Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333233 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1065 on: October 20, 2013, 09:45:44 pm »

Grifen winced as Leo indicated Fezz. Talk about awkward...

: "I dunno if that'd work. See, I'm worried that he might have a demon or something in him. When he gets hurt, I noticed that he...changes. He gets crazy and violent, and kinda scary. He gets better after a while, but I'm a little worried."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 20, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »

Leo coughed nervously.

"Perhaps that is merely his way of dealing with danger? I know there are times when, without provocation, I find myself unreasonably angry, or sad, or happy, or scared, but I try to get past it and maintain an equilibrium. Not everyone is the same, and the world is... mostly the better for it. As I see it, if Fezz only acts this way when his life is in danger, then there is no need to worry. He seems to otherwise be a good and upstanding sort of person."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 20, 2013, 09:58:07 pm »

"See, I don't think you're getting it. Talking with you is a chore, and not a pleasant one. You might be content to believe someone will one day revere your deeds, be they good or ill. I just don't care. Neither wil anyone else. You've driven my friends away with your nasal, wheedling words. And that is something I do care about." Sheila gestured at the empty seats that Leo and Grifen had occupied shortly before. "I'm not interested in listening to the words of the deaf. So what if I flirt with men? That no more makes me a whore than your ill fated attempts at using a lance make you a soldier. Bloodshed doesn't build legends, but rather nightmares. Leave me in peace, you're souring my evening."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:25 pm »

: "I'm serious, preacher! This ain't just acting weird when yer in danger; it's like Fezz becomes a whole different person at times like those and I get the impression that other-he might not remember or care who his allies are if things get really bad!"

: "Look, just promise y'll talk to him, okay? See if ya can pick up any demon vibes or somethin, and if ya can't I'll drop it. Please? Like I said, I'm just worried about him."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 20, 2013, 10:07:06 pm »

Leo nodded.

"If that's what you truly believe, then I'll talk to him. He doesn't seem to be busy right now. You can come with me if you'd prefer."

With that, the priest stopped leaning on the wall and made his way over to Fezz, where he looked him over.

"Some of our allies are concerned about you. Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 20, 2013, 10:09:55 pm »

Grifen had actually wanted this to happen later, when she wasn't around. Stuck, she half-hid behind Leo, trying not to meet Fezz's eyes (or where she assumed his eyes were, under all that hair...)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:43 pm »

: "So concerned about the opinions of others, yet unable to tolerate yourself. Such a pathetic state, you aren't even a person, just the drunken hollow of one. Guess that explains how you were stupid enough to get a scar across your face atleast, as well as you somehow becoming a mercenary in the entourage surrounding a single man."

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 20, 2013, 11:33:36 pm »

Roderic ordered a mug of mead and two servings of bread and stew, and took them over to Candy who he saw was hugging himself while looking nervous.

"Be at ease, my energetic friend. You look like you could use some company! Here, I brought some food for you. You should eat well while we have the chance."

Sitting down with him, Roderic took a mouthful of mead and started eating.

"I'm not sure if I've introduced myself; My name is Roderic. I'm an aspiring duelist who's travelling the world to make his fortune as well as to learn and experience new things! What's your name?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2013, 05:24:19 am »

"I can't help but notice that you still haven't left yet. Take the hint, and take a hike." Sheila stood up, and made her way toward the rooms.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:41 am »

Fezz had politely said his goodbyes to the strange masked man; wondering if he was perhaps a C.I.D. or not before resigning that perhaps not indeed. The scholar just got a little spooked. Shelia seemed to be engaged with her drinking and whatever conversation she was holding with the masked woman in blue, he recognized her from the battle earlier as she was in front of him for a while. Before the spiders, that is.

Neither of them seem very happy at the moment though, and Fezz wisely decided that perhaps now wasn't the best of times to walk over.

So by the time Leo had walked over the scholar was nose deep in two books: one being the new book he bought opened about a tenth of the way and rapidly going forward; the other the very thick tome he's been spotted toting around during combat. It was open on a different bookmark and, from the looks if it, most of the pages he flipped to were blank.

"Hm?" The words clicked a few seconds later. "Oh, apologies, did I do something wrong? I'm afraid I'm not en... tirely... Oh..." Fezz had spotted Grifen trying to hide behind Leo, and in a moment what he was brooding on after the battle, which had been put away and tried to ignore in favor of the now, in favor of anything that could hold his attention from it, came rushing back.

"... Oh. ... That." And with that his previous energy left him; the man staring at his hands as if they were strange creatures instead of looking up at either of the two, shoulders slumped. "... I'm sorry. I-I don't know what to say... I just--I don't mean--I can't--... I... I'm sorry. I'll leave if you want me to. I don't mean to be like that. I don't want to be like that. I'm sorry. If you want me gone, I'll... I'll just go."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 21, 2013, 11:16:25 am »

Leo sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"It's not like that at all. As far as I can see you're quite harmless unless provoked, and one should be allowed to defend themselves. So, no, I'm not asking you to leave in the slightest."

"I'm merely asking if there's anything you want to tell me. To give you a chance to explain yourself to a sympathetic ear."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 21, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

: "Yeah! We wanna help, not drive ya away!" She surprised herself by piping up, but then resumed hiding behind the priest.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 21, 2013, 07:07:57 pm »

The historian's voice was calm, but quieter than normal. "Sorry... I didn't mean to scare anyone; I don't want to scare anyone... I--When you two came I thought you were afraid I might--I wouldn't, I-I swear. I'm sorry that you had to see me like that twice Grifen. You don't deserve that. None of you deserve or need to deal with this, it's my... Whatever this is, problem or deficiency." Fezz carefully and slowly closed both books, stacking one on top of the other and pushed them slightly away, looking up at the two now.

"Unless I'm wrong... This is about how I 'get' sometimes in battle. And I don't know." He paused, thinking, before giving a half-hearted shrug. "I don't know why. I wish I knew why I get like... That. But I don't. I know how, but not why. That's what bugs me the most; how it happens." The scholar went back to staring at his hands again. "I thought I had it under control last time, maybe that if I could burn it away, push it out of me quick enough... But it didn't work." The scholar faded into silence, not sure of what else to say, not comfortable with the idea of burdening others or causing them to view him as lesser by talking about this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 21, 2013, 07:21:45 pm »

Leo took one of Fezz's hands between his own, to comfort the scholar.

"Fezz... I understand. Perhaps not completely, but enough to sympathize."

"For what it's worth, I don't believe you're possessed by a demon. I think you just have an... extreme... fight-or-flight reaction when your life is endangered. If you'd like, I can try to help you temper it. I can't promise it will be quick or easy, but perhaps daily meditations will help."

Leo squeezed Fezz's hand reassuringly.

"I want to help you, for your own peace of mind if nothing else. I don't like to see anyone suffer, and this is causing you great distress. Let us help you."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »

Seeing that Fezz wasn't angry at her, and that Leo declared him demon-free, Grifen popped out behind the priest's back for good this time.

: "I wanna help too! Sorry for bringing the preacher in about this Fezz, I was just worried ya were demonized or somethin." She put a hand on the scholar's shoulder and gave him a reassuring pat. "I accept yer apology...and I apologize as well. I probably should have talked to ya first."

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 510