Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259319 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2865 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:04 am »

I have a plan, but it depends on how much do we want Incognito to jump off the slippery slope. If the answer is "very", then we can send Ragnarok with plenty of cogs over to the city that isn't the capital and commit widespread slaughter until the heroic heroes arrive. Then, nuke.

Meanwhile, our infiltation team will deliver Cheerie's viral bomb to the capital and set it off so that all humans are either forcibly mutated or die (I am unsure what this thing actually does), and then we can waltz to our father and slay him brutally to reign over a kingdom of death.

This is pretty much the most evil path I could come up with - just use our WMDs!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2866 on: December 05, 2013, 10:23:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You call for a general meeting, and soon you have your entire 'intelligent' forces packed in the same room. They're all looking tense and ready -Psysquid is covered in ink for some reason.
Chemista is smiling brightly. "Ah, wonderful! We're nearing the end of this!"
"No," the Yellow King Spawn remarks. "Not yet."
"Uh?" Ragnarok asks.
"The title," Yellow King says softly. "Has yet to change."

Book Three: The Final Acts

"There," Yellow King-spawn says softly. "Now we're nearing the end of this."

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 05, 2013, 10:28:26 am »

Cool plan, send someone other than Rags if we do do it, would destroy the enemy and turn the remainders into mutants. Maybe look into alternatives, seems our guy tries to be moral/avoid senseless mass murder, went to the trouble to save the last city didn't he, at risk to himself I might add. Plus the enemy might still have that evil overlord weapon, if that wasn't a made up thing to lure us into a trap.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: December 05, 2013, 10:31:29 am »

Shadenight, once this game is over what will you do?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 05, 2013, 10:45:34 am »

Ok, we need more zeppellins, and more troops first, before even thinking about engagin in anything

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 05, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

I have a four step plan:

Defeat the old team. Mutate them or kill them as necessary.

Raid the Museum for a shard of Mindium.

Raid the HEROES corporation, find and fight THE Hero.

Spare him, mindwipe him and use his power to destroy HEROES.

There, we win.

Ok, we need more zeppellins, and more troops first, before even thinking about engagin in anything
More zeppelins indeed.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: December 05, 2013, 10:49:51 am »

Okay. Eviltripping aside, I say that we need, at the very least, to give each of our Dark advisors an army equivalent to that of Psysquid when he met Mauve. Probably even better.

We should probably spend as much time on this act as we did on the other two, so about 100 pages of normal missions first. Also, we should consider the possibility of engaging the Heroes in a war of attrition - we can churn out cogs and Dark Minions (and Advisors, if the worst comes to worst) like nobody's business, but our enemy has only a limited supply of Heroic Heroes.

Therefore, I vote against the proposed epic final battle. We should draw the Heroes into attacking us, not the other way around. Villains act, heroes react - that's how the trope goes, I am not mistaken. My proposed plan so far is to deliberately leak false information that we are based on that cruiser we have as our backup base, constantly switching locations so that we won't get caught. While the Heroes are preparing for a final assault, bolt some spikes onto the thing, give it a cog crew and load it up with Cheerie's bomb (modified so that it kills everything) and as much explosives as it can carry. When our former teammates arrive, introduce them to mr. Hyper-anthrax. And then to mr. TNT and the 80 tons of his friends. Or better yet, remove that nuke Cheerie planted from its city and use it instead.

Or crew the ship with mutants and cogs to keep the heroics occupied and detonate the anti-human viral bomb mid-battle. Or just build a magical nuclear reactor, put it on a jet zeppelin (the first of its kind) and give the Heroes association headuarters a taste of suicide bombing run.

Whatever we do, I say we do not just come at Heroes like a battering ram. We have plenty of assets people, let's use them first.

Shadenight, once this game is over what will you do?
Continue his successful writing career, I guess?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:57:24 am by Knit tie »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 05, 2013, 10:57:41 am »

Guys, you know what we need? A giant mecha. Magic power plant, cog-firing giant railgun, the works.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: December 05, 2013, 10:59:39 am »

Not the moment to be silly.

Anyway, it appears you can only evade the plot for so long. In the end, it always catches up with you.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:37 am »

How is a giant mecha silly? Hm... What about a mobile terrestrial base-fortress? I'd like to keep a factory/fallback location/artillery platform close to any battles we might have finishing this.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: December 05, 2013, 11:02:17 am »

Guys, you know what we need? A giant mecha. Magic power plant, cog-firing giant railgun, the works.
I support this. Just for epicness and getting the heroes' attention.

Well, let's make a list of what we need to do:
-Two more zeppellins.
-An upgrade to the cargo of each zeppellin.
-A fuckton of minions.
-Intelligence about what does each hero do.
-More allies?

Any more ideas?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: December 05, 2013, 11:03:52 am »

We don't even know how to make the powerplant, and giant mecha are silly because of the Square Cube law. Also Ocean base, and mechs sink. We don't have much/any place to make these giant installations.

On a side note, Chemista had that giant Battlecruiser, maybe there's still time to gather that one from the seafloor.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:18 am »

We don't even know how to make the powerplant, and giant mecha are silly because of the Square Cube law. Also Ocean base, and mechs sink. We don't have much/any place to make these giant installations.
How about the ruins of one of the dead cities? We need a... A symbol I guess. A giant mechanical monstrosity that announces to the Heroes that their time has come.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 05, 2013, 11:06:23 am »

And to draw their attention. We act like a cliché villain, to kick their butts from behind.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: December 05, 2013, 11:07:22 am »

Shouldn't waste Cherrie's bomb, but yes a long prolonged battle could be fun, if only to avoid that predictable ending/ending I don't want. Now that I know it is one of the endings I see no reason to pursue it when we could aim for a better or more interesting one first. If only so we can try something else, fail then go through with the "mutate and nuke" plan with no previously stated control of what they turn into.

A giant mech is not silly in comparison with the other things that we have done, but I'm not particularly a fan of the idea.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 213