Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259051 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2985 on: December 28, 2013, 08:49:00 am »

Let's not take any of them just yet. We totally have to give Cheerie a new face.
Why?

I think that we should do mission 1. We need o keep more than one city.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 28, 2013, 08:57:27 am »

Maybe we could try our hand at 2 missions.

We'll send Chemista and 9 disposable units on the control mission, and send the main force on the other.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: December 28, 2013, 09:10:14 am »

I would be on for diverting all our forces for a single mission. Send the Overlord as well.

Also, why it is called Sedimentary is beyond me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:25 am »

Actually, our overlord has the capability to arrive with a zeppelin without alerting security. So by sending our Overlord to the train demolition team, and sending Chemista to the control mission, we can probably limit our losses significantly.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 28, 2013, 09:31:02 am »

We totally have to give Cheerie a new face.
Why?
Because we apparently love her. Also, would it not be nicer to have an android from "Metropolis" or something like this at our side instead of a generic snuff film villain?

Gentlemen, please do not underestimate the power of our cogs now: our normal cogs are equal to the policemen with buddy systems, and our assault cogs will completely outgun an equal number of special forces. The ante might have been upped, but so was our military might.

I say we should try to do 2 missions at the same time, as we have both the possibility for stealth and extreme force. We can send a stealthy  task force of overlord, Chemista (no Cerulean, mind you) and some cogs in a zeppelin to blow up the railways with the explicit directive of getting the hell out of there in things get rough and a murderrific assault squad of Gamington/Psysquid/Ragnarok and as many shiny steel steampunk terminators as we can cram into a zeppelin on mission 2. I recommend Psysquid, though - he can escape if losing.

And if we can send our aquatic base on a normal mission, everything is just peachy.

EDIT: I propose we examine the possibility of creating even stronger cogs now, something that will be so above a normal human in terms of strength and endurance that its limited thinking capabilities will be all but inconsequential, yet less refined than our praetorian so that it can be mass produced.

I have two ideas right now: the first one is a "cleanser" cog, the second one is a "goliath". "Cleansers" are otherwise normal cogs that are armed with an array of hideously lethal poisons, something along the lines of V-series acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, that are stored within the body of the cog and dispersed as an aerosol spray from various points in its body. This would be a very stupid plan if our cogs were alive, but luckily, they aren't. The main point is to make them look like ordinary, weak cogs and then send them on suicide attacks as a vanguard of our main forces. The heroes fight them, unsuspecting, and then die from cardiac arrest. "Goliaths" are simply very big cogs with heavy armaments. To illustrate: if this is our normal cog, this is the goliath. Just very big and very strong. Very simple.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:34:57 am by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: December 28, 2013, 10:47:37 am »

I would like to do mission two and three, fine with two and one.

We are not Silver remember, been pretty adamant about that so far, we know she loves us but we don't necessarily love her.
Also taking the fight to the enemy matters more than a new face, give her a mask for now and get German or any other science type that is staying working on a new face/body.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: December 28, 2013, 11:10:07 am »

Wait...Cheerie is half-machine already ? Why can't we reprogram her ?

Or merge her with a cog, make her a fleshcog then modify memory ?

Also, I doubt very much that we can make poison cogs that instantly kill people. It would break the system.

Also, what about self-cogification or mutation of ourselves ?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

I do not believe getting our former girlfriend a mechanical mask will count as an upgrade and warrant forfeiting a turn.

Make her that now, and then perhaps we will make her a new body.

And when I say "a new body", I mean a set of (power) armor that will be semi-permanently grafted to her flesh, kinda like Darth Vader. Since mutating her is risky, we can just continue cogifying her. And besides, she is already half-mechanical, how hard can it be to add more metal to her?

Also, what about self-cogification or mutation of ourselves ?
I can pretty much always be imagined waving a huge sign that says "Cyborgs FTW" whenever that question arises. Besides, now becoming half-machine has sentimental value for us as well: think about what Cheerie would feel when we show up one day, whirring and glistening, and say "It's alright, I am now also a robot".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:20:39 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: December 28, 2013, 11:18:48 am »

We should cogify her entirely. Remove human half, reprogram mind, remove suffering.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: December 28, 2013, 11:41:49 am »

We should cogify her entirely. Remove human half, reprogram mind, remove suffering.
Doubt it's going to be that easy. Or possible

I don't think we can reprogram flesh cogs. After all, they're little more that steam punk cyborgs. The flesh cogs are a mind machine interface, and don't have a mechanical brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: December 28, 2013, 12:29:49 pm »

I do not know much about how cognition works in this world, but something tells me that Cheerie's mind is defined by the organic, not mechanical parts. Removing her brain will just kill her. Unless, of course, we remove her brain and then put it into an entirely robotic body, which is a valid course of action.

I would still go with only cosmetic changes at this point.

EDIT: Or we can just ask Cheerie herself if she would like to have some new pretty metallic skin.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:51:24 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: December 28, 2013, 09:22:36 pm »

Cheerie is hardly sane atm so how about we work on finding out what she use to look like and make a robotic version of that, maybe as human looking as we can, to help her regain her self or some crap. And I never said would take a turn my friend.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2997 on: December 29, 2013, 04:06:00 am »

You decide, while thinking out which mission to do -or if doing any to begin with- to tinker about and try to build a mask for Cheerie.
You wrack your brain, but the image of her face when she was still Cheerful Gal comes off a bit blurred, as if you couldn't remember it properly. Then again, those were Silver's memories, not yours.
Or maybe they are yours?
As you softly drop your tools on the table, you gaze at the mask made of silver and gingerly touch it with your fingers. Isn't silver such a pretty color?
You shake your head. You grit your teeth and drop the mask on the table.
Cheerie is still imprisoned, and will remain as such because she is clearly dangerous -unless Mindium is used.
But you hope she'll like the mask.

You grab it, and are already heading out towards her cell when something catches your eye. Cerulean is playing catch with the little human girl. The two appear to be giggling and laughing as they play, and there's Psysquid -doing his best creepy-pedophile imitation- registering them with the full crew of the Slug-Team, probably for Propaganda purposes.
That's a nice thing, which lifts your spirit. It means there is hope for integration, rather than racial cleansing.

Still, what missions do you choose?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: December 29, 2013, 04:19:52 am »

Lets build something instead of missioning, let the hornets nest relax for a bit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: December 29, 2013, 04:23:10 am »

Cheerie dropped several nukes, and blew up 2 multi million cities. The hornets nest is not going to relax before we're death, whether that is by their hand or because of old age.

Mission 1 and 3. Free the airwaves, blow up public transportation.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 213