Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 333251 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »

((Again posting not at home))

Maible walks up to the scholar, small mug of ale sitting untouched where she left it

Fezz, what can you  tell me of the ruins you were supposed to be exploring? I damit most of what I know about the world is from boks, but practical experience has to have it's advantages, what's it like?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2013, 08:19:17 pm »

@Candy

Fezz thought on what Candy said. "Hm... So it's something that grants power if one is pure enough to use it? I've heard about those kind of artifacts, they're rather common in tales of the old era. Strange trinkets or sites that, when enough is gathered or if possessing of a certain attribute, would react and grant them strength. While not everyone you hear might be true, such things are very real I assure you." The historian nodded as he finished.

"Seems you're on your own archeological hunt then, an important one from the sounds of it. Seems you're quite right, we aren't that different after all."

"I can tell you though that magic isn't all sunshine and roses, my father has a bit of an edge in his field specifically because he can't do magic actually. You'd be surprised at how protective old magi are of their secrets from others of their profession, often leaving little more than a door as protection but if you can do magic it may as well be a solid wall of steel. That, and it... Tends to surprise you at times, and not all in good ways..."

@Maible

"Hm? Oh, from what I heard it was a cluster of rooms or cells that most likely made up the basement of a larger building. I can't entirely say what kind, it could be a church or a keep dungeon for all I know. Maybe nothing more than a rich fellow's wine cellar, maybe the basement to a reclusive magi. You never know, it's always good to explore leads, even if they don't seem promising at the time.

For how it's like, that largely depends on where the ruins are. Sometimes it's humid, sometimes the air is choked with dust, sometimes there are a few giant spiders, it largely depends. If you mean from a learning standpoint, it's an experience I can't rightly describe honestly. The idea that under any rock you could find something that could completely change the way you view the past, learning more about how people lived, what they did, how they thought, what they set up, built..."
Fezz's explanation fizzled out as he tried to think of words to properly describe it but failed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2013, 08:23:29 pm »

It's obvious you have a passion for it, can't say I had much passion beyond getting away from my parents and making my own way in the world, although to be able to write one of the great inforative texts, or at least help appeals to me I must say
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »

Tacey glanced over as Sheila downed one glass after another of rotgut, each in a single go, then smiled slightly as she passed the bottle over Grifen, who plainly looked apprehensive.  The mages and the odd dancer...person were off talking at another end of the table.  That suited Tacey just fine, as she quietly continued to down one shot after another of cheap whiskey, setting it off with the soup and dense bread that seemed to be standard inn fare across at least half the Empire.  If this was on the Duchy's dime, then damned if she wasn't going going to take what she could get.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2013, 08:42:29 pm »

Grifen cautiously examined the beverage before chugging it. She immediately began coughing as tears rolled down her face.

: "I think that was a mistake..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2013, 08:59:17 pm »

"Aw, you're just not used to it yet!" Sheila smiled, putting another small amount of drink in front of Grifen, her face already slightly red. The axe slinger squinted at the glass. "Actually, maybe we should work you up to this stuff..." she mumbled, thinking aloud.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »

Finishing her soup, Tacey got up, picking up her ruck as she did.  She paused for a moment, as though thinking of something, then walked over to the mages. 

"Hey, y'all use magic, right?  I found something during the battle, if'n y'all want to take a look at it for me."  Reaching into the ruck, she pulled out the tome of magic the monk had been using in battle.  "Any of you make anythin' of this?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

Fezz nodded at what Maible said, before looking at the green haired rider. Hm, another addition he guesses? He recalls now that he had seen her with the group in the battle, although at the time he was a touch... Distracted.

"Hm, well yes I can do magic. I... Don't try to overtly make such evident however. I'll happily look at whatever you have though, hopefully I'll be able to help you, if not there are a few other mages in the group who should know." With that, the scholar looked at the tome that the rider held in her hands, studying the cover. "If I may?" The historian put his hand out as he continued to look at the book. Hm... Thick, well looked over, a little bloody... Er... I'll, ah, just ignore that. No title that I can see... Typical of a magical tome, but not so much of a regular book...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2013, 09:33:37 pm »

Leo just mentally sighed at the antics of the two greenhaired girls. It didn't help that Sheila was sitting on one side of him and Grifen on the other, so the glass kept getting slid past him. He really hoped it wouldn't hit something and spill into his stew. If that stuff tasted as awful as Grifen insinuated, it would be a waste of good food.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2013, 09:34:21 pm »

Julius reached into his bag and uneasily fingered a few scraps of old parchment without a word before withdrawing.
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:40 pm »

@Fezz

Candy noticed him absorbed in the book. Hmm, this green haired man, with the helmet on earlier. Tacey? He was clearly a competitor for Fezz's affection.

: "HEY! So- speaking of magic - you said 'we don't talk about' you being a mage, or something. Why is that? Magic is cool! Not something to be ashamed of."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 19, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »

: "I dunno if I should have any more of this stuff..."

Then she surprised herself by having another. This time she gagged and nearly threw it back up, but somehow held the vile stuff down. She kinda wanted to impress Sheila and this seemed like a good way to do it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 19, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »

"Feel free."  She unceremoniously dumped the book in Fez's waiting hand.  She nodded at the dancer's words.  "Can't say I see why yeh wouldn't want to make it clear, either.  Way I see it, magic's a right handy thing to have on the battlefield, 'least, when it's on yer own side."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »

Fezz happily took the book and lowered it on the table, pulling off the glove from his right hand. His expression was serious and one of concentration as he lightly felt the edges of the cover, the spine, the pages, and then the binding. He finally opened the book after his ritual-like inspection.

"That may be well and good for a mercenary, but I'm not one. Until three or so days ago, I've not actually ever used my magic against someone in... Such a way as I did." Fezz's eyes were glued to the pages, flipping through them after a brief glance at each page as if looking for something.

"I'm not ashamed of my magic, but I've found it simpler to just not mention it. Bandits don't tend to resort to weapons first if they think you can't fight back, and many others don't tend to question as to if you're a part of the Cul--Church of the Dragon's crop. Specially if you're in a field that studies history, and it happens to be one as... Colorful as ours when it comes to magic. I've just found it simpler to not make it clear." The scholar finally seemed to find what he was looking for, a page about two thirds of the way through. It was a nondescript page with words taking up the whole of the left page, and a diagram of some sorts on the right.

The historian placed his right hand on the spine of the book and his face bore the marks of concentration. He removed his hand and looked at it curiously, as if there was some strange scrawling on it. He closed it into a fist, then opened it again, hmm'ed and instead put his pointer and middle together. He fiddled with gestures for a bit before a small spark jolted out of his fingers, startling him. The spark was brilliant and flashy, making a quiet 'zot' sound as it died into nothing.

"Well, I believe that solves that question. What you have here is a magic tome alright, and from what I glossed over should be of the light domain of magic. I had to make sure though, sometimes light and anima have some overlap that makes it a bit difficult to tell. This would be one of those overlaps, although a good rule of thumb is to see if it's more light than energy, and how focused it is. Anima tends to be more destructive and blunt, relatively speaking, light typically more the refined of the three. Think of sword and spear. I think the colloquial word for it is 'Photon.'"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:34:56 pm by Xanmyral »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 19, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »

"Well, first time for everything.  Way I see it, it's always better to protect yerself rather than just pray hard for the best.  Yeh can't always depend on bandits not to cut yer throat even if yeh give them everything.  I definitely ken not wanting the Church's attention, though."

At his final verdict, she nodded. 
"Then it is magic."  Her tone was that of something being confirmed, rather than surprise.  "Suppose it'll be worth a lot to the right buyer, but licensed sellers want to know where you got it if yeh don't got a license yerself, and most...other sorts don't want the Inquisition on their necks, like they'd get if they dealt in unlicensed magic.  I'll hav'ta figure something out."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 510