Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333179 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #2160 on: July 26, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »

@Miguel:

"Righto. Have a nice day." The arena master mumbled, drawing a straight horizontal line on one of his numerous papers.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 26, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »

Miguel turned to leave with stormy thoughts.

Miguel goes and purchases an Iron Knife.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 26, 2014, 06:00:35 pm »

Iron Knife has been purchased by Miguel thusly.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 26, 2014, 06:08:57 pm »

Not knowing what else to do, Leo put his hand on Sheila's shoulder.

"...We may not have found any information of note here, but we'll find your father someday. I'm sure of it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 26, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

Sheila put her own hand over Leo's. "Well, it sounds like he survived the storm at least. I just need to keep looking.  Let's. .. Let's go back to the ship for now. "

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 26, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »

"All right."

Leo met Sheila's eyes for a moment, hoping to reassure her, then moved his hand away (he had probably had it there for an inappropriate amount of time, really) and started to lead the way back to the ship. He thought as he walked, speaking up at about the time they reached the gangplank.

"...I'm hoping this won't be considered rude, but pirates search for buried treasure and such, right? That's not just something that's only in plays and books? If so, maybe your father found a map and is tracking it down."

I would hope his first concern would be to find his daughter...

...but then maybe he is looking, and we just keep missing each other.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 26, 2014, 09:13:08 pm »

@Grifen

Fezz could only nod in response to Grifen, considering the prior replies from the port's inhabitants. There were more than a few uncomfortable moments where he touched one of his tomes inside his cloak, unsure if things would progress beyond talk.

"This port is rather unfriendly, isn't it? Uncouth brutes, drunken mongrels, and bloodsports. I expected more." The historian noted rather sourly, hoping that perhaps this place wouldn't be as lawless or as crude as told, and be an example of the lack of need for such control instead of for. He supposes he shouldn't of gotten his hopes up. The man sighed, trying to pushing away the negativity.

He really needed to take his brother up on those meditation lessons. ...And get around to spilling the beans on that. Never a moment alone with him though, but such thoughts did little to cheer the scholar up, instead focusing on what Grifen said.

"I think you may be right there, coin has a manner of loosening people up a bit, and I do indeed have some. I think a drink would rather do me well as well." Fezz smiled, although it wasn't entirely real. He paused for a moment however, his thoughts mulling something over, before speaking again, less sure than before.

"Hey, before we go to a tavern though... If you don't mind, do you think... You could help me with something? I've been trying to talk to Leo alone for a bit, but its rather hard to find time with all the hustle and bustle and small quarters on the ship. I don't know if you can help, but if you could I'd appreciate it."

The mage wasn't sure what else to say, or if he should of even said what he had. He can't help but find it a little odd to keep this a secret but... This isn't some small thing he needs to talk to Leo with. He needs to hear it first, alone, to avoid any sort of influence, mask, or other sort of factor. Fezz just feels it needs to be done this way, and it isn't something to put off for long, before anything might happen or he finds out another way.

Search for a friendly inn/tavern with Grifen!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 26, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

Sheila had to stop and laugh, actually laugh at what Leo had said. "Oh my god, do people really believe that? That's just something made up for those Shanty Pete stories! No, my dad wouldn't be hunting for buried treasure, pirates tend to pretty much spend it immediately rather than bury it." Sheila pulled her priest friend into a tight hug. "Sorry for laughing at you like that. But I needed that, so thanks."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 26, 2014, 10:02:52 pm »

Grifen nodded eagerly as Fezz explained what he needed help with.

: "I got an idea! See, what I'm thinkin' is that Leo will prob'ly try an find some quiet corner of the ship to work on magic lessons. Maybe he'll borrow the kitchen fer an hour or somethin'. Anyway, if ya wait nearby, after my lessons are done ya can ask Leo to speak with ya! And I'll just take off and tell folks that he's helping ya with that meditation he mentioned and that y'all can't be bothered." She adopted a stern voice and waggled her index finger at imaginary intruders.

: "'Now see here, y'all! This here meditation is very important fer Fezz and the preacher needs peace and quiet fer it to work! Y'all will have to wait a little fer yer lunch, got it?'" She glared for a few seconds more, then giggled and smiled.

: "...how's that? Think it might work?"

Also hunt for a friendly inn/tavern with Fezz.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 26, 2014, 10:46:20 pm »

"...!"

Leo wasn't expecting the sudden hug - and, he felt, he must have forgotten how strong Sheila was. But on the other side of the coin, he was a fairly tough fellow, so he could take it, and the situation being as... comfortable... as it was, he made no move to extricate himself.

"Er, well, that is to say... no harm meant by either of us, so, there is no need to apologize, I would assume, if you think so too, I mean."

He was a bit annoyed at himself for rambling so. Being around Sheila made him act like a fool sometimes, he felt, and that recent contribution to the conversation that had gone on entirely too long and with too many pauses didn't prove anything to the contrary in his mind. The priest took a moment to collect himself.

"Regardless, ignoring the fact that I've managed to lodge my foot in my mouth up to the ankle... you're welcome. Hearing you laugh is thanks enough."

It wasn't something he heard as much since they accepted this job. Sometimes it seemed there was very little to laugh about.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 26, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »

The idea that her laugh was enough thanks for Leo elicited another chuckle. "Flatterer." Sheila released her friend and began walking up the plank, stopping when she had actually boarded the ship. "Oh that's right, I forgot. Hey Leo, can I talk to you about what happened during the gargoyle fight?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:47 pm »

Leo followed her up the plank, although he almost bumped into her when she stopped. He took a step back and looked up - a little further up than he normally had to, given that she was taller than him but now he was standing below her - to see what she had on her mind.

"About Grifen? Yeah, I really put my foot in it there, too, but I don't think she wants to hear about it from me."

He left it at that for the moment though, waiting to hear Sheila's input on the subject.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 26, 2014, 11:54:39 pm »

Damn, looks like this is gonna be easy too. I guess this is karmic payback for getting recruited at swordpoint.

"Well, I already talked to her about it, and she isn't going to do it again. But it happened because you hurt her pride Leo. You should be more careful how you phrase things sometimes."

"Buuuuuuut based on what you just said about your foot, I guess you already worked that out. So, good for you! I'll be honest, I really didn't expect either of these talks to go nearly so smoothly. It's nice working with civilized people."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:54 am »

"I try my best, but as we've seen that doesn't always go as planned."

Leo sighed.

"Misunderstandings happen, even among reasonable adults. The best we can do is admit mistakes were made and try to do better in the future, without dwelling on events. I just hope she understands that I meant to tell Miguel his skills would be useful, not... insinuate hers weren't."

He leaned on his staff and looked down for a moment.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:38 am »

"So? When she gets back to the ship, take her aside, and make sure she knows. You can't leave that sort of thing to chance. A woman's heart is a delicate thing, you know?" Sheila turned around again and made her way to the rear of the Speedwings. "...Maybe we'll be able to find my dad in Kretos. Or find someone who's seen him. Anything at this point..."
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 510