Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333212 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1260 on: October 26, 2013, 01:14:40 pm »

Leo looked it over and scratched his head.

"Like I told Sheila, I'm not really a good judge of weaponry. Regardless I'm sure it will be quite useful."

"...If we keep working for Matilda, you may have a chance sooner than you think. Speaking of, that's something we need to think about. Did this job end when she got here? Will she have further work for us? Are we all going to stay together?"

Leo shrugged.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 26, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

: "Well, I'm kinda hoping we stick together. If we do end up splitting I wouldn't mind going with you and Sheila."
: "...If--iffen ya don't mind, that is. If that wouldn't work, guess I'd just go back to wanderin' around."
: "In any case, yer turn preacher. What's it like where yer from?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 26, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »

"Of course I don't mind! I made a promise and I intend to keep it."

Grifen then asked where he was from.

"Well, I'm from the city of Anteos, in the northwestern Troian Empire, about one week's hard travel from the border of Syra. It's a pretty large city. I didn't see all of it when I lived there."

He made some indicative motions with his hands as he talked.

"The city is on a hill and broken up into districts. The farther up you make it, the wealthier the district. There are obvious symbolic connotations with it, but I can see that the real intent originally was to protect the city center by forcing invaders to fight their way uphill, and that the poorer sections developed as a result of city growth. Luckily, no such battles have occurred in the last thirty or so years."

"My family lived in a one room shack, nestled up against the outer fortifications of Anteos. It wasn't a bad place to live, I suppose, although that may be nostalgia talking. I will admit that sicknesses did tend to spread quickly, and there were quite a few nights where my family had to go hungry, but it wasn't all bad."

He trailed off, looking down for a moment.

"...I still want to go back someday."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 26, 2013, 02:24:24 pm »

Grifen listened carefully to Leo's story, fascinated by the visuals he described (even if she probably got them wrong in her head).
: "Wow...preacher, yer even further from home than I am. Yer home sounds way more exciting too."
: "So, why do you wanna go back? Are ya missing yer family, or do you wanna heal sick folk, or what?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 26, 2013, 02:38:42 pm »

"A bit of both..."

"...But I don't know how the people I grew up with would receive me. The slums were a very... tight knit community. Some of the guys were already making fun of me for learning how to read. It's... difficult to put into words exactly. I feel that maybe they think I'll think I'm better than them and are just taking pity on them if I go back wanting to help, and the people of Anteos - especially the lower classes - are quite proud."

"...That's why I haven't gone back yet."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 26, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »

: "...You must've been gone a while, huh? Sorry preacher, I ain't got any advice for ya."

: "Other than that ya should go back, I mean. Even if the folks there don't want yer help, I'm sure yer family will be happy to see ya again, especially now that yer a priest and stuff."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 26, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

"It is kind of scary. Going home after being gone for a long time. But I think Grifen is right, Leo."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 26, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »

Efa finds Maible half way to the markets, she is not rushing.

OH, hi Efa how are you doing?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 26, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »

"Perhaps. We'll see where our journeys take us, I suppose."

"I do want to see my parents again, but it can wait until we're in the area."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »

Efa makes sure to modulate her bitch level; above harmless but below Elenore.
:"Right, so... Why would you choose a book about building confidence? I should think I'm quite confident enough."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 26, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »

Hm... Fezz decides he's wasted enough time, heads to the adventurer shop, checks their stock and buys a chest key with his new jingling coins.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 26, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »

You have all the signs of compensating for low self-esteem Efa, No-one should have to deal with that
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 26, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »

@Fezz:

And so Fezz bought a chest key.

Later that day...

Everyone finally gathered at Duke's office.

"Ah, I'm grateful you have waited. Whilst you were away, I've spoken with my daughter and I could prepare your rewards beforehand." He nodded as the guards began to give the mercenaries not only bags of money, but several other things as well...

Leo gets 3000 Gold!
Tacey gets 500 Gold!
Sakura gets Worm!
Julius gets Lockpicks!

"Now we need to talk about more serious business, my friends." The doors behind the mercenaries opened and several guards poured in, and Matilda, who was absent beforehand, entered as well.

"The documents you have helped fetch here are letters that could bring another purge in the Empire. Those are letters of various landowners and military officials supporting our secret movement, which aims for the downfall of the current Troian Emperor, Jurgen. A vile man like him cannot occupy the throne. Anyone could do, even one of the Imperial Generals, if only they weren't mostly rotten themselves."

"You need to understand one thing, though." Matilda interrupted. "We don't aim for the downfall and destruction of the Empire. We want to, hmm, 'vacate the throne' so someone better can sit on it."

"My daugther speaks not only for us, and people of Mireos, but for others too. Neithart didn't start the peace talks until we have introduced him to our movement. We have all this planned for a year now. It is time to set this plan in motion and you people will help Matilda and me achieve that goal." Some more guards appeared in the corridor and in the room as well.

"If one or more of you are loyal to the Empire, or do not wish to partake in this quest, you are free to refuse. Of course you understand that we have to protect our secret. Whoever refuses to join us, will be dead within next minute." The Duke nodded to the guards.

"Do you join our little rebellion, mercenaries?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:26:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 26, 2013, 04:28:01 pm »

Spoiler: Timewarp w/ Maible (click to show/hide)
Efa flashed a practically vicious grin.
:"Oh, I'm all too glad to."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 26, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »

Leo sighed.

"It is sad that we have to begin on grounds of little trust, for this leaves us no choice but to accept. And so I do."

"So what are we to accomplish next?"
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 510