Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259450 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2700 on: December 02, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

And well, we know that Heroes can create Evil masterminds at will. They certainly have the capabilities, and well, there's Cheerie as an example.

I bet that's her backstory.

Anyway, scratch that "ICBM-bearing submarine" plan. ICMB-bearing magical crystal nuclear submarine that is also a temple of dark magic is the way to go.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 02, 2013, 03:25:35 pm »

Future Plans - as awesome they might be - aside;

Take both Zeppelins. Ourself on the small one, while gamington with "Team Cog" waits in a safe distance.
Let us not forget that Cheerie is a victim of the hero-organization. We should at least take a look, to see if something can be done. After that, all bets are off.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 02, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »

Future Plans - as awesome they might be - aside;

Take both Zeppelins. Ourself on the small one, while gamington with "Team Cog" waits in a safe distance.
Let us not forget that Cheerie is a victim of the hero-organization. We should at least take a look, to see if something can be done. After that, all bets are off.
+1

But we also need not forget that Cheerie does not know that we are Silver, and that she hates our Overlord persona. Talking to her with our mask on might be counterproductive. Talking to her without it might compromise our identitiy.

EDIT: And besides, aren't we in downkeep? That wonderful time of joy and merriment when we cannot be hurt?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:34:42 pm by Knit tie »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2703 on: December 02, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:46 pm »

Well technically, we could just go without our mask, and use our Silver-Mechanism-powahsTM to summon whatever Silver used as weapons/mecha

Simple disguises work quite nice really.

ANd the Heros can't summon their friends till later on anyways, due to our perk

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

I just really want to meet this woman, actually. She seems to know a lot about our past, and that is very interesting both to me and to Incognito. And besides, we have been no selling these fluff bits for far too long.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:47:14 pm by Knit tie »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 02, 2013, 03:53:38 pm »

Oh we'll meet her.
I just re-read through the Silver Mechanism pages. It seems our characteristic weapon was our staff and small retinue of Silver Cogs.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 02, 2013, 04:08:28 pm »

I am confused.  What missions instead?  All Shadenight told us recently was that:

We got raided by a failed summoning.  We fixed that.

We built a steamworks.  We built a personal cog-sidekick.

We watched TV.  We heard Cheerie's voice say things, ask for friendship, ask for help, show a map location and call out to Silver.

Psisquid tells us Cheerie is actually there, and is actually alone (though it is unknown how she may be armed).

spoiler]You can also not go to meet Cheerie. You can just tell me 'Nope, not listening. Let's do one of the three usual missions'.
Really guys. No need to do it! Don't do it! There's really no reason you should do it! Don't go![/spoiler

Meanie, you don't even tell us what we're giving up if we go on this mission.

Before you teased us for trusting the GM.  Now the GM reverse psychologies about going.

IF we talk with Cheerie, I want it to be on our terms.

IF we go to this plain, I want it to be with the intention of capturing Cheerie, alive or dead (I'd prefer alive), rendering her incapacitated, and maintaining her as our captive until we decide what to do with her (interrogate for certain, mutate/cogify almost assuredly... For her I lean towards Cogification.... maybe after interrogate we decide instead the world will be a cheerier place if we just release this Cheerie-ness back into the void of death).

I vote we DO NOT GO.  I am also perfectly happy with DO NOT GO, BUT ALSO DO SOMETHING TO TRY AND KILL CHEERIE THERE WITHOUT ANY DIRECT RISK TO OURSELVES.  Or, that if we as a group insist on going, GO WITH INTENTION AND FORCES TO TAKE CHEERIE, alive if possible, INTO OUR HANDS.  That means lots of succubi and gosh.... well just about all our strongest defensive and incapacitating-able forces.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 02, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »

Um, the idea was to capture her in the first place, you know. Also, we have really good troops now, so we could try an assault. (just in case)

But there is something that we are not considering:

WHAT IF OUR BASE GOT RAIDED WHLE WE ARE AWAY?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 02, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

On a side note, it's not because there appears to be no ambush, that there isn't one.

But anyway, who said we had to go. I mean, radio exists for a reason. Send in the camerathing.

Unlikely.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »

Well. Our Dark Advisors could handle themselves.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 02, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »

I vote for going simply out of sympathy for poor Shadenight, who wrote Cheerie's character only for us to completely ignore it.

Oh, and, if possible, cogify camerathing by attaching wufflecog propellers on it so that it can fly around and record our glorious victories without taking up space in the zeppelin.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:38:21 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 02, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

On a side note, it's not because there appears to be no ambush, that there isn't one.

But anyway, who said we had to go. I mean, radio exists for a reason. Send in the camerathing.
I like this idea more. The camerathing is useless already.
Unlikely.
Damn, I wanted to cause panic. I know that it won't happen because nobody knows the location of our base.

There is still something really weird about the HEROES asociation not reacting to a serial killer explicity stating where she will be. Could that reinforce the theory of the HEROES creating overlords?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:12 pm »

I vote for going simply out of sympathy for poor Shadenight, who wrote Cheerie's character only for us to completely ignore it.
???  You have... too much conscience  ;D

Well. Our Dark Advisors could handle themselves.

We also have all the troops that we won't (be able to) take - most of our new mutants are probably among that number.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »

On a side note, we should look at the regular 3 missions just to see if there's something interesting.

Additionally, how far does Psysquids foresight reach. I mean, Cheerie has acces to nuclear (and biological) weaponry, so she doesn't need to place an ambush close in order to blow everything up. A detonation in Brave city might be more than enough.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 213