Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333199 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #2190 on: July 28, 2014, 12:29:16 pm »

Fezz returned the nod with a "Greetings" to Raphael, before continuing on with speaking to Candy. "I'm afraid it wasn't as productive as yours, we searched for possible older sections of the port to perhaps glean about the city's past, but we mostly just got accosted by drunkards. If we have a return trip, a second attempt will be more fruitful I wager."

Turning his attention back to Raphael, Fezz expanded upon his greeting. "So you're to join us? An extra sword arm is always appreciated, let me properly welcome you then: I am Fezz Scordato, journeyman historian, trained by the esteemed Alberto Scordato." The man figured Grifen would probably wish to introduce herself, leaving a pause for her to do so. "I trust Candy informed you about our destination and situation?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: July 28, 2014, 12:42:52 pm »

: "Nice to meet ya, fella. Name's Grifen. I'm in this group too."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44:47 pm »

"What he told me is that your employer is wealthy, important, and we're leaving to somewhere by boat." He then nodded to Grifen as well.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: July 28, 2014, 01:21:04 pm »

For the most part, Sara had mostly taken to the skies, practising her wyvern riding. Landing upon the deck of the ship, she looked down at them.

:"Hey, who's the new face?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: July 28, 2014, 01:22:23 pm »

"That's correct, yes." Fezz nodded, wondering if he should explain things further. If Candy hasn't, perhaps there is a reason for such. Hopefully a benevolent reason. But Candy doesn't seem like the kind of person to trick someone maliciously, at least not on purpose.

"Its good to have you on our side, Raphael. We'll be heading to Kretos soon when our employer deems it time, sooner than later most likely. I'd say what we'd be doing there, but I'm afraid I'm a bit vague on the specifics myself. "

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: July 28, 2014, 01:42:50 pm »

The group finally boared the ship; in the commotion and arrival of Raphael (whose 'employment' Matilda commented with fiery voice), no one noticed dissappearance of Sakura. Her absence was noticed few hours later, but the captain had a schedule to keep... oh well!

~~Chapter 3: Soot and Tears~~

The ship captained by Gustav Inara docked at the harbor of Tyll, the main trading and metallurgy hub of the Kretos, in the morning next day. The bleak green hue of morning's sky was shadowed by the thickness of black smoke coming from numerous chimneys in the city. Smelters, furnaces, casting workshops, shipyars and houses - all were producing smoke. From time to time, strings of white smoke, produced by steamworks, mixed with the darkness; Kretosians have been experimenting with steam power for a decade now, trying to create steam-powered ships, furnaces and such marvels. It was this 'nation within Empire', an island of tinkerers and smiths, that was Matilda's destination...

The young man cried when the whip smacked him over the back. He was slacking off, hampering the effort of his group to pull the newly repaired caravel, down the dock, into the water. Topless men were numerous; carrying, pushing and pulling heavy weights, whilst fat overseers yelled insults at them and whipped their bodies at the slightest sign of laziness.

Besides slaves working themselves to death, one other sight was common as well: beggars. Most striking was the fact that a large numbers of them; dirty, in tarnished clothes, as young as ten years old. One can imagine what kind of terrible things happen to them everyday...

Matilda disembarked with her mercenaries in tow.

"The only place I never hoped to visit." Raphael grumbled at the sights.

A young man in clean, white robe - a sight very much in contrast with the soot-stained, scar-decorated slaves passing nearby - moved up to Matilda and bowed his head in greeting.

"I assume you're certain someone from Mireos on certain important mission." He said enigmatically, making Matilda raise an eyebrow.

"I might be, indeed. Why do you ask, and who are you?"

"That's not important." He then reached into his robe and pulled out a small scroll, before handing it over to Matilda. She un-rolled it and read it slowly.

"Oh, are there any problems?..."

"Not at all. Just slight misunderstanding resulting in a tiny delay. Yonn will meet you on your way to the Red Palace of Knossos, m'lady. If you take the southern gate, the road shall take you straight there. There are few inns on the way, and your journey should be comfortable and not longer than a day."

"Allright then. We will go immediatelly." She handed the scroll back to the man, who bowed, and then quickly walked off. Matilda looked to the side as a sound of whip striking flesh and someone's scream came from the left side.

"I of course heard that this place has its problems but... I don't think this is the price that people of this land should pay for abundance of resources. Do you guys need to do any shopping? From what I heard, weapons and other metal crafts on this island are dirt cheap."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: July 28, 2014, 01:45:46 pm »

:"Most of them already spent the money back in Arma. There's not much we could likely afford even if the weapons are cheap here."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: July 28, 2014, 01:55:07 pm »

Grifen shook her head vehemently.
: "I don't care if we had the Emperor's vault with us, I ain't givin' money to a buncha slavers! This place is so horrible..."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: July 28, 2014, 02:27:02 pm »

"I must agree, I'd rather we leave this place sooner instead of later." Fezz nodded in confirmation with Grifen, trying to ignore the scene around him with lesser success.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

"This is terrible." Sheila said, staring at the massed slaves set at their tasks. "...When can we leave?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:32 pm »

Efa grit her teeth together as she observed the whippings, filth, and everywhere soot.
:"Kretos doesn't deserve a damn coin from us. Let's get out of here. ...hell, I bet this whole mission could help deal with this."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 28, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

Matilda took them through the main streets, so they only saw the 'brightest' face of the island. Attrocities and total despair was propably hidden in the alleys...

The journey was uneventful and peaceful. Compared to slave-filled city, the countryside was rather pleasant. The ground, rocky and lacking in ground water, was carved into parcels with irrigation channels that supplied water to the hundreds of acres of farmlands. What wasn't covered in farmland, was filled up by hills. Trees were sparse; singular specimens grew in middle of the farms or on the hillsides, but there was nothing that could be even called 'a glade'.

It begun when Matilda's group faced a roadblock - apparently, a village struck by plague was under quarantine and all traffic stopped in and out. The captain of the unit blocking the road kindly pointed Matilda to another route toward Red Castle; an old, overgrown road in the hills.

An hour later, following the barely visible cobblestones, the group encountered some armed men led by a horseman with peculair hairstyle and shining bronze armor.

"Halt!" He shouted. When Matilda stopped, he nodded toward her. "You're Lady Matilda, aren't you?"

"I am. You wear the armor of Kretos, and your green hair... you must be Yonn, grandson of the Duke."

"That is true."

Suddenly, few trees on the north hill wavered, shimmered and dissappeared into thin air, exposing ballistae - while whining of pegasi came from the southern side, as the men around Yonn drew their weapons and opened their spellbooks.

"Matilda! I won't let you kill my grandfather and seize his land! Your rebellious ways are over! The punishment for betraying the Empire is death!"

It's an ambush!
Apparently, an ally turning on them was something that didn't cross Matilda and her father's minds; the former was proof to this assumption, standing with mouth open and her face expressing pure shock and utter disbelief. Yonn in the meanwhile retreated to a higher position, protected by even more soldiers that rushed into the little vale.

~~Player Turn 1~~

Enemies stats!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 28, 2014, 04:36:41 pm »

: "What? You double-crossing... Damn it, this is just hilarious." Alec bitterly stated, head whipping around in an attempt to get a full count "And we're right in the open to boot." The bard's eyes constantly darted from enemy to the party's rear, his stance light on his feet.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:47:53 pm by CrimsonEon »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 28, 2014, 04:47:11 pm »

: "We gotta get away from those ballistas, pronto! Move back towards the west, I'll grab boss-lady!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 28, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »

:"Nice setup you have here, TOO BAD YOU'RE TOO DAMN STUPID TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT! AND DARK MAGES?! SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME A POT?!" Sara then turned to Matilda, somewhat accusingly.

:"Now, what's this about trying to kill his grandfather Matilda?"
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 510