Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack  (Read 8396 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2013, 04:32:06 pm »

sooner or later, generally sooner if there's any media attention

Nope, already dealt with... Openly.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

You've shown you're not interested in the actual discussion at hand, while snarling and screaming how I'm strawmanning.
Withdraw your accusations that I'm argued that the US has been shipping gas to the rebels or is somehow involved in the gas attack, and perhaps we can return to a reasonable discussion. Or provide evidence that I've done so, in which case I will withdraw the claims (which I am sure I've never made). Avoid misconstruing my points and leveling accusations about the things I've said in the future, and we can continue having a conversation (once we return to it).

Until you've removed the strawman, no conversation can be had, because I have no evidence you aren't going to right back to wailing on him as soon as I give you a sign of legitimate involvement.

(I'm just going to ignore Leafsnail at this point, since I'm pretty sure he's got no interest in withdrawing said claims himself and he was the one who made them to begin with, and I suspect you were just following his lead here)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:30 pm »

On the other hand, there does seem to be significant evidence that the rebels were the ones who used the gas.

Until you can accept what you yourself type I don't doubt that you refuse to listen to others.

I also never said you claimed the US was involved, that's your own little projection you're doing there lad.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 04:37:49 pm »

* GlyphGryph just shakes his head in disappointment

...why am I not surprised...

I'll repeat myself:
Withdraw your dishonest claims, and I will respond to your attempts to have a conversation. As long as you continue to support them, you are demonstrating that you are unwilling to deal with me honestly, and any attempt to do so will be pointless - so I will not do it. Simply copy-pasting where you want the conversation to go is not going to accomplish anything until you indicate your willingness to have one.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

I just want to list some of the points that are in my head, some that I think GlyphGlyph would agree with:

• The US is not behind the gas attacks, despite the OP's video link.
  • In fact, the only time in this discussion I remember someone thinking the US did this was the StormCloudsGathering people. I honestly can't recall anyone on this forum seriously purporting it to be true (correct me if I'm wrong, which is likely)
  • UN Inspectors are currently testing to see if sarin gas was ever used in the first place.
  • Yes, the videos of the latest attack are convincing, but we still need scientific confirmation of the gas's use.
  • Even if/when the UN Inspectors say sarin gas was used, it most likely won't tell us who used them.
  • I agree it's far more likely for Assad to have used them, but I don't discount that the rebels could have done it, or that some overzealous members of Assad's regime did it without his consent.

fakedit: That looks worth investigating, Hotfire90. I'll have to take a look.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Hotfire90

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »

Well those links that i posted are actually older one is infact 4 months old

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

Unless you'd like to continue with these fantasies about the US being involed in every single event around the world.

This was in direct response to me. What other sort of involvement were you claiming, then?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »

Unless you'd like to continue with these fantasies about the US being involed in every single event around the world.

This was in direct response to me. What other sort of involvement were you claiming, then?

Generally speaking, incongruities are most fun posted together, like so:

I also never said you claimed the US was involved, that's your own little projection you're doing there lad.

Mostly because people who can't keep track of what they're saying can't be expected to match up stuff like this

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »

Lol. I love this. Speaking in turn does not make it a claim, I'm telling you to get the delusions out of your head before you go, like you have, on the track of blaming the US, like you often do.

On the other hand, there does seem to be significant evidence that the rebels were the ones who used the gas.

Which is why the US hasn't done anything - including pushing for public support to go in. If the US had done this (unless it was some small secretive branch without whitehouse support) I don't know why they'd botch the follow up so bad.

I think the biggest question now is - could there have been someone in the government, or some part of the government, that DID want this to happen? Especially with all the contracter-mania and super-confidential activity lately, the government keeps finding itself in the position of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. For example, supplying the military in Afghanistan had strict rules, which quite a few people ignored for their own benefit, and their superiors ignored it because they thought it might work out for THEIR benefit, and everyone else ignored it because it doesn't pay to look into too deeply...

In the cold war, there were quite a few instances of groups doing stuff that the upper levels of the government would much prefer they weren't doing, since it didn't line up with their strategy and had a big chance of backfiring on them. It's certainly possible someone in the government supply chain had this awesome idea and proposed it to someone else and even that some group thought it was a good idea and began planning for it... but honestly, with things the way they are, I don't know why the administration would ever want to support it, and they've shown no signs of supporting the end goal publicly.

It's a lot more likely the rebels just got their hands on some of Assad's weapons. He may not benefit from actually using them, but they certainly could.

This is what you call claims. Planting the seed of belief in US involvement with zero evidence 'They've done it before!'. Insinuation without evidence. I tire of this game.

Now, about that claim, where's your evidence? You have plenty of time to type but not enough to find your source.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:54:55 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »

If someone were to steal nerve gas from highly secure facilities, Syria'd be as fucked as it is now and if the media started actually talking about it they'd be even more fucked because it'd be obvious that they can't even keep their chems together, so everybody and their mother would stream into the country to get some fresh sarin straight outta the udder.

Warning - while you were reading 20 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

MOTHERO F GOD

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2013, 04:58:54 pm »

So a statement that the US's actions werent in line with giving gas to the rebels, followed by a description of  how if it were  to have happened at all it would have been without the adminstrations knowledge or involvement and even that wasnt likely... is the reason for you claiming I was blaming the US for the gas.. which you then claimed you didnt claim but now you are claiming you did claim...

You know, this is why I stopped actually engaging you. Not only can you not keep my claims straight, not only do you not seem to actually read my posts, but you cant even keep your own claims straight.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

So a statement that the US's actions werent in line with giving gas to the rebels, followed by a description of  how if it were  to have happened at all it would have been without the adminstrations knowledge or involvement and even that wasnt likely... is the reason for you claiming I was blaming the US for the gas.. which you then claimed you didnt claim but now you are claiming you did claim...

You know, this is why I stopped actually engaging you. Not only can you not keep my claims straight, not only do you not seem to actually read my posts, but you cant even keep your own claims straight.

You have a severe reading problem, mate. Now, I'd appreciate if you can find your source instead of grandstanding.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening in this thread anymore.
This. I'm pretty sure that, at one point, we all agreed that the source linked in the OP was bullshit, and then everybody started accusing each other of conspiracy theories?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening in this thread anymore.
This. I'm pretty sure that, at one point, we all agreed that the source linked in the OP was bullshit, and then everybody started accusing each other of conspiracy theories?
I know, I was about to write something in support of whoever was on my side, but I realized they both somehow agreed and disagreed with me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8