Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333198 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1215 on: October 25, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

With his unfamiliarity with his surroundings and the people who were apparently his new coworkers, Julius had (eventually) managed to climb up a moderately sized wall near the castle and had taken a seat on top of it. There he had relaxedly stayed for the past half hour or so, just gazing out over the city. This was a thing heroes did right? Standing or sitting somewhere high up and just staring off into the distance?

...wow this was dull. How in the world did the heroes in the stories manage to just stand in one place doing absolutely nothing for so long? Not all that comfortable too. The wind blew more harshly up here, and was rather chilly too.

Tired of waiting for something to happen, Julius carefully started climbing down the footholds in the wall, making his way to the tree he had climbed up when he was getting up to his perch. He slowly lowered his foot onto a branch and smirked. But as he was bringing his other foot down he slipped, and just barely managed to grab onto the branch as he fell back. With a grunt he hoisted himself back up and managed to get down from the tree the rest of the way without incident.

Reflecting on what he heard the man with the blinding hair say the previous day, Julius decided to head into town. Thinking back to the streets on Kretos, he began running through places he might be able to find someone who sold the particular tomes he was hoping to find. After a few more moments of thought he set out to go find a place he could obtain a decent knife first. His skills with a sword should have been enough for him to at least get out of most trouble he could encounter, but he felt more comfortable with a knife in his hand.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:55:36 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 25, 2013, 06:33:42 pm »

"I have no problem with staying here and enjoying the sights for a few moments. I haven't seen such performances for almost a decade."

Leo looked down for a moment.

"It's a bit... nostalgic."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 25, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »

"You want to tell me about it?" Sheila hadn't actually been to many plays, but once her father had played Ferryman for a traveling theatre troupe. She'd gotten the chance to see several classics, or at least, what they'd claimed to be classic. She remembered liking them though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »

Leo gestured at the juggler.

"Well, in Anteos, entertainers, while appreciated in their time and place, were considered lower citizens than those who were well to do. Especially traveling troupes. So, when they came to town, they would stay in the poor district."

"It was always fun to see the jugglers and the dancers and the tricksters practice in the streets. They would perform for us for free, as a means of exchange for us sharing our property with them."

Leo took his coin out of his pocket, the lucky one with the emperor's profile on both sides.

"One of the tricksters gave this to me. Claimed he pulled it out of this shaggy mop I call my hair."

He grinned and flipped it into the air. As it came down, he caught it, but when he opened his hand to Sheila, it was nowhere to be seen.

"I learned a little 'magic' from them."

He flicked his hand up and the coin appeared in the air again. He caught it normally this time and put it away.

"Only a little, though. Nobody gives away all of their trade secrets."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2013, 08:33:36 pm »

"Yeah. A fisherman isn't going to tell you where you catch the biggest fish." Sheila looked curiously at Leo's hands. "I take it you aren't going to tell me how you do that trick, eh?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 25, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

"Hmm..."

Leo pretended to think about it, tilting his head to the side and tapping his foot for a few moments.

"Of course I will!"

"This trick is quite simple, once you have the knack for how to catch it. I'll show you."

He flipped the coin, caught it, and showed his open hand to Sheila... then turned it over so she could see the coin trapped between his index and middle fingers, the thickness of his gloves easily hiding the edge from the front.

"Learning to catch it in this manner takes a little practice. It took a lot for me; I'm not a particularly... dextrous individual. But once you have the skill, it's fairly easy to do on command."

"It's also how one pulls coins from the ears - or hair - of children."

Leo put the coin away.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 25, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »

"Wow. Yeah, I can see how that'd be tricky to master." Sheila went to retrieve a coin from her purse- But she didn't have any. "Eheh. Well, I suppose practice can wait for a little while."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 25, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »

"You can borrow one of mine."

Leo got out a gold coin from the pay and passed it over.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 25, 2013, 10:06:14 pm »

While on her way to the crossbow store, whistling a tune, Grifen came across Leo and Sheila. Sheila seemed busy with a coin for some reason, so she tapped Leo on the shoulder instead.

: "Howdy preacher! What's up?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 25, 2013, 10:06:35 pm »

"Thanks Leo, you're a gem!" Sheila immediately flipped the coin into the air, and caught it between two fingers. Specifically, her thumb and index finger. "Aw, shit." Flip. "Crap." Flip. "Argh." Flip. "Ye-Oh damn." Flip. "Ugh."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 25, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »

"Hello, Grifen! I'm just teaching Sheila a trick I learned as a child."

Leo repeated the performance for Grifen, so she would know what's going on.

"Well, that and watching the jugglers perform. How have you been finding the city, so far?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2013, 10:26:19 pm »

: "Hey, fancy trick! Reminds me of something my uncle taught me." She took off one of her gloves, took a coin from her bag, and made it "walk" from knuckle to knuckle.

: "Took almost a year to get right, but it gave me something to do. Anyway, this place is pretty nice. Reminds me of the bazaars back home in some ways, but with paved roads. Ya done any shopping so far?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 25, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »

@Leo/Grifen/Sheila

Candy, seeing a group of his comrades walking together in the distance, ran over the them. Hesitantly.

: "Heyyyy! Are we starting to regroup now? Why's everyone flipping coins? I just got back from not being chased by an extraworld mimebeast horridemon, not being confronted by my ominously-smug brother, and definitely not stalking Fezz before all that."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 25, 2013, 10:32:55 pm »

Sheila spoke distractedly, still working on the simple sleight of hand. "I got a new axe. Old one isn't heavy enough for tough armor- Oh hell." Sheila bent down and retrieved the coin, returning to flipping it again.

She dropped it again, and swore again, when Candy joined the conversation as well.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 25, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »

"Sheila bought an axe. I've nothing I need at the moment."

Leo resumed leaning on his staff.

"So, you've been to bazaars? I've heard they sell many foreign wares,"

he said, leaving it open for Grifen to tell them about her experiences with bazaars if she so desired.

It was at that moment Candy ninja'd ran up.

"Extraworld... mimebeast... horridemon?"

"...I can't say I've heard of such a thing before..."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 510