Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A question of islands  (Read 2693 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question of islands
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:56:45 pm »

Actually, I've got a simpler method: You've got 4 trillion dollars. Buy an island.

Buy an aircraft carrier.

Why buy the UK when you can buy Sealand?

I have a feeling we're going in the wrong direction. These are getting smaller, not bigger.

Solution! Buy the Americas. That's one big island. (americas refers to North, Central, and South America.)

Misewell pick up Eurasia while we're at it.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 11:03:34 pm »

Actually, I've got a simpler method: You've got 4 trillion dollars. Buy an island.

Buy an aircraft carrier.

Why buy the UK when you can buy Sealand?

I have a feeling we're going in the wrong direction. These are getting smaller, not bigger.

Solution! Buy the Americas. That's one big island. (americas refers to North, Central, and South America.)

Misewell pick up Eurasia while we're at it.

Buy the earth! Its a island in a sea of space.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 11:50:01 pm »

Buy the moon. Control the tides to form an island in the middle of the oceans.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »

Better: Buy the moon. Carve something totally obscene and visible on it's surface to force the world to focus more on space exploration in order to remove it, lest they have to see it every night for the rest of their lives.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:40 am »

i woud find a shallow coral reaf in the pacific spend half the mony on gold use the gold as the core of the island, the other half on making the island (including some disturbing combonation of the palace at versailles and Wonka's factory) I would then use the island as the standard for my own currency then use the currency to buy a bigger island with more gold and the repeate the process again and again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 08:55:57 am »

9/7/2587

"[Admiral], we've discovered traces of activity on the satellite of the third planet."

"What? I thought that the natives never made it off-world before they self-destructed?"

"Apparently not, [untranslatable, title of respect]. It shows signs of a high level of cultural and industrial involvement."

"Continue, then, [Lead Archaeologist], what did you find?"

"Some sort of mural, perhaps a tribute to or history of their species..."

"Go ahead, [untranslatable; probable name]."

"[Admiral], it appears to be a depiction of a large number of the natives copulating, as if in some sort of [untranslatable; mating frenzy?]."

"And? That sort of thing shows up all the time, especially in [untranslatable; unblessed? simpleminded?] cultures."

"[untranslatable, title of respect], it was 683 [untranslatable; probable measure of distance] high."

"[expletive deleted]."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2]