Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333250 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:45 pm »

Julius perked his head up at the mention of sellers, and quickly pulled out a small book and quickly jotted some crude notes into it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 19, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »

Fezz closed the book and put his wayward glove back on, flexing his hand into a fist then relaxed again to make sure it fit right.

"They already wouldn't like the fact that I'm not a 'properly schooled' scholar, nor who taught me. No reason to give them figurative, and quite possibly literal, arrows to sling at me. Far as they're concerned, I'm just another boonie-taught upstart scholar without a lick of 'scholarly credentials' nor magic, just like my father. I'd like to keep it that way is all."

He listened to her describe the process and hassle of going through selling the book, an idea formulating in his head.

"What you said is true, specially with the rather, ah, obvious battle damage." The historian scratched faintly at the dried blood on the cover. "Hm... Finding a buyer would be hard in the first place, finding one who'd take it harder, finding one who'd give you a good price for it? ...Well, the odds are best not said. You could be sitting on this for weeks to only finally shell it out for twenty, twenty five coins, fifty maybe if you're really lucky. The book would have to be, ah, laundered so to speak for proper transaction through more legal channels. That's an annoying process that takes time and energy, as you're transferring the power from one book to another, from one set of pages to another. I know, I've done it. It's very tedious, let me tell you." Fezz continued his mercantile-inspired ramble, although it seems to finally be winding down, his points made.

"Tell you what, from what I can tell you'll be working with us for a while, right? While I don't much care for the... Shape of the book, it's still quite usable, and I've always had a fascination with Light magic. With me, you have an assured buyer, who doesn't care about the condition of the book and isn't interested in reselling it, so I don't have to launder it beyond for my own purposes. I'll give you fifty coins for it, a good price considering the amount of time it might take to actually sell the thing, never mind what they might give you for the effort they'd have to go through." The scholar pushed the book away from him and looked up at Tacey expectantly, waiting for an answer as his hands interlaced together.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:48:56 pm by Xanmyral »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 20, 2013, 12:07:36 am »

"Well, aren't yeh a reg'lar deal-driver?  'Sides, there's one more point yeh didn' say.  We're still working together to protect our mutual employer as far as her destination.  Even with all these soldiers around, I'd rather have that book workin' to protect me if anything happens instead of sitting useless.  Tell yeh what, yeh got yerself a deal."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2013, 12:26:53 am »

Fezz couldn't help but smile at the compliment. "Eh-heh, being a historian may be a fulfilling life, but it doesn't gild my pockets unfortunately, at least not yet. Either way, I've had some practice with such things, although I probably still need more. I'm glad we could come to an agreement."

The mage dug inside of his jacket until he nabbed a small bag that tinkled slightly as he offered it to the rider. Inside was exactly fifty coins, oddly enough.

"Now, I don't believe we've formally met. I'm Fezz Scordato, son of Alberto Scordato, scholar and historian... And, as you already know, a mage."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2013, 12:35:23 am »

Tacey accepted the coinpurse, slipping it with a smooth motion under her cloak. 

"Well, if we're bein' formal now, then nice to meet yeh, Fezz.  I'm Tacey Airgeat.  A mercenary by trade, as yeh no doubt figgered fer yerself."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 20, 2013, 02:48:40 am »

Sakura put down the sunflower on the table before ordering a drink(quite a weak one)
:"You okay, Wenebra?"
She talking to the sunflower.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 20, 2013, 05:54:34 am »

"Hehe, yeah, I think that's probably enough for now."  Sheila said, carefully placing the bottle closer to the center of the table. She pulled a bowl of stew closer to her afterwards. "So Grifen, I don't think I've asked what you're doing out here. Your voice doesn't exactly make it seem like you're from around here."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 20, 2013, 06:48:14 am »

Sara didn't pay much heed to the in herself, somewhat nostalgic for the hardship that marching through the wilderness usually brings with it. Still, he had atleast somewhat acclimated back by sitting next to the fireplace in the inn, keeping herself warm while she left her mind to wander upon it's thoughts. Until Grifen nearly hurled out the contents of her stomach onto the bar and/or the floor. For what reason this was caused by, Sara didn't know what had started this, but what she did know was that she would be ending it. Getting up from the chair she was seated in, Sara marched over to the bar, towards the two, her boots giving an audible, heavy *thump* with each step she took, ending when she was barely a step or two away.

: "Right, one of you had best start explaining what just happened here, and do so quickly."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:03 am »

Sheila gritted her teeth, still facing away from Sara. Really? She still had to deal with this? "Us girls are havin' a drink." She said, already angry. "Scram."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 20, 2013, 07:25:50 am »

: "If it was a simple drink, one of you would not be nearly throwing up, now would you?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 20, 2013, 08:41:10 am »

: "Naw, Sheila's right. I just ain't used to anything this strong." Maybe she should have taken the preacher's advice and had some food first. Well, better late than never right? She began munching on a piece of bread as she put her thoughts in order.

: "Anyway, I guess the easiest way to put it is that I'm out here to earn my name and become an adult. I'm from the plains of Masalla y'see, and out there some people have customs that might seem strange to city folk. In my family, y'ain't given a last name until you perform a deed worthy of one, and at that point yer seen as an adult."

: "...as ya can probably guess I ain't done anything like that yet."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:29 am »

: "If it was a simple drink, one of you would not be nearly throwing up, now would you?"

"Grifen is new at this sort of thing, an' the drink itself is kinda nasty. Strong though. Now piss off." Sheila had another spoonful of the stew. It was pretty decent.

After Grifen answered Sheila's question, the girl smiled. "Well, I've never heard of anything like that before, but I'm sure you'll do something like that in no time. You're a nice girl, and you gotcher head on right.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 20, 2013, 09:17:34 am »

Grifen's face flushed in embarrassment.

: "Well, normally these journeys - when they're even done; some of us manage to earn names at home - take about a month. My cousin Philip came back after only eight days."

: "I've been gone three months now and ain't done anything. Nothing worthy of my ma and pa, anyway. But thanks for the confidence." She decided to try some of the soup, found it to be better than she expected after that gutrot drink, and dished herself up a bowl.

: "So, what about you? I heard something about ya being a sailor or whatever, but this place is a bit far from the ocean ain't it?":
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 20, 2013, 09:19:36 am »

"Go away, Elenore. We all know you don't care and you just want to cause trouble."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 20, 2013, 11:44:53 am »

"Well, that ain't quite right." Sheila said, having more soup and ignoring Eleanore. "Actually, my dad was a buccaneer, and I went along with him. I loved it, there's just something about the ocean." Sheila's smile faded somewhat. "We got separated a while ago. I'm still lookin' for him."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 510