Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 332802 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

:"Yes. I need 100 coins, to buy a longbow. Give them, please."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »

Leo nodded. Fair was fair, as he had already spent some of the money himself.

"Here you go."

She was good with her bow, so if this helped keep them all alive and healthy then he was happy. He handed over the 100 gold with no complaints.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2013, 04:37:01 pm »

Sheila was quiet for a little while before answering Leo. "...Do you ever go to do something, and then, just as you're about to do it... Realize how much you don't actually want to do it?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:42 pm »

Leo shook his head.

"I can't say I've ever been in that situation." (This will in no way be a Chekov's Gun. Ever. :p)

He thought for a few moments about what could be causing Sheila to act in such a manner. She was usually such a high-spirited, carefree woman. It was one of the reasons he didn't mind her teasing (that much, anyway).

"...Nervous about seeing an old boyfriend?"

It was the only thing he could think of. Sailors had a reputation for 'one in every port' and this was a port town.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »

Sheila snorted and dissolved into a fit of laughter. "Oh man, no! No, I've only ever had the one real boyfriend, and I haven't the foggiest idea where he ended up." Once she stopped laughing, her expression fell again.

"I uh, I'm not too sure I want to talk about it. You'd just tell me I really need to do it, whether I want to or not."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

"I see. Well, tell me this before I give my advice: is this something you feel you need to do, or will regret not doing, even if you really don't want to?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »

"I think I'm going to regret it either way... It's my mom, okay? I haven't seen her since I was a kid, and I want to see her, you know, let her know that I'm alright. But at the same time, I don't want to just turn up and leave again right away. That might break her heart even more. I don't want to do that, but I can't go and stay. I'm not a hometown girl, you know that. It's just... So hard, figuring out what I should do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:20 pm »

"Hmm. Yes, that is difficult."

"Well... this may not apply, but if I had a daughter, I would like to know that she is all right... especially if I haven't seen her for years. But perhaps you should start small? Write her a letter for now, keep in contact that way. And perhaps after awhile you'll be ready to see her in person."

He pushed his hair back over a shoulder.

"Or if you would like, I can go with you, for support. In the end it's your decision, and I trust that you'll make the one that is the best for both of you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2013, 05:13:16 pm »

"Actually Leo, a letter sounds like a really good idea." Sheila's real smile finally came back. This would do, for now. There was always later. And her mom should know she's alright. "You got anything to write on? That you wouldn't miss, I mean."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2013, 05:23:55 pm »

Leo searched his pockets before coming up with an old parchment.

"I forgot I left that in this coat. Will this do? I, uh, I'm sorry that it's the best I can offer, but the back should be blank."

It apparently was a shopping list, the ink faded to near illegibility from age.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2013, 05:26:49 pm »

"It should be fine. Uh, We'll need something to write with too, won't we? Wish I had some charcoal..." Sheila turned her face skyward, trying to think what it was that she should write...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »

Leo scratched his chin.

"Maibel might have some ink or charcoal," he offered. She was interested in books so it stood to reason she might have some writing implements.

"Or you could ask the tavern owner."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »

"Yeah, let's ask the tavern owner. I don't relish the idea of explaining why to Maibel." Sheila turned and made her way back into the tavern, shouldering her way past other patrons to get to the bar. "Yoohoo, hey! I was wondering if you could lend me something to write with, just for a minute?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2013, 05:37:52 pm »

Leo went in with Sheila to provide moral support. And keep an eye out for her, just in case. Taverns weren't always the friendliest places.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »

Efa ran back to the bow shop, slapped the money on the counter, and demanded an iron longbow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 510