Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333822 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #3255 on: January 25, 2015, 12:14:46 am »

"Preacher is fine; I'm used to it. I suppose to others of my order I would be Father Belmonte instead of Brother Belmonte, now. I'd prefer to stay 'Leo' to my friends."

"Well, at least you think so. Even if I heard that about the hair. Everyone hates it."

Leo looked away for a moment and sighed.

"Grifen, do you and Sheila... talk much?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 25, 2015, 12:22:33 am »

Sheila looked at her reflection in Miguel's eyes, then quickly looked away. She had seen a scared girl, face streaked with tears. In fact, in the dim reflection, she didn't even see her scar. But her mind superimposed the imperfection over the reflection. "Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not... But what I see isn't what's important here." Sheila stepped away from Miguel and sighed, rubbing the handkerchief over her face again. Maybe the others wouldn't notice if she just acted like nothing was wrong. Oh yeah, that's always been a winning strategy. Her shoulders slumped again at the thought. It didn't change the fact that she didn't have any better options though, so she'd have to stick with it.

The pirate girl put on her best bright face and gave Miguel his handkerchief back. "We should probably get moving. I bet Matilda's getting impatient by this point. And don't tell anyone about this, okay?" With that, Sheila made her way to the audience chamber.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:27 am »

That was a relief; Grifen was so used to calling religious leaders "preacher" that she wasn't sure she could handle changing it. She shook her head at Leo's question.

: "Ehhh...not as much as I'd like. Been meaning to talk to her again after Bosslady's meeting. Maybe go do somethin' fun together." Sheila walked in at that point, and Grifen waved at the pirate.

: "There she is now!"

: "...she don't look so good..." The nomad took a step in Sheila's direction, unsure if the other girl wanted to talk.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:23 am »

Leo started to say something, saw Sheila walk in, and immediately closed his mouth and looked down. Grifen was already leaving to check on Sheila anyway.

Damn it. There goes any chance of getting a neutral perspective on matters from Grifen now... and she's the only person who Sheila talks to that much. Maybe I'll speak to Miguel later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 25, 2015, 12:32:05 am »

At this point, Efa walks into the room, now not only with her other eye exposed but with new armor on. ...she looked over the decidedly unhappy room.
:"Hmmm..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 25, 2015, 12:39:11 am »

Leo looked up at Efa, gave her a nod of acknowledgement, looked back down, then looked back up with a puzzled expression.

"Efa?"

"You... look different."

He wanted to compliment her new appearance, but given how Sheila was obviously already feeling and the advice Alec had given him, he thought doing so would hurt her even further... even if he meant nothing beyond a simple compliment.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 25, 2015, 12:44:53 am »

:"...yeah, I used the fancy bolt thing Grifen gave me; I should be able to actually hit things now."
She looked again at the rest of the room; Sheila looked... to say the least, upset, though Efa of course had no inkling of the situation.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 25, 2015, 12:46:19 am »

"Oh. Why is that?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 25, 2015, 12:46:59 am »

Alec, only catching a glimpse at Efa from across the room, ran his hand through his hair, exasperated.
: "Classy-mask, Mop-top, now Deadeye. It's like the universe is mocking my little habits..." Alec muttered under his breath

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 25, 2015, 12:47:19 am »

Her smile was fake. Having put one on for the course of several years, it was painfully easy to spot. She wasn't quite ready yet to present herself, and both of them knew it. But the situation demanded her attention, so this little pep talk would just have to do for now. He put on his best comforting smile and clapped her on the shoulder as they walked.

: "Have no fear m'lady! I am bound by my knight's honor to not say a word of this encounter. I am if nothing, a man of discretion."

: "Just ask my third wife. I'm certain that she would love to verify that one. Hohoho!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 25, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

...admitting the blind eye issue to Grifen was one thing; admitting it to people she'd omitted it from for months was perhaps different. Especially when they were all clearly melancholy.
:"Ah, well, you know. It's one of those charms that makes you more powerful. Also I was blind in one eye and now I'm not."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 25, 2015, 12:52:09 am »

"I'm sorry, what was that? You were BLIND?"

Leo had clearly not heard the entire whisper.

"Well, er.. in that case... all things considered, your shooting was quite impressive."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:09 am »

:"Uhm. W-well, in the one eye that I had covered, yeah..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 25, 2015, 12:55:30 am »

"I... see? Now you're not blind?"

Leo didn't understand.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 25, 2015, 12:55:58 am »

:"...the bolt fixed it, basically?"
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 510