Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333191 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1170 on: October 24, 2013, 05:13:23 pm »

@Sara:

The man grumbled at the hug he was given after he went downstairs, and then grabbed the bottle from the table.

"Right, now go. I have to prepare myself for tonight's escapade."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 24, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

Sara nodded, before putting her mask back on, and placing her hood over her head.

: "Right then, enjoy yourself, and don't make much of a mess!" Sara yelled jokingly, as she made for the door to leave the house, intending to head back to the castle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 24, 2013, 06:24:01 pm »

Fezz patted his jacket lightly before sighing. All too expensive for him. ...Hm... Maybe...

Best put on that winning smile. "This is a wonderful selection you have here ma'am, truly impressive. I have to ask though, are you perhaps looking into buying some used tomes? I'm afraid I have one that I've outgrown, it was good practice, but I feel the need to move on. It's been such a help to me I'd feel sore to just have it gather dust."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 24, 2013, 06:40:18 pm »

"Hmm."

Leo blew a stray lock of hair out of his eyes as they walked.

"To be honest, it sounds like a lonely life to me, but that may be because it's so at odds with my own experience."

"I suppose I'm just used to the people I like always being nearby, as it were. But speaking of people you like... any crew member you particularly miss from those days? Aside from your father, I mean."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 24, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

Sheila turned a deep red color. "Well... Way back when, there was this guy who joined up. Jace. He had this bright red hair, and he had these eyes that were really, really bright... But, uh, he was always really shy around me, and I noticed a lot of the crew making fun of him for it. I thought it was really sweet though."

"He was my first boyfriend. We were together for a long time, until my dad caught us."
Sheila laughed, and gave Leo's shoulder a playful shove. "Aw, but you don't want to hear about that, I bet!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 24, 2013, 07:25:33 pm »

"Heh... I suppose I should have expected that."

Leo laughed quietly.

"It's all right, Sheila. I've been confessed to before and I've heard a few things... so I accept that people - especially people in their more formative years - have certain desires and will act upon them. I would be lying if I said I didn't suppress those same feelings myself in the pursuit of higher causes."

"What I'm trying to say is if you would like to tell me about Jace, go ahead."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 24, 2013, 07:45:00 pm »

Sheila shook her head. "Nah. I've been over him for a long time. There isn't really much to say. It was just... Normal. Normal young love. Happens to everybody, the way I hear it." In truth, Sheila hadn't even thought about Jace in a long time. Long enough that she couldn't remember the last time she'd thought about him.

"You know, we always end up talking about me. C'mon, tell me something about you. Ever been in love? Even one sided?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »

"Me? Are you sure? Well... OK..."

Leo scratched the back of his head, thinking.

"There was a girl I liked, a long time ago. This was back when I was still living in the poor district of Anteos, which is near the border to Syra if you've never been there."

"Anyway. In the slums like that, everyone knows everyone else, and for better or worse the kids are usually left to play together for most of the day. I had a few friends, of course, but there was this girl who I liked being around a bit more than the others. Carmen Vacca."

"I always thought she'd grow up beautiful. She had dark hair and brown eyes, very intelligent and curious. I suppose by the standards of our district she was a rich girl - her father tended cows for a farm on the outskirts, and he was very good at his job, so the people who owned it paid him well enough. She knew how to read, and she taught me. Just a few old picture books and things like that."

"...She liked to paint. She was pretty good at it, actually. She, uh, she always told me I should make something of myself, when the boys my age were just... common laborers, or thieves..."

Leo sighed.

"So... I saved up enough money to make my way to the nearest monastery, just over the border, because I wanted to help my fellow man and being a priest was... well, it made sense for a lot of reasons. We, uh, we kept in touch for several years by letter. She... she got married, two years ago, to the son of the farm owner."

"I... I didn't think I had cared for her that way until I got that letter. It, uh..."

Leo was silent for a minute after trailing off.

"...I guess I was always just a little brother to her."

"I suppose I'm everyone's brother now."

Leo was just a bit too quick, a bit too chipper with that joke.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:10 pm »

"So... You became a priest to impress a girl... That's really sweet, Leo. Certainly not the standard approach, but sweet." Sheila patted Leo heavily on the shoulder, resting it there. "...It happens, you know? Sometimes, people don't feel the same way. Nothing you can do, except move on." Suddenly, Sheila felt like they were too close. She hurriedly moved her hand back to her side.
"A-anyway, I'm sure there's someone for you. You know. Out there. When the time comes, you just have to, you know... Say how you feel? Because, she can't know you feel that way unless you tell her, obviously." What the hell am I even saying?

Sheila sighed. "I don't think I'm very good at the whole therapeutic talking thing."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »

"Er, no, that's not it at all!"

"I mean... I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I think. I only wanted to... I don't know. It just seems like there are so few ways to actually make a difference for the common person, and being a priest was the only one within my means."

"I'm not a great leader or royalty, and I don't have a good mind for business... but anyone with the willpower and the desire can learn the healing arts and do what they can for others. Being a priest just fits for me."

He looked solemn for a moment.

"...I don't believe that, you know. That there's someone for everyone. Some people are destined to be... alone... their entire lives. And that's OK too. There are many different forms of happiness. I... some people are content to help others find their own happiness."

"Anyway, no need to trouble yourself over that matter. I've made peace with it. Would you like to ask something else?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:02 pm »

"Whoa, hang on, how can you say that, like there's no one out there for you? You're just- Leo, you're thoughtful, and smart, and handsome- and I thought you said that your vow was only a thing until you were married or something, it isn't, like, forever." Sheila had stopped in the street. "You can't just give up like that. I mean- love is-" Sheila sputtered into silence. "...You should get to feel that. To love and be loved." Sheila finished lamely.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

"There's no need to try to make me feel better about it. But I appreciate the thought anyway, Sheila,"

Leo said, missing her point entirely. He stopped slightly ahead of her and turned so they were facing each other.

"...Besides, would it be fair to, for example, you or Candy or Tacey or Efa if I were to always rush to the aid of, say, Sakura first? That would be selfish and irresponsible of me."

He sighed.

"I do not - cannot - deny that love can be a wonderful thing, and I sincerely hope that someday you find the person, be it man or woman, that completes you someday, Sheila."

Leo smiled reassuringly, hoping to put her at ease.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 24, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

"Looks can be deceiving my friend. I have two weapons that I'm willing to trade, one of which is a lucky blade in perfect condition, and I'm willing to gather more funds if needed, not to mention spread the good word among my fellow warrior travelling companions about your fine wares. And did I mention that we were going to get paid soon, which means that we would be looking for a place to spend all our hard earned money on?

So, have you got anything along the lines I'm looking for?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 25, 2013, 03:01:46 am »

@Fezz:

*mumble mumble mumble* "100 coins."

@Roderic:

The smith crossed arms on his chest.

"No."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 25, 2013, 03:35:59 am »

"Very well then. I shall take my business, and money, elsewhere."

Leave and head to the potion shop. Check out inventory and prices.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 510