Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259759 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2775 on: December 03, 2013, 08:55:30 am »

I wouldn't go. It might not be a trap but why risk it?

From a purely economic standpoint, it's not worth the risk.

From a more overlord personality perspective, if we put ourselves at risk and die, who will look after Cerulean?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: December 03, 2013, 09:06:22 am »

I have this nagging feeling that if we do not go Shadenight will push the "our cowardice and selfishness killed three Fukushimas' worth of people" idea for the rest of the game.

Ah well, it looks like this is a stalemate now with Naryar's being the yet-ungiven decisive vote.

I would honestly sound more agitated in my writing, by the way, but our GM's and Imp's commentaries have managed to successfully ramp up my paranoia high enough for me to not expect anything good from any of the potential choices we can make. I just want this to be over with.

In any way, have cogs physically restrain Cheerie until we either come or run far away.

EDIT: I even consider the possibility of us being blown to shreds by a massive nuke Cheerie is standing on and us spending the rest of the game controlling Cerulean as our successor. Thank you Imp, you twitchy little poor thing that sees reverse psychology everywhere, you.

But hell,I do not blame you, actually, Imp. It was Shadenight writing like a crying, hurt kid (with "sniffs" and all) that convinced me that he is feeling particularly murderous, depressed and/or sadistic this time. Either way, I think I am beginning to feel the so-called "darkness induced audience apathy" - when everything we do results in either dead or traumatised people, I do not actually want to do anything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:14:00 am by Knit tie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: December 03, 2013, 09:17:17 am »

You know, I can live with a deathcount of 6 people. (Truly, Fukushima didn't have a lot of casualties).

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:20 am »

Why do we care about three Fukushimas Hiroshimas ? However, we, the Overlord, may care about what happens to Cheerie.

On the other hand, this might be a trap and an obvious one.

But as the vernacular says, "fuck this shit" or "I'm already tired of all this squabbling and want the story to progress". We won't solve the problem by running away, not storywise or in any other sense anyways. Go forward !

Let's try the Gurren Lagann approach. Even if she IS lying and if we have a fight in our hands, well, that'll be a problem solved and Cheerie won't annoy us.

Meta-wise, I'm pretty sure we can manipulate Shadenight into continuing this story even if we "lose" since he seems attached to this thread.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: December 03, 2013, 09:28:02 am »

I think that every time someone mentioned Fukushima, they actually meant Hiroshima. And no, we don't want to live with three Hiroshima harassing our concience.

1) If we leave, we lose almost all resources aquirable (because every city will be destroyed), while our enemy will still have its base.
2) If it is a trap, we have reinforcements.
3) We have a certain degree of plot armour that prevents us from being blown up, the same way defenses in our base can't affect heroes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: December 03, 2013, 09:31:47 am »

Hiroshima had at most 140.000 casualties. Our cities are a little bit larger, as shadenight said, the deathcount would be in the millions, and that's just the instant kills. Radiation kills are going to be a lot lower, as well radiation causes implausible mutations here, rather than death. (Save if death is needed for dramatic effect.)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: December 03, 2013, 10:01:28 am »

Go in, she couldn't take us anyways

Storeh Progreshun!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: December 03, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

I don't really think it matters whether I compare the number of casualties to those of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Stalingrad, Nanking, Little Round Top, Fukushima, or what have you. The 9/11 incident didn't kill that many people, and yet I don't notice peope being all peachy about it. The fact is that I do not want us committing murders, be they mass or individual. It's a futile, hypocritical wish, of course, but I'd rather Incognito at least understand the implications of his actions rather than relish in them.

And anyway, as Naryar said, I just want this to be over with.

And in case this is a trap, remember, we have Gamington. He doesn't fall into traps. Traps fall into him.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:22:14 am by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: December 03, 2013, 11:45:53 am »

Well this is what we get for pissing away our chances to catch or save her or even interact with her, don't think she is telling the truth but hey, we don't know her enough to make that call. Voting to go.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: December 03, 2013, 02:38:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still a better dilemma than a choice between a flying battleship and a magic wand.

Anyway, it appears that I, Gamerlord and Tomcost are in favour of going, Imp is against it and Naryar, Cattani and Ebbor are undecided.

I think the choice "to go" outweighs the other one.

EDIT: I do not think we have any explosives in the cogs or camerathing, Ebbor.

OMG!  Well, fine then.  Out vote me, you sots   ;)

Thank goodness Psisquid's back at base still.  Even if -we- die, at least my avatar might still be around.  Man oh man, I sure hope the bomb's not at our base.  Though I think that's unlikely.  Can we have the goo-folk give everything a once over just in case?  And of course Psisquid's senses and all... he is a survivor type...

What?  Oh, I'm not worried about anyone on the expedition anymore.  I think that entire blimp of folks is going to die and I only worry when I have hope still of bad things not happening   :-\

Hope I'm wrong!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: December 03, 2013, 02:54:12 pm »

Come on, don't exaggerate, Imp! We won't die in such an anti-climactic way! The heroes can't be beaten by stationary defenses, what makes you think that we can die to a bomb?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: December 03, 2013, 02:55:30 pm »

We can be horribly maimed however.

Also, now that I think of it, any nuclear bomb in this era is more likely to fizzle and dump a massive amount of radiation on it's surroundings rather than exploding.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:43 pm »

Yeah, which will make us more awesome in the long term, and will be the perfect excuse for cogification to fight for a greater cause. (I was never against cogification if we needed it. I was against cogification in an anti-climactic way)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

Trust me Imp, if we die they will find someone else to take the reigns and survive, even if they split due to differences, plus it is only a few cities/our self and cogs, going to be plenty more.
Plus maybe we will survive but become the mutant someone wanted us to be. Also fine with Cogification if we need it.
Maybe Cheerie is telling the truth, but if we do die it would serve us right for ignoring the threat when it appeared and doing our own thing.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: December 03, 2013, 03:05:31 pm »

If we die, I vote we become Psysquid.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 213