Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333316 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #2475 on: September 18, 2014, 04:16:28 pm »

Grifen nodded, remounted her horse, and rode over to Yonn.

: "Lead the way, mister." Just before the two left, she turned back and waved to her friends.

: "Y'all stay safe while I'm gone, y'hear?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 18, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

Sheila scowled a little. "...Yeah. That makes sense. I still don't like it though."

Sheila looked up and Grifen, and returned her wave along with a wan smile.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: September 18, 2014, 04:21:30 pm »

Leo waved.

"Be safe, Grifen."

He turned back to Sheila.

"...I don't either. To be fair, I don't like any of this rebellion business..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 18, 2014, 04:27:31 pm »

"I know. It's all well and good pointing out that the Empire is terrible- But we can't know that whoever Matilda plans on putting in the Emperor's place will be any better. Hell, they could be worse. Seems to me it would probably be best to let sleeping dogs lie, at least for now."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: September 18, 2014, 04:30:07 pm »

@Raphael

: "Hey, Raphael! Once this is over, want to help me on a SPECIAL QUEST?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: September 18, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »

"I agree. Even if they put someone with the best of intentions in charge, eventually they will become as useless and corrupt as the current emperor. That's what happens when someone is given too much power."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:57 pm »

"I dunno about that. I mean, if you found just the right sort of person to sit the throne, you could have a ruler that actually do their job and do it right. That's kind of an ideal situation though."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: September 18, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »

"Possible, but extremely unlikely..."

(And off to work. Later)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 18, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »

Fezz nodded and waved back to Grifen when she rode off. "Be safe." The historian called out after the growing distant nomad.

He had been quiet all through the journey and funeral, paler than usual when he glanced at the once-enemies' funeral, but by now having regained his color. While quiet though, he seemed to have obsessively kept himself preoccupied while on the journey, always doing something to focus on.

Hearing his named called, the historian turned from handling a ruined book, placing it back in his cloak before turning his full attention to what was going on. "Think about what?" He asked, glancing to the others (particularly Matilda) as he realized after he spoke this was a partially-clandestine conversation he was being invited in from the looks of it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:37:00 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 18, 2014, 05:42:45 pm »

"Well... Basically, do you think it's really possible to have one person with unchecked power not eventually becoming terrible and lazy and basically toxic to their country ruling the world?" Sheila glanced at Leo, then back to Fezz again.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:14 pm »

Fezz was silent for a bit as he thought about it, before speaking: first slowly, then with rising surety. "That's... An oddly philosophical question to ask a historian. I've read and learned about many kings and queens, puppet princes and ruling regents. While the further back one goes, the harder information is to verify and the more... Colorful it becomes, due to its sources."

"I suppose in theory it would be possible, there have been thesis' and rhetoric about 'philosopher-kings,' those who rule with their heart, their head, and their soul; with the wisdom to see and act when necessary, and to take advice when needed. Such a person may exist. I've certainly heard many claims of prior rulers to be called one, on the same page that lists atrocities anywhere from mass, family-wide executions to raised taxes." The scholar attempted a joke, but sensing it feeling flat, coughed awkwardly and resumed in a more serious tone.

"There have been just kings in the past, one who has earned their positions to later sire one who became corrupted by their father's position. I've read about the opposite, corrupt queens or kings who have children who right their parent's wrongs. Of course, the prior rhetoric never spoke of leadership being inherited, instead, rather those with the most worth and wisdom. But who's to judge that?"

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: September 18, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

Sonja looked at Fezz in admiration.

: 'Once this is over you should tell me about these stories, it really sounds fascinating!'

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: September 18, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »

"I think that's the main problem, you get an Emperor, and you have to take what you get. I mean, if you're at sea, and the captain's a stoneheaded, cowardly noodle, you pick a new captain and have the old one step down. Sometimes you have to mutiny, if you've got people who are still loyal to the clod, but it isn't something that takes years to resolve. And more importantly, you know the kind of man you're putting in power! But with Kings and stuff you just take what you're given and if he sucks, whoops, too bad, you get to have everyone and their uncle fighting over who gets to sit in the big chair next."

"If we could choose them after we've seen them work, like governing a city or something, I think it'd work better."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »

Alec slowly pulled the leather-bound book and quill from his pack, staying near enough to the others to listen, but far enough to stay out of the conversation. He quietly started scribbling something far in the back of the book, taking breaks only to look around from person to person.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 510