Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333117 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1965 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:26 pm »

Leo merely parked himself on a crate, eyes closed, and enjoyed the crisp sea air while everyone else talked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »

: "Oh, so you're a historian?" Alec looked over to Fezz as he walked up and onto the ship's deck, "I think we'll have much to talk about, you and I. After all, it's going to be a long journey to Kretos."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 13, 2014, 11:47:43 pm »

The historian looked to the bard in surprise.

"Oh, are you perhaps a historian? Its been such a while since I've met a fellow college! Tell me, is there a period of time you focus on, or is it more general?" The scholar perked in attention noticeably at the prospect of speaking to a fellow scholar.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:40 am »

: "Ahah, you could say 'historian', but it really depends on your definition." Alec shrugged with a grin, "I personally work with legends, folklore, hearsay. Take the myths, line 'em up with the facts, see what's really behind them. That kind of thing."
The bard paused for a moment, looking contemplative with a click of his tongue.
: "It's not often I get to talk to scholar folk, cooped up with dear father in serving Mireos. Apologies if I can't really lend much to your own efforts."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:12 am »

Miguel was indeed inquisitive.

: "Well then! I suppose that explains why you don't look like mercenaries. It does my heart good to be joining up with a such a merry band as yours, if only for this moment in time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:22:44 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: July 14, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »

The historian paused for a moment, thinking on what the man had said. "There's often a grain of truth in any tale one hears, whether the rest be of exaggeration or flair. With the past and its often colorful spin with the ravages of time, they often combine and are sometimes inseparable." The scholar stated, before shrugging. "Close enough to be a fellow avid history-delver in my book."

"There's no need to apologize, my work is sadly halted anyhow until I can recover my prior mentioned personals from that blasted merchant. All of my work and research is out of my hands at the moment. I'd be more than thrilled for simply some like-minded conversation." His voice took a noticeably unhappy tone when referring to the merchant before returning to a more happier note.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 14, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

: "Exactly!" Alec shouted with an easily excited tone, "So many 'serious' people just brush off stories and hearsay, but they don't know what they can hold! 'Grain of truth', hah, you quoted me word for word!"
: "Mh, but losing your notes to a merchant? That'll be difficult to track down, you'll need contacts in trade if you hope to have a reasonable chance of finding the sod again." The bard scratched his chin, his expression pensive, searching his memory for something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 14, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

Grifen kept quiet whenever the merchant was mentioned. She blamed herself for Fezz losing his stuff; after all, if she had paid better attention to Bree, the horse would not have been sick with infection. And if the horse had not been sick, she could have caught up to the merchant's wagon easily. Fezz would have his things. She wondered if she could ever possibly make that up to him.

: "If ya don't mind me sayin', ya sound a little like my grandma, mister. Not many folks believe her stories either, and she can get pretty excited when I listen to 'em. She says that folks just don't wanna know the truth about stuff."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: July 14, 2014, 07:10:22 pm »

: "Ahah, well, I can't really say that myths and stories hold everything. For every bit of truth there is, there's hundreds of twists. But to get to the end of a path of tales that hasn't been traveled before, priceless!" Alec continued on proudly for a moment, then laughed, shaking his head.
: "Or at least, that's what I'd say. Anyway! Your grandma very much sounds like someone I'd like to talk to someday!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »

Sheila stepped onto the deck and made a contented little sound. "It really is nice to be at sea again." After looking around the Speedwing again, Sheila spotted Grifen.

"Hey Grifen, you got a minute? I need to talk to you about something."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:35 pm »

Grifen excused herself from the two historians and stepped over.

: "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 14, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

Sheila sighed and folded her arms, and said nothing for a moment. Then she brought one index finger up to her forehead, tapping it lightly. "Look, I know what Leo said bothered you. I know that we both know that you're a capable rider and fighter, and I get that you wanted to prove that. And you did, but that's not what I really want to talk to you about."

Sheila blew out a puff of air while searched for words. "I don't want you charging headlong into groups of enemies again while the rest of us struggle to catch up. What if one of those things got a lucky hit in and unhorsed you? Leo might not have been able to make it in time."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:41 am »

At first, Grifen felt a momentary stab of anger, thinking that Sheila was trying to treat her like a helpless little girl. Then she realized what the swashbuckler was saying, and she sighed as she hung her head, ashamed.
: "I know, I know! I wasn't bein' right in the head for a few minutes there, and I'm sorry. I just wanted to be strong n brave like my pa, but lookin' back he wouldn't have done what I did. He knew better than to charge off alone like that!"
: "Um...are folks mad at me? Is Preacher mad?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 15, 2014, 11:53:43 am »

Sheila breathed a sigh of relief. This was going easier than expected. "I have no idea what Leo thinks about it, I haven't had a chance to give him a talking to about the whole thing yet."

"But I'm not mad at you. Just worried. We're friends, and I'd like to keep you alive, you know? And I will tell you right now that when people get worked up and run off with big ideas on the battlefield, bad things happen."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 15, 2014, 12:11:34 pm »

Grifen winced. She really had been stupid, hadn't she?
: "Yer right, Sheila. I'm sorry, and I won't do somethin' crazy like that again. Lookin' back I know Preacher wasn't tryin' to be mean, but I just don't know what came over me."

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 510