Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 332771 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #7620 on: June 20, 2016, 01:16:42 pm »

Julius fell to the floor at the impact as the Imperial Lion struck him on the front. A pain unlike any other he had felt before blossomed in his chest, only to be replaced by a numbing cold that slowly spread through his body. His vision blurred. It was unlike any wound he had taken before, and in that moment Julius knew that he was dying.

"I... I failed again." he softly whispered as he collapsed. His body slid to the floor and rolled to the foot of the stairs.

And with that dark thought he was prepared to die there, just another disappointment to add to the long line of mistakes he had made in his life. In the end he failed to be strong enough-

But a second thud broke through his haze. He could feel the floor vibrate next to him. And so Julius dared to hope. Straining what was left of his senses he confirmed that it was really happening. Neither of them had won. In the end he had slain the emperor as well.

Julius allowed himself to smile at that. Perhaps this was a fitting death after all. He had come so far from that foolish young boy born in Kretos. From the moment he ran away from home. To that day...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

-and to his time as a deluded thief on the mainland. He couldn't help but laugh inside at it. Becoming a gentleman thief who robbed the rich and gave to the poor? In this day and age he would have been lucky not to wind up dying in a ditch somewhere. Unknown... no songs sung of him. But to die here? In the palace, giving his life for all the people of the empire. Maybe he could hope that this could redeem him of his past crimes. It was a heroic death at the least. One that would be told for years to come if he was lucky.

He could barely see now. Everything looked like swabs of color, and the shouts were starting to dim.

Suddenly his mind wandered back to his parents. Were they even still alive? He had resented them his whole life for what they had almost tried to do to him. Almost any love he had left for them had dried up since then. But here he started to regret never seeking out what happened to them in the end. Without a way to pay their debts he doubt it ended well, but it would have given him some peace of mind.

All his other unfulfilled promises rushed back to him. Finding Eleanore's parents, helping Leo and the others, his promise to Alec... in the end he'd have to leave it in Grifen's hands now. That made it a bit better. He could trust her completely to make the Empire a better place. She had one of the kindest hearts he had ever met.

Mustering up all his strength he shifted his head to face the direction he believed his friends were in, and not even able to speak at this point, mouthed his last words at them. He asked them to forgive him, for Fezz and Grifen to fix the Empire in his stead, and his last selfish request that his story be told. He wasn't even sure if they could understand him at that point.

Looks like I'll be able to apologize to you in person after all Eleanore. You and all the others.

At that he felt his consciousness drift away for the last time. With his last thoughts Julius wondered if he had become a hero after all...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:26:40 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: June 20, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »

Alec walked into the antechamber with Efa and Ciera, having recently disposed of Amana, and stepped aside the dust and blood that littered the floor.
: "Reinforcements are on their-"
As he looked up to the throne the words died in his throat, immediately replaced with:
: "NO!"
His pace immediately changed to a hurry as he approached the steps leading up to the Emperor's seat.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: June 20, 2016, 01:38:27 pm »

Leo moved to and knelt by Julius, holding his hand as he slowly faded from consciousness.

"I'm sorry. This isn't how it was supposed to happen... We'll honor your memory, my friend."

The would-be emperor's grip slackened as he passed. The saint released a long breath through his nose, then picked up the crown blade.

"Grifen, I am truly sorry to press this on you, but the responsibility for the empire is now yours to bear. Draw this sword, and prove your blood here and now."

He released Julius's hand, stood, and turned, holding the hilt towards Grifen.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: June 20, 2016, 01:42:54 pm »

Sheila stood silently, watching blood pool beneath the Emperor and Julius. She really had expected Julius to win.

Leo's words shook her back to reality, and she gave Grifen a nod.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: June 20, 2016, 02:14:27 pm »

:"...oh... Julius... damn it all."
Julius may have been the heir and all, but there was still Grifen for that. But... Efa did find herself saddened. He'd been one of only a couple of people she had genuinely connected with.
:"Hey... wherever you are now, I hope you know that you didn't need anything like my bolt... you were heroic enough as you were."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: June 20, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »

"No! No... This... It wasn't suppose to..." Fezz looked away from the scene, his face hidden. His mind was muddled, his thoughts unclear. But he had to be strong.

The man slipped his hand around Grifen's and squeezed softly, looking at her with a sad smile. Fezz will be besides her no matter what.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: June 20, 2016, 03:07:40 pm »

Miguel's old heart skipped a beat. As in, it literally skipped a beat. The shock of watching Julius and the emperor fall to the floor together had nearly ended his life as well.

But he persevered and remained standing by sheer force of will. He sent a quick prayer skyward and leaned heavily on his old horse. Now, all of his attention was on Grifen. Watching. Waiting.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: June 20, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »

"Oh no..."

She hesitantly walked up to Alec and placed a hand on his arm.

"I... I know this is hard for you. Just... I'm here for you, ok?"

She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him as best she could.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: June 20, 2016, 08:29:18 pm »

: "Julius, no!" The nomad rushed forward and fell to her knees to try and help her long-lost cousin, but it was too late. No medicine or magic could heal Julius now.

In her numbed state of mind she almost missed what the others had been saying, and the irony left a bitter taste in her mouth. She had expressed a desire to lead, sure, but not like this! She might have refused the blade...if it hadn't been for the sound of running feet and angry voices coming up the stairs. Those soldiers would be quick to kill anyone they suspected had a hand in slaying their emperor, unless they had a new ruler to command them.

The realization that she could save her remaining friends, combined with Leo's kind words and Fezz's support, gave Grifen the resolve she needed. With a silent (if tearful) nod at Leo, she rose to her feet and drew the Crown Blade for the second time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: June 20, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »

Leo knelt, and motioned for the others to do the same.

"Then let us all, now, pledge fealty to the new empress of the Troian Empire, Grifen of Masalla, first of her name."

He lowered his head.

"Ascend the steps, and take your throne as a true heir and the rightful ruler."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:31:07 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: June 20, 2016, 09:18:03 pm »

"Well... Alright." Sheila was not much for kneeling, or at least not in front of rulers. But she would do this for Grifen. She was the new Empress, after all. And so she knelt.

"My axe is always at your disposal, Empress."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: June 20, 2016, 09:28:51 pm »

Alec looked down at his deceased comrade- no, deceased liege and drew a mournful sigh.
: "You set your sights to right the wrongs of the world the way no-one else could. By my hand, your name will never die."
He took the brief moment to hug Ciera back- tightly- and soon looked over to Leo. Nodding, he took to a knee, though lightly enough to remain spry if the soldiers closing in on them took arms, and laid his scratched-leather notebook in front of him.
: "By the Gods who drew me to the songs once sunken to the depths and revived in this tome; I pledge my knowledge, skills and loyalty to the reign of Empress Grifen the First, and to the life and health of my beloved-" Alec snuck a peek to Ciera at his side before returning to his reverie, "-and my comrades here who have fought the same for me."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: June 20, 2016, 09:34:23 pm »

Ciera had knelt when Alec did, though she blushed when he mentioned his beloved. Reaching out and grabbing his hand, she laid the lone sword she had remaining in front of herself, though she kept the handle pointed towards herself as well just in case.

"I came to this group hardly knowing what I was getting involved in. Through it all, I have grown to understand just what true friendship... what true family means. And I have realized that our group... That we can truly change the world together. Empress, I pledge that I will support your rule and do my best to help make sure that it is a grand one. And I will never forget any of you. And that I will always be there whenever you need me. For you as a ruler, but above that, for you because you are part of my family."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: June 20, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

Put simply, Candy wasn't himself. Manna was dead, Amana was dead or at least gone, and Julius...

All the happy go lucky fairy could muster was:

: "Long live Moe Empress Grifen. We've got your back."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: June 20, 2016, 10:43:40 pm »

Miguel bowed lowly, using his massive Silver Lance as a makeshift cane as he sunk his body in deference to the new Empress. This was all far too much for him to muster words. Not yet anyways.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510