Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 334092 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4440 on: February 20, 2015, 01:15:49 am »

"Hey, uh, we found this... healer. He helped us out and is interested in joining with us. Thought that it might be best to talk to you and Alec before we finalized anything. Do you know where he is?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: February 20, 2015, 01:18:45 am »

"Hmm?"

Leo looked up from his food.

"Ah. Hello, Ciera. I don't know where Alec is at the moment, sorry. As for this man, a healer you say?"

He pushed out some chairs around the table with his foot, inviting everyone to sit down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: February 20, 2015, 01:34:19 am »

"Ah..."

She sat down, trying to hide the disappointment. She hadn't gotten to talk to the bard as much as she would have liked to the past month, and she would have liked to have heard his input on this situation.

"Uhm, yes. His name is Ram. He told us some interesting stuff, including the fact that Efa's eye is going to need more healing or it won't stay fixed."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: February 20, 2015, 01:38:02 am »

Leo put down his spoon and folded his hands on the table.

"I see. But it should be no trouble for me soon. I'm learning more about the healing arts and I have access to the resources of the Dragon Cult. I'll find an answer for Efa."

He looked up at Ram. Something about the man very slightly disquieted him, but he wasn't sure what.

"We can let Ram explain himself when he's ready."

He gazed at Sheila for a few moments, then returned his attention to Ciera.

"I'm not saying you have to have a reason to come talk to me, of course, but is there anything else you needed me for?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: February 20, 2015, 01:45:36 am »

"Ah, uhm, well..."

She hesitated, blushed slightly, and then asked quietly,

"How... how well do you know Alec?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: February 20, 2015, 01:49:10 am »

Leo observed the blush, and leaned in close since he assumed it was a private question.

"Not very well. Honestly he and I have really only talked once since meeting, and I don't think it's fair of me to judge him based on that encounter because I wasn't in a good place at the time. Sorry I can't be more help."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: February 20, 2015, 01:52:08 am »

"Ah, no that's... that's what I expected I guess. I just... No one really seems to know him all that well I guess and I just... Well he was so nice to me during our last two battles but... after when he was talking to Matilda... The way the two of them were talking, it seemed like I was just... more of a burden for him more than anything. Just someone else he needed to be keeping an eye on. So I guess I was just hoping you'd know... more. But it's ok."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: February 20, 2015, 01:56:05 am »

Leo shrugged.

"He seems to keep to himself a lot. Some of us do. Julius, for example, although he's been more open recently. Anyway, I don't know what Alec said, but don't take anything Matilda says seriously. This is a noblewoman who constantly recklessly charges in and requires us to save her and, to use common vernacular, 'screwed' a guard to get us past a checkpoint one time. My point is she's rash, impulsive, and hardly fitting of her station. Her opinions are not to be regarded highly."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: February 20, 2015, 01:59:31 am »

"It's just... I know she has her own issues, Sheila told me about that. But... She seemed like she was quoting from Duke Yonn. Saying I needed to go along with you guys to learn more. Like... like I wasn't good enough to be with the rest of the guard. I just... I don't want to be someone he needs to be worrying about all the time..."

It wasn't entirely clear if the he she was talking about here was her boss or the one she had a crush on. If she was honest with herself, it'd be a bit of both.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:40 am »

Leo sighed and patted Ciera's shoulder.

"Perhaps you are inexperienced, but that is nothing to be ashamed of. You'll never get better at, for example, fighting by just doing drills over and over. You need to go out there and experience real combat for yourself. I never would have become as good as I am at healing without going out into the world and getting practical experience helping my friends and allies."

"The thing to do is learn and grow, and then shatter their expectations. Come back stronger than when you left. And don't worry about people worrying about you. If they do, it only means they care."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: February 20, 2015, 02:09:08 am »

Ciera shrugged.

"Not all worrying is good worrying... But... Maybe you're right. I guess... I guess we'll see."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: February 20, 2015, 02:13:52 am »

Leo folded his hands on the table again.

"Perhaps this is wrong for a priest to be saying, much less a saint... but if you think there's an attraction there, between you and Alec, then you ought to pursue it and see where it leads. Life is short, and it may end up shorter due to this rebellion. It would be a shame to never know what could have been."

"I know that following that advice has made me happier in a lot of ways... though I don't look forward to spending time with the future father-in-law..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: February 20, 2015, 02:18:12 am »

Ciera blushed and shook her head.

"No, it's not... I wouldn't... I don't want to make things anymore awkward or difficult for him than things already are. He has a lot on his plate and he doesn't need to know the ditz he's supposed to be making sure doesn't get herself killed has a crush on him. It's... fine."

She chuckled slightly though.

"It is kind of cute though. You and Sheila told me to do basically the same thing."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:08 am »

Despite himself, Leo chuckled slightly.

"She did, did she? I should have expected as much. She's very straightforward and aggressive."

"A 'ditz he's supposed to be making sure doesn't get herself killed'? Is that Matilda said?"

"Forgive me for my language, but what a colossal bitch. I'm sure Alec doesn't see you that way. He's too... easy-going, I think. Or at least that's the impression I get from him."

"Anyway, he's hardly the busiest out of us. I'm sure he can spare some time for you if you approached him. Maybe he would like to get to know you, too?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:34 am »

"No, that's not... I mean, yes she called me a ditz but... It's kind of true. And I know that. But she just said he should look out for me. I'm just... guessing off of how he reacted. He seemed annoyed and upset and... Yeah. I don't want to bother him. Besides... I could get called back to the Duke at any time now and be forced to leave you all. So... better to just not say anything. I'm... I'm sorry for just tossing this all on you out of no where. I think... I think I'm going to go lie down for a while."

She gave him a forced smile before heading down to her room. She flopped down on her bed, closed her eyes and sighed. Better to not bother him. She was enough of a burden already.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 510