Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333820 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #3270 on: January 25, 2015, 12:56:24 am »

Alec apparently caught Leo's outburst across the room. His jaw dropped and his face scrunched like his heart dropped in equal measure.
: "Wha..?"
: "N-note to self. Drop the Deadeye nickname for real."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 25, 2015, 12:59:41 am »

Leo rubbed his forehead.

"I don't understand in the slightest. But I suppose we shouldn't second-guess our blessings."

"I'm happy for you, Efa."

At least SOMEBODY was having a good day.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 25, 2015, 01:08:39 am »

Julius snapped to attention at the shout and started listening to their conversation intently, particularly Efa's explanation at her miraculous recovery. Idly he started fingering the odd mark he had looted in his pocket. There are item that makes you more powerful huh? Maybe if...

"pfff. As if I could be that lucky. he muttered
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:46:22 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 25, 2015, 05:11:27 am »

After all have gathered in the audience chamber, Matilda looked over.

"Where's Sonja and Candy?"

"As far as I have been informed, the pinkhair is gone for few days now. The magic girl has been last seen yesterday evening..."

"And the sword guy, Raphael?"

"I had him arrested." Matilda looked at Yonn wide-eyed, as if he was going to arrest her too.

"Don't get me wrong. But he quite matches description of a culprit who caused some problems last year on our island, so I'm holding him for a questioning."

//NPC: Raphael leaves the group!
//Sonja Lutece leaves the group!
//Candy leaves the group? Who knows!

"...Allright. It's not like I'm hiring anymore." She took a breath and looked at Leo, Sheila, and then glanced at the rest. She then handed a bag of gold to Julius, who stood the closest.

"This is one thousand coins. I know it's not the sum my father told you about, but this morning we got a letter via pegasus rider. A ship carrying more rebel soldiers, supplies and armaments, plus coinage, is due to arrive in few hours and dock in a small harbor north of here. My father authorized me to give you as much as five thousand coins for your help. I will do just that so you keep silent. After that, you're free to go wherever, or even stay on the island." She looked at the mercenaries.

Party gains 1000 Gold!

"So, as a 'last assignment' I would ask you all to accompany me on a stroll to the harbor. I will give you your overdue money there, and then we depart ways."

"I'm afraid we will have to say our goodbyes here. Now that I govern the island, I can't be running around the island. Good luck in your travels, and take care." Yonn looked at the mercenaries in silence, as if he wanted to say anything more, but then just turned around and, walking past Alec, ventured upstairs.

//NPC: Yonn Kretos leaves the group!

"Anything else you guys have to do, or shall we go now?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:16:52 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 25, 2015, 05:20:59 am »

: "So...that's it? Just walk down to the docks with ya and help unload a boat? Don't seem too hard..."

While she lacked the business instinct of her father, even Grifen was a little dubious.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 25, 2015, 05:22:59 am »

"Basically... Because like damn I'm going to fetch the boxes and bags full of gold while you sit comfortably on your backsides here and sip fruity drinks inside the castle halls."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 25, 2015, 05:57:16 am »

Fruity drinks? They have fruity drinks? Folks didn't tell me about those. Wonder what they're like...

: "No, that ain't what I meant. It's just...after so much fightin' and all, movin' some boxes around just seems kinda strange. It ain't what we're used to is all. Not complainin' or anythin'." Grifen edged behind Fezz a little, not eager to bear the full brunt of Matilda's attention.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 25, 2015, 07:06:20 am »

"Prepare to leave, let's have this done with. Please?" Matilda let out a scoff and then marched down the halls and stopped at the top of the slop that winded up the hill into the palace. Last time she stood here was when they were just beginning the bloodbath...
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 25, 2015, 09:00:21 am »

Sheila shrugged. She'd been meaning to go into port to make some new purchases anyway. "C'mon people, let's get this over with."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:47 am »

Alec seemed to breathe a sigh and followed Matilda out closely.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: January 25, 2015, 10:19:06 am »

And so, the group left the Palace of Kretos, where they would never return nor see Yonn again.

Going north was an easy task; a dirt road led from the base of the hill, straight to the north, sometimes curving around a hill or two. This was a pleasant area; unlike most of the isle, there was no sign of heavy industry spitting clouds of dark smoke and tar into the already corrupted sky.

"I'm thankful for your support." Matilda suddenly spoke as they were in middle of the road.

"I, of course, do not want to force you anywhere, but you might want to stay out of the mainland... With Kretos in rebel hands, and my father's and uncles lands united, we might persuade those on the mainland who aren't fond of the Empire... so the fighting could... is that a dust cloud?"

Indeed, there was a dust cloud coming at them from the north, tiny at first but quickly becoming larger and larger. Matilda stopped the group and looked varily at the cloud. Galloping horses could be heard, but so could be heard heavy wind, with made the dust cloud definitely a product of magicks.

Twenty or so meters away from Matilda and the mercenaries, the force driving the cloud stopped. The dust began to settle down, revealing many silhouettes. Soon, the cloud cleared away enough to reveal...

"No! These are-"

"I'm glad I could meet with you, noble Matilda of Mireos! I am Imperial Commander Reinhard Eul." Matilda looked at him in shock.

"I do not believe in thinly veiled threats and pleasantries masking truth, so I will be brief. Matilda of Mireos, you have been charged with instigating rebellion, treason of highest order, genocide of loyal Imperial soldiers, assasination of Duke Kretos, unlawful possession of the Imperial Red Castle of Kretos, plus dealings with smugglers and the pirates of Arma."

"How did you- Lies! No! This is impossible!"

"Furthermore, I am here to inform you that all of the Mireosian nobility has been detained and are being questioned for their dealigns in this matter. The ringleader of the rebellion, Sigismund Mireos, has been executed yesterday evening. You are the remainder of the rebellion. When it came to dealing with you, I was worried that you might fortify your position in the Red Castle, but I'm glad to see that my first venture into deceit have proven profitable. Our ally did splendid work."

"An ally!? And who would-" Matilda's speech was cut short as something akin to shriek and air being sucked out came as a single noise out of her throat. Her faced turned pale as she understood several things.

"Lady Matilda, I am here to impose the capital punishment of the Empire upon your head. Lay down your arms and accept death gracefully. I shall deliver it-"

"Accept death!? I do not think so!" She stepped aside, giving Eul a good look at the people behind her.

"Those mercenaries are stronger and more skilled than any of your soldiers. With their undying loyalty and immeasurable help, I was able to go so far! They're loyal to the cause, and like hell they will allow an Imperial dog to simply cut me down!"

"Oh really?" Commander Eul then moved forth and looked at the mercenaries. His gaze fell upon Grifen and Sheila especially, and he squinted his eyes for a moment as if briefly remembering something. Then his expression cleared and he stopped concentrating on the two.

"Mercenaries! I am an Imperial Commander, and just like I can punish criminals in the name of the Empire, I can clear their names as well. Drop your weapons, stand aside, and I swear, on my honor, that after a simple questioning, I shall let-"

"Questioning!? Ha! Everyone knows you're speaking about days of cruel torture, you dishonorable dog!" Matilda turned to look at her ex-hired blades. "Don't listen to him! He will torture you, then eviscerate the males and turn girls into consort women for his lieutenants! Come with me, let us stand against this mongrel; if we slay him, this will be a tremendous blow to the Empire! If we defeat him, clearly we can defeat the Empire!" Matilda was short on breath and her voice was erratic, as if she was slipping into borderline madness.

~~Player Turn 1~~

"Mercenaries! My offer will be valid for only few moments more!"

"Help me! Do not let the agents of the cruel and corrupt Empire win!"

Objectives:
Kill Commander Eul and his elite squad, thus giving the rebellion a new hope,
OR:
Let the Empire strike back; move back and allow Eul to kill Matilda.

Enemies stats here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:13 am »

A low growl began to rise from Sheila's throat. Why did this have to happen? Why now? More so... What would they do? Yes, Matilda was scum. But the Empire wasn't better. Further, she didn't know this Eul character. Would he be true to his word? Or would he turn his troops against her and her friends once he was done with Matilda?

Sticking with the rebellion had never seemed like a good idea to Sheila. And now they were almost all gone. Only Matilda remained- If Eul wasn't full of shit, anyway. But she didn't doubt him in that respect. This half-baked scheme had been doomed to failure from the word 'Go'.

The pirate girl stood motionless, axe in hand, teeth bared, only her eyes darting back and forth between Matilda and Eul.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:45 am »

Efa clenches her teeth, and speaks... not calling out for Eul to hear, but the others of her group.
:"I do not like the helping out the empire, even... even if it's just standing by and letting them kill her."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:00 am »

"Believe me, I hear ya." Sheila's axe hand trembled. Leo didn't have a staff right now, and they only had so much medicine... Fighting would be brutal, maybe deadly. But could she just turn her back and let the empire kill Matilda? Just like that?

Yeah. She could. But would the rest?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:37 am »

With a sigh, Leo moved in front of Matilda protectively.

"I made a promise to your father. Even if I do not agree with your rebellion or your methods, I will not break my promises."

They're all I have.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 510