Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)  (Read 13747 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Guard Multiplayer Game (5/5)
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 11:47:35 pm »

Heh to you maybe I read up everything on 4 races in the space of 2 weeks. I'm not finished sorting it all out in my head yet.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2013, 04:30:18 am »

Ok, now you get to choose 5 doctrines to further customize the regiment. One of them is for the whole regiment, the others are one for each one of the subregiments. Or you could choose only 2 doctrines that apply to the whole regiment, meaning the regiment, despite being a mixed one, is starting to fight as a single unit.

Doctrines are divided in training doctrines and equipment doctrines.

Spoiler: Training Doctrines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Training Doctrines (click to show/hide)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 04:34:39 am »

Can I have Vanguard for the drop battalion please, they're our front line heavy offense so shotguns and auto cannons to go along with the standard las carbines/rifles and heavy armor is a great combo for anything from open field to storming a compound and anything in between.

I'd suggest Die-Hards for the regiment, it would signify that our regiment is made up of veterans who survived the destruction of there individual regiments and means our men will be damned difficult to route.

So obviously I'm going for the 1 and 4 option, with 4 different battalions all meant for different roles it's more effective.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:41:19 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:38 am »

the standard hotshot las and heavy armor
Hotshot lasgun and standard in the same setence? Has The Beast of Apocalypse written an Imperial Guard Codex?

Jokes aside. Hotshot lasguns are only standard to stormtroopers. And of those, you may get one or two squads. The same goes for caparace armor (which is the closest the Imperial Guard gets to heavy armor)
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:01 am »

The guerilla should have Cover Strike, or something like this.
The drop, probably Demolition or maybe Die Hard.
The armoured core should have Vanguard, if it has any effect on tanks, or antitank otherwise.
The artillery... I dunno. Sharpshooters? Anti aircraft? Electrovox?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:20 am »

I realized right after I typed it so edited it out, I wasa thinking about the character I'd like when I typed it.

Vanguard doesn't effect armoured very much, they have limited infantry forces that will mostly remain near the tanks.

Regiment : Die-Hards. ( Make the whole regiment harder to route. )
Drop : Vanguard. ( Provide weapons for close quarters, street to street and heavy assault fighting. )
Guerilla : Infiltrators. ( Gives the skills for stealth operations and wreaking havoc quietly. )
Armoured : Anti armor. ( Remove enemy armor before it can damage our own. )
Artillery : Forward Observer. ( They call in artillery strikes, no brainer. )

Can I suggest people explain why they've picked a specific training? It'd make it simpler to understand what your idea is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:29:10 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 05:38:41 am »

Is forward observer beneficial for artillery? I was under the impression it was more something to give to infantry regiment so they can call in support from outside the map, so to speak.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:03 am »

Disregard unstable wifi shenanigans.
Full Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 05:45:21 am »

Hmmm I'm not sure but really not much is useful for artillery, I'm waiting for Rhyme so I can find out. Maybe the infantry from the regiment can use it if not I'm not sure what to get them. I guess communication is useful to have on the safest force.
Caine's law.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 05:52:55 am »

Forward observers can be used for the artillery part of the regiment. It just means they have scouts of their own so they can be more accurate (accurate with Imperial standards in mind)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 05:56:36 am »

Ok we need forward obs, you don't wanna see imperial artillery without it lol. At least this way when they fire they'll only miss by about 10 feet.
Caine's law.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 06:07:01 am »

I once saw an imperial super heavy tank shoot itself in the back while trying to obliterate a lictor in front of it. It did no damage but was absolutely hilarious nonetheless.
Full Sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 06:13:38 am »

I like that list, although Iron will was more interesting for me than die hard, die hard is a very close second
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:23 am »

(( The 2 have similar effects, die hard is just more of a morale bonus. ))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:14:50 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:03 am »

I realized right after I typed it so edited it out, I wasa thinking about the character I'd like when I typed it.

Vanguard doesn't effect armoured very much, they have limited infantry forces that will mostly remain near the tanks.

Regiment : Die-Hards. ( Make the whole regiment harder to route. )
Drop : Vanguard. ( Provide weapons for close quarters, street to street and heavy assault fighting. )
Guerilla : Infiltrators. ( Gives the skills for stealth operations and wreaking havoc quietly. )
Armoured : Anti armor. ( Remove enemy armor before it can damage our own. )
Artillery : Forward Observer. ( They call in artillery strikes, no brainer. )

Can I suggest people explain why they've picked a specific training? It'd make it simpler to understand what your idea is.

So it seems people liked this. Then we get to the part when this starts to look like a real multiplayer game.

You get to choose who is your character from a set of basic "classes". Some of them are open to more customization than others. The classes are:

Officer: This class represents liutenants and captains. You get to choose which one you want, with liutenants being more liked by the soldiers and captains being in a higher position.
Veteran: From sergeants that have served for years and now command a veteran squad to the stormtrooper sergeants. The stormtroopers have better equipment, but are not as liked as veteran sergeants. However, because of their experience, both kind of sergeants have an important position in the regiment, and their advice is well regarded by the commander.
Senior Techpriest (only 1): As the oldest and more important techpriest in the regiment, you are in charge of the equipment and vehicles of the regiment. Yours is the final say on the deployment of vehicles if you think they're too damaged or too precious (or you just want to teach the commander a lesson).
Senior Priest (only 1): Sent from the Adeptus Ministorum, you are supposed to rally the troops and inspire them, and the soldiers respect you.
Lord Commissar (only 1): As the highest ranking commisar of the regiment, yours is the responsability to watch the commander and see if he maintains his loyalty to the Emperor. And you also direct the other commisars, obviously.
Liaison: You act as a link between the regiment and some other organization. It could be another regiment, the Imperial Navy or any other organization.
If you have any suggestion which hasn't been covered here, just tell me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18