Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259264 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2685 on: December 02, 2013, 11:22:08 am »

I think Knit tie is Killjoy Good instead of Serious Good...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 02, 2013, 11:24:56 am »

Yes, that makes more sense. We should do a census at some point.

I so wish that Shadenight would give us a poignant moral choice to talk about instead right now.
We are not spamming the thread if we talk about the very nature of the game. And maybe Shadenight finds this amusing, who knows.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 02, 2013, 11:29:20 am »

Sadly, I am one of the conscience players.

Little idea; how do you all feel about going to Veteran's Homes and offering those with missing limbs pr failing bodies cyborgisation in return for service?
Then I use my status as one of the sanity players to make you shut up about the goddamn battleship already! Please, stop spamming the thread.

But that idea is very interesting indeed - we need to extrapolate on that.

EDIT: Perhaps we could go to a retirement home for heroes. You know, all the ones who are hidden away by society after they stop being useful. Those sad, miserable bastards who wish they could kick as much ass as they did back in the day. I think they'll agree to our terms.
Kindly don't be a dick to people having a laugh. Difference between sane and killjoy. Sane people don't suggest replacing our hand with a clockwork one just cause it fits our theme.

Agree with helping the war veterans that aren't heroes with missing limbs, can't recruit them without changing them enough like flesh-cogs, but another group like the Pot heads or Rednecks could be of use. The heroes wouldn't willingly agree, would have to kidnap them.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

But... but I am not a killjoy! I am Neutral Good! I just get tired of silliness sometimes, what with my rommates all being liberal arts students! I just... just...

I am sorry, Gamerlord. I realy shouldn't complain about flying battlships in a game where masochistic clairvoyant squid mutants hit on tsundere goo-girl former supervillain hot scientists. I simply wanted to say that a flying battleship for Cerulean is probably feasible only when she herself becomes an overlord.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 02, 2013, 11:53:22 am »

I didn't mean to cause a huge fuss over a battleship suggestion, but I figured that if she's too unreliable, it would be a better idea to use a carrot for her that would take more to put together than a single phase.  It's something that could be done, planned, and talked to over a long period of time, with little investment, while keeping her occupied so she doesn't do things like steal kids and sneak off, as presumably, we'll need her for various tests along the way.

Really, I think she needs some discipline, and there's few things better for building responsability than a long term project that she would be immensely interested in.

Lastly, from the cynical perspective, it would be best to use her for what she is good at and what she wants to do.. and at a battleship cannon, she won't be leading missions and commanding troops.  It might even be safer than a staff, if she can't fire it on her own.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 02, 2013, 12:17:32 pm »

But... but I am not a killjoy! I am Neutral Good! I just get tired of silliness sometimes, what with my rommates all being liberal arts students! I just... just...

I am sorry, Gamerlord. I realy shouldn't complain about flying battlships in a game where masochistic clairvoyant squid mutants hit on tsundere goo-girl former supervillain hot scientists. I simply wanted to say that a flying battleship for Cerulean is probably feasible only when she herself becomes an overlord.
Your little moment of being easily pissed off could be felt on your former posts. Don't worry, that happens to most of us. I'm sure that he understands

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 02, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »

Sadly, I am one of the conscience players.
Then I use my status as one of the sanity players...

Hey guys, you got me wondering.  How do y'all see me?  Besides a walking walk of text?   :P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 02, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »

You are the philosopher, Imp :)  The one to see connection where we all are struck blind, as was in the case of Cerulean - Gamington conspiracy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 02, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »

You are the philosopher, Imp :)  The one to see connection where we all are struck blind, as was in the case of Cerulean - Gamington conspiracy.

Egads if so - you do remember all the times I've been wrong, like most of my sad attempts to 'properly' use the SAD system?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »

Everybody makes mistakes, not everybody is capable of writing convincing and eloquent arguments about their choices.
And besides, I am not the man to judge anybody's usage of the SAD system. Remember the figurehead?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 02, 2013, 02:31:12 pm »

Anyway, going to a retirement office for veterans and such might not be a very good idea. Most of the people there will be veterans of wars against us/ other overlords after all.

Spoiler: Proof, in 3 parts (click to show/hide)

On a side note, it's not the conscience players that keep this madness in check. It's the neutral / anticonformists. After all, these insane suggestions get their backing not out of reason, but out of a form of mimetic reaction. Mob mentality and all that.

Edit: Also, no battleship. Battleships are outdated anyway, carriers are all the rage these days.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 02, 2013, 02:41:12 pm »

Anyway, going to a retirement office for veterans and such might not be a very good idea. Most of the people there will be veterans of wars against us/ other overlords after all.

Spoiler: Proof, in 3 parts (click to show/hide)

On a side note, it's not the conscience players that keep this madness in check. It's the neutral / anticonformists. After all, these insane suggestions get their backing not out of reason, but out of a form of mimetic reaction. Mob mentality and all that.

Edit: Also, no battleship. Battleships are outdated anyway, carriers are all the rage these days.
I also thought about that. But IF there is a chance of neutral-alligned veterans, then we shoud try.

On the classification subject: I'm not sure that I understood you. You mean that the insanity is kept in check because there is a swarm of people that follows sane suggestions, while insanity is supported because another swarm of insane suggestions?

Also, I think that we have divided the players in two different axes:

-Good(conciousness)/Evil oriented
-Sillyness/seriousness oriented.

I tend to be in the Serious good axis in this.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2697 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:43 pm »

While thinking about building a battleship for Cerulean -who ever said you couldn't? You have a cruiser ship! You could retrofit that into a mobile base of doom, death and destruction and then gift it to your little girl!
Or you could build one from scratch.
"Actually," Chemista remarks. "That's how I guided my own base...I think the remains are still somewhere in the ocean. Maybe I can pinpoint them, and you can send a team to salvage them and turn them into a useful addition to our firepower?"
"Really?" you ask back.
"Certainly, your evilness."

You then turn towards Psysquid. "So...tell me. It's an ambush, isn't it?"
Psysquid looks at you for a moment, as if torn.
It's just a moment.
"Actually...I can only sense Cheerie's presence in that specific plain, your evilness. I cannot sense anyone else. My prescience tells me that, should you go and talk with her, there would be no one else in that plain save for her."
He turns thoughtful. "Although I have no idea why she would do that...nor why the HEROES wouldn't intervene."
He shrugs. "It would be wise to go with Lord Gamington. If it's a trap that might damage you, he might be able to shield you from the brunt of the damage...as well as side-kicks. You know, to put them in the line of fire to take the blow for you."
HE shakes his head again. "Cthulhu fhtgahn," he grumbles. "Why is it that I can never get a moment of rest in here? Sorry your evilness. I think Junior and Ragnarok are peeking in on the conversation."
"Junior?" you say.
"Yellow King-Spawn," he replies. "i thought 'Junior' was more appropriate."
"So, there's only CHEERIE on the plain?" you ask once more, just to be on the safe side.
"Yes your evilness," he replies. "There is only her. Although once you reach the plain, things might change. Maybe she can call reinforcements, maybe she just doesn't care and has a bomb somewhere nearby...maybe the HEROES might not strike for a few turns...I cannot predict further than 'There is only Cheerful Cheerie' present on the plain at this time."

PS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »

The existence of a common enemy unites the cities , thereby making it less likely that they will attack each other. In fact, one of the worst things that could happen is if the evil just disappears. Without a common enemy to blame for all that goes wrong, the enemy will quickly crumble.

Ebbor, you are a goddamn genius. I am saying that sincerely. With no one to fight, this hate spiral will be over. I was contemplating suicide after the HEROES are defeated, but what if we just leave, like Lord Bucket proposed some time ago?

No, it is probably not going to work. All those overlords that came before us came from somewhere, right? What prevents new ones from succeeding us? And there were times of peace throughout the history of the world, most certainly - why did the system not fall then? Either the Heroes' propaganda machine is good enough to cultivate the public image of the enemy being present regardless of the actual circumstances (like in the cold was USSR), or the guy in charge simply creates a new overlord to fight whenever there are none to be found.

EDIT: It looks like the forces of plot are compelling us to go there and meet Cheerie. I still propose my earlier list sans Mauve.

EDITEDIT: If we go with the "aquatic mobile base of desruction" plan, I vote for an ICBM - bearing submarine. Stylish and practical.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:01:27 pm by Knit tie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 02, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »

I'm not certain that there were ever periods of true peace. And who knows, maybe the system did fall. After all, after every period of peace another Evil has arisen, and considering the victor writes history, there's little difference between evil, or a mere rival city.

And well, we know that Heroes can create Evil masterminds at will. They certainly have the capabilities, and well, there's Cheerie as an example.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 213