Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 332833 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »

"Anytime. You're a good man, and a better friend. There'd have to be something pretty important for me to give you up, y'know."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »

Leo wondered for a moment what exactly she meant by that last statement.
A ship is a good place for shipping. :p
"Thank you. I try my best."

The priest scratched the back of his head and laughed.

"I wouldn't like to lose you. You're fun to be around, and you're not afraid to stand up for yourself and others."

That wasn't his path in life, but he did admire her determination to protect her friends. That and her easy-going lifestyle. He sometimes felt that he should be that way as well, and would've been had circumstances in his life been different... but he was content with being a priest and with his vows, and his skills helped keep the group together. He was satisfied with that arrangement. He decided to go back to what she had said earlier and tease her about it.

"So... what would be important enough to 'give me up' for, hmm?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »

Sheila was taken aback. I wonder what brought that on.

"Well. If I had to leave you behind in order to reunite with Daddy... I guess that'd be important enough."
It'd been more than a year now since Sheila had been separated from her father. Sometimes... She worried that he might be gone. She pushed the thought away. More teasing would be in order. "Maybe if we were lovers, you wouldn't have to worry about that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:47 pm »

"Uh... Well. That's awkward. I mean. It's. Well then. Um."

"I'm... not adverse to the idea of love, but I, well... The brothers and sisters of Ironmill are expected to be pacifists and stay chaste until marriage."

"It's not like I'll lose my abilities if I were to deviate from these vows, but I would be very disappointed in myself and my inability to hold to them. And I dislike the idea of hurting someone... these hands are for healing, not harming."

Although I would be lying if I denied that it was difficult to uphold the latter vow sometimes... but I wouldn't trade my friendship with these women for, let's say less temptation in my life.

The only thing to do was to try to change the subject slightly.

"That's me, anyway. What sort of ideals do you try to live up to?"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:08:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »

"Oh, you know, violence and hedonism. The good stuff." Sheila laughed softly. She wouldn't call it a giggle. "Really, I don't know that I live for ideals at all. I just... You know, try to keep the people close to me safe and happy, and try not to stomp all over everyone else." By now the two had reached the stern. "There she is. Go get 'er, tiger."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2013, 05:22:19 pm »

"At least you're honest, right?"

He nodded to Sheila's final comment - although he'd think of himself as more of a housecat than a tiger - and approached Sara.

"Ma'am? It's Leo and Sheila. Is now a good time to talk?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:49:42 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2013, 06:41:12 am »

: "Well, I'd say that I'm busy but..." Sara gestured to nowhere in particular.

: "I'd be lying if I said so.  What did you want to talk about anyway? I mean, I have a few guesses but you never know when someone pulls a surprise on you."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

"I suppose I wanted to talk about you, and what you wanted to talk to Sheila about."

"I know we haven't gotten along at all since we started out on this job, but I still believe that the problem is just that we misunderstand each other. Maybe if I knew more about you, we could figure this thing out. You know?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »

: "I was going to apologise to sheila, up until she burnt down her half of the bridge, so to speak. So I'm not really going to bother with that anymore if that's irrepairable."

: "And as for me? You know my name, that's more than enough. You don't need more than that."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

: "I was going to apologise to sheila, up until she burnt down her half of the bridge, so to speak. So I'm not really going to bother with that anymore if that's irrepairable."

Sheila quirked an eyebrow at this, but said nothing. Pull the other one, bitch, it's got bells on. I wonder if Leo is going to buy this shit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:08 pm »

"I see. I'm afraid I have to insist on at least a few details, though. For example, why are you trying to lead us? There are many conjectures I could make about your reasoning, but I would prefer to here it from the woman herself."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2013, 12:58:20 am »

: "I believe I've already said why. If there was more, I'm not talking about them."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2013, 01:07:42 am »

Leo sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Elenore..."

"I just..."

"...I don't know."

"I don't want us to be enemies, but those bridges you mentioned? They have to built from both sides. I'm doing my best on this end but I need your help, too. So... I guess I'll go first. Ask me anything."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:52 am »

: "Except I don't particularly care to know anything about you. The best I can do here is to offer a clean slate; No more orders, and an apology to those that did get offended by them. That fair enough?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:54 am »

"...I suppose it's the best I'm going to get, isn't it?"

Leo asked ruefully.

"Very well, we'll do it that way then. Maybe someday we'll reach a better understanding. Take care of yourself."

He reached out for a moment as if to pat her shoulder, then thought better of it and went over back to Sheila.

"That went about as well as it could, I feel. What do you think?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 510