Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333139 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 16, 2014, 09:30:32 pm »

"I been thinking about it, maybe a little bit afore I head into town on work." 

Tacey went in to the stable, coming back out after a moment with her own horse.  Mounting up, the two cantered over to beside Grifen.  Though Tacey herself was shorter than the younger woman when both were on foot, when mounted, the two combined were quite a bit taller. 

"There we go," she said, more to Creidhne than to Grifen and Bree.  She looked up, grinning.  "Creidhne seems pleased, too.  It ain't often we see other Masallan horses or riders, not since we crossed the Inner Sea."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:34 pm »

: "Paid for it. Still, it does what it was made to do well."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »

Grifen, who had been admiring Creidhne's size and power compared to her own little steppe pony, gasped at Tacey's sorta-kinda revelation.

: "I knew it! The speech, the riding skill...I knew you were from Masalla! It's been months since I met anyone from home."

: "But...I'm guessin' you've been here longer than me, right? How'd ya end up way out here, anyway?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 16, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »

Leo supposed that was all he was going to get out of Eleanor on that subject. Time to change the subject again.

"Something else I was curious about. If you're from here, and Matilda is the Duke's daughter... did you recognize her and join our group back at that inn to keep an eye on her?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

: "In a way, yeah." Sara said, slightly unsure about the topic...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:40 pm »

"Well, that's a part of the mercenary life.  Out on the frontiers, there's always plenty of opportunity for regular work compared to the homelands, and I didn't much fancy fightin' nothin' but monsters 'n cultists in the southern wastes." 

Not to mention the abundance of former frie...no, Imperial inquisitors on the borders there that might've recognized me, she thought inwardly.

"Leastwise, that's why I came west.  Biggest thing to worry 'bout out here are brigands and outlaws, and monsters like those great spiders 're rarer.  What 'bout you?  What brought you off the plains to the far end of nowhere?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:32 pm »

Leo sensed her unease and raised his hands to show he meant no harm.

"It's all right. I'm not going to demand that you leave or anything. You're wrapped up in this as much as the rest of us, and I merely wanted to get a sense of who you are."

"I get the feeling we'll be working together for a long time to come, no matter what happens, and I thought..."

He suddenly felt rather foolish and looked down.

"...just thought you might need a friend, that's all. Or at least someone who tries to understand you."

"I understand that you're not necessarily looking for friends. And that's OK. I'm not looking to change you. I just want you to know that if a time comes that you feel you need someone to rely on, you can come to me at least."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 16, 2014, 10:15:06 pm »

Sara nodded, before she replied
: "Thanks for the offer atleast, I should be fine."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 16, 2014, 10:27:07 pm »

: "Well, long story short I left home to become an adult...and I kinda got lost along the way...and now I'm far from home and no closer to actually becoming an adult. Dunno if ya got those sorts of quest things in yer part of Masalla."

: "Well, at least now I've got folks I can travel with. Three months with no one around but yer horse can get a little boring."

: "Anyway..." A part of her wanted to ask about Tacey's leg(s), but she knew better than anyone that some people preferred not to talk about things like that. So instead: "After you and Creidhne warm up a little, fancy a race? Just around the yard really quick, I mean."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31:06 pm »

Fezz yawned and stumbled onto the grounds of the keep yard, still holding onto the sack of coins Leo gave him. Shading his covered eyes from the light of the burning daystar, the scholar finally noticed the jingling bundle he was carrying fully and quickly stashed it away.

Cracking his back with an audible pop, Fezz trudged his way towards town until he noticed the two riders on horses a bit of a ways out. It was a moment before it clicked and the man waved at the two, giving a tired smile to the mercenaries. "Morning!"

A book fell from his cloak due to his waving and hit the ground with a soft thud. The mage quickly retrieved it and placed it back, grumbling to himself before turning back to the two. "You two seem well and awake!" While fatigued, the man seemed quite chipper.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:12 pm »

Leo looked at her a moment before nodding back.

"OK. I won't press the subject any further."

He leaned on his staff.

"There was one other thing I wanted to get off my chest. This... rivalry... between you and Sheila. I understand that not everyone can get along. There are too many different people with too many different experiences and ways of thinking. Life is conflict. Therefore I'm not going to ask you - or her - to stop, as much as I'd like the both of you to. It's just human nature, and there's no changing that."

"All I'll ask is... maybe try not fight among yourselves quite so viciously while we've got a more dangerous enemy around. I'll ask the same of her, too."

"Sheila is a good friend, and I don't like seeing her suffer so."

Leo sighed and looked down.

(Well, bed time, Tar. Do you want to keep it going tomorrow?)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:48 pm »

Not having a whole lot to buy, Efa decided to figure out something that was plaguing her: was her aim that bad or was her recent streak of misses a fluke?
As such, she looked for a target range or something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 16, 2014, 10:36:38 pm »

Grifen waved back to Fezz, grinning as she did so.

: "Mornin' sleepy! Bout time ya woke up!" Of course, she said this in an easy-going joking manner. "Come on over, we country girls are just horsin' around."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 16, 2014, 10:42:38 pm »

At the word race, Creidhne nickered. 

"Seems even if I said nay, my partner'd never let me hear the end of it.  A quick race'll be a good way to see if I'm still up to snuff."

As Fezz called out, she glanced over, still relaxed. 

"Well now, not quite woken up from last night's fuss?" she called out, her own tone jocular as well.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »

"Never slept actually! Couldn't really, so I decided to do something useful and read the book I bought from Ms. Airgeat." Fezz explained as he made his way over to the two, keeping a cautious distance from the horses.

"Thanks again for selling that to me, by the way. Surprisingly much more enlightening than I initially thought, well worth the costs." The scholar thanked Tacey, revealing the book that he had dropped moments ago. It was riddled with varying bookmarks now, the spine well creased.

Something finally dawned on his tired mind. "I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?"

[MINOR EDIT HOO "Ms. Tacey" -> "Ms. Airgeat" after revelation of being told last name prior.]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:53:00 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 510