Galaxies: Colonizing the stars [6/6] Turn 4  (Read 10478 times)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxies: Colonizing the stars [0/6]
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 06:27:38 am »

Your army comes out to 84pts but you only have 50.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 06:29:40 am »

Each fighter squadron is 1 point and each Carrier is 5 right?

Nevermind I figured it out. Lemme go fix this.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:34:11 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 07:39:23 am »

Hold. Making a Race.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 09:49:23 am »

I'mma make a race and likely be put in the waitlist. :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 10:55:56 am »

Name: Atrom-Boream alliance
Description and biography: This empire experienced a very rare event in the universe, two biodiverse planets in one solar system  that developed sapient races almost simultaneously... Yes, when Atroms, insctoid race from L-G planet contacted with mammalian humanoid Boreams they were few hundreds years ahead tech-wise, but large difference in gravity and atmospheric pressure made trade and cooperation more profitable than outright conquest and soon tech gap was neutralized...

Much later war space war started, not for main the planets, but for resource rich solar system. It was long, it was bloody and after mutual nuclear bombing their planets become barely good enough to sustain life...
Recently, great leaders ended the senseless war and created an alliance that aims to expand beyond the home system

Traits: +2 to colony level (2 points), Industrious2 (5 points) Inquisitive (5), +20 fleet points (2 point) , Military techs* (2 points), Civilian techs*2 (2 points)
Custom trait: adaptable, (2 points):  Having two races from very different planets, with different atmospheres, gravities and temperatures allows the alliance to settle on wider range of planets

Description of system and planets:
Samur: Sun like star
Kolir: LVL3 colony, capital. Mars sized planet with average surface temperature of 45Co, little water and quite thin atmosphere. After recent war noticeably irradiated. Home of  Atrom race

Tamish: LVL3 colony, 1.5 large than earth Terran, slightly cold planet with 80% of surface belonging to oceans\ice. Home of
Boream race. Very irradiated. 14Co average yearly temperature

Biquk: Outpost. Strange planet of mysterious origin, while having two sizes of earth it nothing but a huge chunk of iron + low percentages of heavier metals. Was a reason of the war that escalated in nuclear war. -44Co.

Damium: Gas giant with large rings and  various small moons

Torimah: Mercury sized cold rock: -173Co/.

Alekaro asteroid belt.

List of colonies:
Kolir, LVL3
Tamish: LVL3
Biquk: LVL1

Civilian techs:
Radiation protection: Being forced to live on polluted planets the alliance learned to create measures to protect from radiation, from suits to special walls
Advanced underground construction During the war  many cities moved underground to survive an orbital bombardment
Synthetic food plants Alliance learned to produce an edible food from various hydrocarbons and\or any aviable biomass

Military techs:
Long range planet attack missiles: Small, fast, hard to notice, long ranged kinetic missiles designed to carpet bomb enemy planets from the safe distance
Advanced fusion bombs:   Alliance knows how to make highly effective fusion bombs of various sizes, from tip of a pencil sized  bombs to asteroid sized bombs
Planet assault  combat drones It was decided that wasting ground troops for landing on hostile planets is unwise, and during the war those were designed
Defensive satellites automated, cost effective fighter sized suicide satellites with a fusion bomb inside. Designed to intercept any hostile object, get inside it and blow it up

Fleet: 70 points
Cruisers * 2 (2*30 points)
One wing of defensive satellites (10 points)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:16:36 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

Oooh an Ebbor game, looks like I'm too late. I'll just have to watch.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:58 am »

Meh, I'm not using first come , first take.

Going to scan the sheets for problems soonish, set up some list to keep track of modifiers, and start the game . Shouldn't be too long.

Saswift

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:44 am »

You could still team up with me if you wanted. I'll even let you be president/governor (Or whatever.)
Though if you want to do that you'll have to let me know any changes you want in tech or planet setup.

What does the colony size mean? The level would be population/infrastructure (I assume) But is there a defined maximum level or is it just a matter of how much food you can procure. And can I do more complicated tech?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:58 pm »

What does the colony size mean? The level would be population/infrastructure (I assume) But is there a defined maximum level or is it just a matter of how much food you can procure. And can I do more complicated tech?
There are 3 levels (for now). These are:
   -Outpost
   -Settlement
   -Core Planet

There's also a population, which determines how much you produce, and is limited by your food production.

Tech depends on what you intend. Feel free to get as descriptive as you want to be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:45:45 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 12:55:01 pm »

Spoiler: Empire (click to show/hide)

Seems alright. Can I assume the battleship is fully equipped with laser weaponry?

Spoiler: The Supremacy (click to show/hide)
There's no default starting fleet. You get 50 command points worth, but there are many ways to distribute that . Adding to that, things get really confusing with these Generic, non distinctive names. Doesn't give a good impression either.

Looks like a-lot of fun. I'll throw a nation of some sort together. You seem to be following sword of the stars a bit so I'll follow it as well.

It might be fun sharing a nation with someone else since one of us could pick up for the other when 1 isn't available for posting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seems alright. The fleet's loadout isn't determined yet, but I can hardly expect people to do that before I tell them their options.

Done. You did ask for it, so I had to try it. It might have cost me some advantage in the long run, but my fleet is almost seven times as big as others. One of my ships costs me 60pts apiece and I have two of them.

Seems alright. However, do note that fleets have a certain maintenance cost. Overspecializing has drawbacks.

Name: Retha Confederation (I think the empire name is supposed to go here)
Description and biography: The Retha Confederation is a rather hierarchical representative democracy (in that the citizenry only chooses provincial governors, which choose sector governors and so forth). Its current priorities are the maintenance of order and economic stability, and the preservation of Rethacal's biosphere and natural resources.
Traits:
Industrious
Prosperous
2 Extra Civilian Techs
2x 20 Command point fleet bonus
4 Extra Military Techs
List of colonies (Just a name suffices, along with it's level)
Rethacal (Capital)
Dulalra (Outpost)
Mesuar (Outpost)
Military tech:
Reactive armour plating
Reinforced superstructure
Efficient laser emitters
Miniaturised fusion reactors
Defensive force screens
Sensor jammers
Civilian tech:
Durable components - given the Confederation's priorities, improving the durability of various components was given a high priority. This has significantly reduced the cost of maintaining many different types of infrastructure, especially the critical systems of the various interplanetary colonies
Fusion reactors
Industrial force fields
List of the fleet:
Rethacal Defense Command - 2 Destroyers
Rethacal Patrol Group - 5 Frigates
Seems good.

Spoiler: The Ocelotl Empire (click to show/hide)

Hope it's not too late to get in here and that I didn't screw up the sheet.

Seems good.

Name: Atrom-Boream alliance
Description and biography: This empire experienced a very rare event in the universe, two biodiverse planets in one solar system  that developed sapient races almost simultaneously... Yes, when Atroms, insctoid race from L-G planet contacted with mammalian humanoid Boreams they were few hundreds years ahead tech-wise, but large difference in gravity and atmospheric pressure made trade and cooperation more profitable than outright conquest and soon tech gap was neutralized...

Much later war space war started, not for main the planets, but for resource rich solar system. It was long, it was bloody and after mutual nuclear bombing their planets become barely good enough to sustain life...
Recently, great leaders ended the senseless war and created an alliance that aims to expand beyond the home system

Traits: 1 LVL colony (1 point), Industrious*2 (10 points) Inquisitive (5), Extra fleets (1 point) , Military tech (1) ,
Custom trait: adaptable, (2 points):  Having two races from very different planets, with different atmospheres, gravities and temperatures

Description of system and planets:
Samur: Sun like star
Kolir: LVL1 colony, capital. Mars sized planet with average surface temperature of 45Co, little water and quite thin atmosphere. After recent war noticeably irradiated. Home of  Atrom race

Tamish: LVL1 colony, 1.5 large than earth Terran, slightly cold planet with 80% of surface belonging to oceans\ice. Home of
Boream race. Very irradiated. 14Co average yearly temperature

Biquk: Outpost. Strange planet of mysterious origin, while having two sizes of earth it nothing but a huge chunk of iron + low percentages of heavier metals. Was a reason of the war that escalated in nuclear war. -44Co.

Damium: Gas giant with large rings and  various small moons

Torimah: Mercury sized cold rock: -173Co/. Outpost

Alekaro asteroid belt.

List of colonies:
Kolir, LVL1
Tamish: LVL1
Biquk: outpost

Civilian techs:
Radiation protection: Being forced to live on polluted planets the alliance learned to build radiation protected facilities

Military techs:
Long range planet attack missiles: Small, fast, hard to notice, long ranged kinetic missiles designed to carpet bomb enemy planets from the safe distance
Advanced fusion bombs:   Alliance knows how to make highly effective fusion bombs of various sizes, from tip of a pencil sized  bombs to asteroid sized bombs
Planet assault  combat drones It was decided that wasting ground troops for landing on hostile planets is unwise, and during the war those were designed

Fleet: 60 points
Cruisers * 2 (2*30 points)
All that remained after the last naval battle of the war

A lvl 1 colony equals an outpost. You can spent that 1 point to upgrade one to a settlement though. Otherwise alright.

((Other possible players will be screened later. I haven't recounted the points yet either.))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:09:45 pm by 10ebbor10 »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 03:05:36 pm »

Ignore my previous point, I'm too tired to whip something up now and not going to let you guys wait another day ;) have fun
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 03:17:10 pm »

Spoiler: Aresyll Command (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »

Well, Im just shoveing this in while I make a thing, hopeing that it will get in.

And here it is!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:05:30 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »

Spoiler: Aresyll Command (click to show/hide)

Seems good.

Well, Im just shoveing this in while I make a thing, hopeing that it will get in.

And here it is!
There's a worldship ship modification that you might find interesting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »

I saw it after I finished this. As I dident have any thing else to think of I just lowered my cost (It was literally the same exact thing) and called it that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9