Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259562 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2820 on: December 04, 2013, 03:31:52 am »

Have splintercog shoot her.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:23 am »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:33 am »

Have splintercog shoot her.
FUCK NO.
Why?
Because this is our fault. The fault of our father. We can't kill her for what our actions and our father's actions caused.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: December 04, 2013, 03:39:27 am »

Oh the price you all pay for all the activity occurring while I'm ether asleep or at work.  I knew this would happen when I got home and found out everyone had voted in favour of staying away.  Incognito, solo, was the correct solution.  No reinforcements.  No cover fire.  Just Incognito using his greatest trump card.  Himself.  His unique abilities would have made this fluff filler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42:49 am »

Well, we can kill her because she is about to explode a goddamn city. Okay, fine, throw both ourselves and Gamington at her.

Oh, and I do not feel bad. Not in the slightest. Incognito does,  but as a player, I expected this kind of thing to happen.

EDIT: Froggy/Teal ninja (I honestly do not know if you are the same guy who keeps changing his name or two different ninjas altogether - if you are one but not the other, sorry!), if you want to blame someone, blame me. I suggested this whole idea with ambassadors.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:05:24 am by Knit tie »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: December 04, 2013, 05:44:19 am »

OK, shit has officially hit the fan, more like a whole planetoid of shit really, and Godzilla Threshold is officially crossed.

Also, I'm pretty fucking sure the third bomb is either JUST UNDER her or either on our base. Or it might just be the godzilla threshold getting me paranoid. Heh.

No matter. Let's find the best way to stop her, and stop her fast.

Shooting her via Splinter-Cog would be nice for sure.

Because this is our fault. The fault of our father. We can't kill her for what our actions and our father's actions caused.

Who cares right now ? All what we need to do is to stop her from blowing up another goddamn city. Besides, we don't need to kill her, strictly speaking.

I don't feel bad either, it was CHEERIE who blowed these cities, our of her OWN (admittedly broken and mad) will. Her own choice, and choice implies responsability.

Now we're going to blame the wolf who's running towards a hunter for being shot, instead of the hunter being responsible for shooting the wolf ? Really.

Anyways, the problem with Splinter-Cog is that if she sees hostility, she will push the button certainly. If she sees Incognito coming towards her, she may have another reaction. Conflicting reactions, maybe ? A skirt of regret, love, hope, longing ? Anything to keep her from pushing the button, until she can't push it.

So yeah. Throw ourselves at her as a distraction, then one second after while we still fly snipe her with Splinter-Cog.

Warfare is deception, after all. Also, she just blowed up two cities out of despair. I just may think she may have lost Incognito's sympathy. And whoever is not sympathetic to Incognito dies, as we have seen a few times in this story.

Also, time to be overly cynical... Nukes ! Perfect stuff for acquiring mutants and lab rats !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:52:38 am by Naryar »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 04, 2013, 05:58:27 am »

Ok, I'm sure that if we don't go ourselves the plot will make the other city explode too, or the button will be pressed anyway as Splinter Cog kills her. because that's the law of plot.

So, we should go ourselves!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: December 04, 2013, 06:02:48 am »

Throwing ourselves at her can stop her on its own because she loves us. I would prefer that because it's going to be a melodramatic moment and we need to have at least one of those in this damn chapter. Anyway, I do not believe we will find anything in the exploded cities beyond irradiated dust and possibly angry ghosts, but future missions can prove me wrong.

So yeah, veto shooting her with Splintercog. Support throwing ourselves.

How many chapters will this game have, anyway?  We certainly lost a shitload of future missions right now, so I'm gonna guess that the next will be the last one?

Oh yes, Tomcost, you are right: our biggest mistake was ignoring the rules of drama and plot while dealing with Cheerie.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:08:27 am by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2829 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:39 am »

You throw yourself out of the zeppelin, gaining momentum and speed as you land down with your cog armour on. The landing blasts a cloud of dust all around, as you finally are within range of Cheerie.
She stops breathing for a moment.
You look at her, and she looks at you.
Your silver armour slowly collapses as you near the now frozen still Cheerie.
"W-Why?" she croaks. "Why are you here?"
"Weren't you calling for me?" you reply softly. "Didn't you want to meet?"
"You're not...you are...but you aren't...but you are..." she screams as she brings her hands to her temples. "You're the Fake Overlord! Prepare to- I'm...I don't know what to do," she shrieks, crying. "I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. It's...I can't...I don't know," she weeps. "One moment I know, the next I don't. I'm lost. I'm utterly lost. I don't know what to do," she sniffles. "Do I push the button? Do I not..."
"You don't want to push it," Incognito replies. "Just...let it go. You don't have to do this."
"I...I don't?" she asks.
"You don't," you reply. "Just...just stop. You can rest now. You did well, you cheered me very well, but now you can stop."
"I did that?" she asks, her voice tinged with disbelief. "Did I do that?"
"Yes, you did. I remember. I remember everything."
LIAR
"I became a hero because you were my inspiration, Cheerie. I knew, in some part of myself, that I became a hero because of you..."
"Really?"
LIAR
"Yes," you say. "So please, it's enough. You did more than enough. I can stop this from happening ever again. I can stop the HEROES and the EVIL forces. Please...I can do this," you murmur. "I can destroy them both and bring forth a new...a new era, one where there is no war between evil and good, one where you don't have to suffer like this ever again."
Cheerie shakes her head, tears of oil and blood falling down her eyes. "I-I would have...wanted to see you...before...at least," she sobs, "At least once, before this..."
She falls on her knees, wailing.
"I'm...sorry," she sobs, dropping the detonation device. "I'm really...sorry..."
"It's all right," you reply. "We can still fix things."
"I'm sorry," she repeats like a broken disc. "I'm sorry..."
"We can fix everything."
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."
LIAR
"We can solve every problem..."
LIAR
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."
"Just please...stop crying, I can't...I can't suffer to see you cry..."
Liar
You whisper softly, but Cheerie doesn't hear that.
She simply cries.

You could kill her now.
You could detonate the bomb and shoulder on yourself the responsibility for all of the cities' destruction.
You could leave her behind. She will probably die in a few days or be killed when the heroes return to investigate the scene.
Or you could take her with you.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 04, 2013, 06:37:32 am »

We of course take her with us.  She is to be guarded by us and several of our underlings at all times, under orders to restrain her if needed, and if that is impossible, destroy her utterly.

First we prevent her from reaching her known detonation device.  Then we 'comfort her' and in the process search her thoroughly for all other questionable or malefic devices.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:39:28 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 04, 2013, 06:38:36 am »

We take her, we hold her in prison until she gets more, umm, sane? But we keep the detonator. Because it can be an excellent tool to negotiate.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 04, 2013, 06:54:50 am »

First of all, we take the detonator and turn the damn thing off. Then we take Cheerie and go back to our lair, where she will be examined by people who now a lot about brainwashing and cogification, to find out what exactly was done to her and questioned by Incognito over a cup of tea to confirm our theory that the Mechanist did that to her. Then I propose we pump her full of goo-girl mutagen so that she does not have those scars anymore.

What does Cheerie look like exactly, anyway?

Keep the detonator, obviously. We will never use it, but the HEROES need not know that.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:16 am »

Take her, do not imprison her but keep her under careful watch.

If she becomes dangerous, end her.

Keep detonator as gunboat diplomacy method.

Then we 'comfort her'

*clears throat* Are we REALLY starting this ship ? After all the shit that happened ?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:15:07 am by Naryar »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:33 am »

Have you ever patted someone down while you hugged them?  Held someone while they cried, stroking their back, without patting someone down?

It doesn't have to happen on camera.  But the focus is on finding and rendering harmless any weapons of -any- sort, from explosives to viral thingies that she might have upon her person, as well as more mundane weapons or other detonators.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 213