Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333159 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1350 on: January 14, 2014, 02:30:47 am »

Grifen nodded and closed her eyes, focusing on deep breaths. That part was pretty simple, but what did Leo mean by her "center"? And how was she supposed to find it?

Once she was reasonably certain it wasn't anything to do with her body, she turned her attention inward. Emotions, thoughts, memories...ah. That one seemed like the right one.

: "I...I think my center is my Pa. He's always been there through good times and bad."

: "I kinda miss him right now, though."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 14, 2014, 02:44:14 am »

Leo smiled for a moment, but his eyes remained closed.

"That is a good center. I miss my parents as well. I promised, and so I will tell you. My center is a vivid memory as a child, of dandelion seeds floating on the wind. It reminds me that all life is both beautiful and transient."

Leo continued to breathe quietly, his body becoming quite still.

"Take the memory of your father and let it envelop you, until it is as if he is standing by your side."

This would be the hard part. No initiate could complete their focus on their first try; indeed, it had taken Leopoldo a few months to become fully in touch with his center. He felt he should reassure her of that fact.

"Do not worry if it doesn't happen this time. The important thing is to learn focus and clarity. Finding and attuning yourself to your center will serve to boost both, and nurture the growth of magic inside you."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 14, 2014, 04:44:35 am »

@Candy:

"Hmm, so Divolas then. That's... a little distressing. Still, we won't be able to do anything much about it. Unless your 'family' have told you anything, that's it. Is there anything else you could tell me?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 14, 2014, 03:20:59 pm »

Grifen concentrated as best she could. Leo was right, this was difficult. She could see her father's face clear as day, heard his voice as if he were speaking right now. The problem was that she had meant it when he had been there through good times AND bad, and for every memory which brought a smile to her face there was a flash of things she'd rather forget, and that would ruin her focus. After a few moments she opened her eyes.

: "Sheesh, you weren't kiddin' preacher. Trying to lock onto one idea is like trying to shoot down a particular bird in one big flock. I can see why this might take some practice."

: "Well, ya said when I joined up that it would take some time to show any results, so I can't say that I didn't know what I was gettin' into."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:33 pm »

@Duke

: "Welllllll Manna approached me when we first arrived here, but I didn't think anything about his weird vague threats. If he'd said he was going to try to hurt you, I would have spoken up! You can understand honor between families, right? Even ones that hate each other?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 15, 2014, 10:15:18 am »

"Of course. It took me a long time to get in the correct state of mind."

Leo opened his eyes.

"I suppose that's enough for now. Trying to force it only leads to frustration. Let me know the next time you wish to meditate with me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 15, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »

: "Yeah, sounds good. And I will. Thanks preacher, I 'preciate it."

She gave Leo a brief, friendly hug before getting up.

: "Y'oughta get some sleep now that there ain't a buncha guards tryin' to arrest us. Somethin' tells me we'll be busy the next couple a days."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 15, 2014, 07:21:48 pm »

Leo returned the hug.

"You're welcome. I must say it's interesting to be the teacher rather than the student for once. I only hope I'll be good at it."

Grifen mentioned sleeping.

"And you as well, of course. I think I might stay up a little bit longer."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 15, 2014, 08:04:33 pm »

: "You'll do fine! Just make sure to get some sleep. Wouldn't do to have ya passin' out on yer next patient if we get in another fight."

With that, Grifen returned to her own bed, taking the candle with her. As she usually did when woken up in the middle of the night, she set it up where she could watch it as sleep took hold once more.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »

Sheila closed the door to her room behind her as she came back out into what could be considered the common area of the guest quarters. Sleep had seemed like her best recourse... But she kept thinking too much to allow sleep to drift in. Unfortunately, there was nothing to do at this hour, at least here in the castle. Still, perhaps there were still a couple people who couldn't fall asleep yet either.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 15, 2014, 08:41:02 pm »

Leo also wandered out roughly a minute after Sheila did, and gave her a discrete wave in greeting.

"Hello. Unable to sleep after that disturbance?"

He spoke softly, so as not to wake the others.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 15, 2014, 08:56:06 pm »

"Something like that." Sheila said, also careful to keep her voice down. "Kind of hard to relax in this scenario I suppose." Sheila ran a hand through the back of her hair.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »

Leo nodded.

"Agreed. I don't like that we were all pressed into this service at blade point, and I told the duke as much.  Speaking of the duke, what do you make of this assassination attempt? I slept through all the commotion myself, although Grifen told me about it."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 15, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »

"To be honest, it would have been nice if it had succeeded. We could have gotten away in the commotion." Sheila said, lowering her voice a little more. "I didn't see any of it though. The first we found out about it was when they came in and tied up Candy. They actually believed that guy could've been the assassin." Sheila shook her head.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 15, 2014, 09:26:08 pm »

"I don't understand it either. Candy couldn't hurt a fly. He's... a little strange, admittedly, but he's a good soul."

Leo leaned on the wall and crossed his arms, looking down.

"...I don't like to wish ill of anyone. And if we were to truly get away free, all the guards in that room and Matilda would have to die as well - anyone who ever knew we were here and recruited. But... I do understand and even to some extent agree. I liked it when we could live free and wander as we pleased."

Leo looked down.

"I wonder how things would have turned out if we had refused Matilda's job. We never would have met Grifen, Fezz, Roderic, Julius, or Tacey, and that would be a shame. They seem like good people. But then again, it probably would still just be me, you, Sakura, Efa, and Maible."
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 510