Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259168 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2640 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:43 pm »

As for the name of our organisation, I just think that our symbol is far too ridiculous for a serious name. I honestly would've changed that stupid cigar-smoking bunny for an eye made of cogs and called ourselves "the transcendents", as it fits well with our enforcement-of-transhumanism agenda.

EDIT: Can't we at least replace one of our hands with clockwork? It'd fit our style so much.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:07:09 pm by Knit tie »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »

Would rather keep our human appearance, lets us walk around, we are a monster on the inside anyway, would be fine with small alterations like robot eyes or better joints or hooking our self up to a computer or perfect robot/Cog body or something far later in the game. We are a hypocrite without the human that rules monsters thing, besides our current body, The Heroes body, can be quite useful, more so than a few bonuses.

Edit: Tell you what, if we need a new hand go nuts. Would still prefer it to look normal enough to walk in public, maybe two hands, that pop off, one normal and one clockwork, and a few more for whatever.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:20:00 pm by Cain12 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2642 on: December 01, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

You decide it's high time you built yourself some menacing Cog-Guards of Doom and Destruction.
You need some Praetorians, tough, unyielding, and loyal blindly to you and anything you say.
You start working on the project just as you send Gamington and Coghuahua into the chamber for training.
They do emerge a few hours later dancing Tango.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But you are busy building.
And build you do.
Steel, steam, magic, choice swear words when a wrench ends up on your foot, and everything that makes you an evil genius goes into building the Praetorian *TM* for Incognito [Ink]'s personal protection.
And finally...
after all this time...

It's done.

Four meters of height, strong and thick steel limbs capable of slicing in two a car or turning to dust a wall.
Its eyes beep a dark shade of red as they turn online, and with a menacing voice worthy only of the most evil of evil guards, the first of the Praetorian comes to life.
"COMPUTING," it bellows darkly.
"COMPUTING DONE." It spins its Obsidian heavy flail, before crashing it on the ground with a thunderous noise.
It brings up its giant tower shield. "I compute to obey."
You blink.
"Uhm...let's go then?"

Side-Kick Earned (for Incognito [Ink]): Praetorian Cog!

You step outside of your 'workshop', gazing at the thing that is apparently twirling its obsidian flail around while looking murderously at anything that moves even close to you. "Uhm...you don't need to keep spinning that," you point out.
"YES MY LORD."
It stops spinning it. It begins growling menacingly at everything.
Well...
At least you have it!

But you give the order for Three Assault Cogs to be built.
Now they're STEEL Assault Cogs.
They're going to pack a punch!
You can just feel it.

You decides to flop on your throne and look at the television.

'Cogeback Mountain' is going on apparently.
"But you're just a Cog!" an Assault Cog says to a Guardog, up in the middle of the mountains. "You're made like this...and I'm too...we're steel and copper!"
"Don't speak, Cog," Guardog replies. "Even though you will assault and I will defend, our love will be stronger than that."
"Cog?"
"Yes, Cog?"
"Did you bring the oil?"
"No. Did you?"
"No."

"Damn it," the two Cogs chorus.
"Well, good night then," the Assault Cog says.
"What? What about using vinegar!"
"Not a chance in hell! Really! You know it makes my machinegun splutter!"
"B-But! It's not like it's sand or something!"
"The answer remains no. I will not fire against the enemies of the Overlord without oil tonight. Go to bed."
With a sniffle, the Guardog falls asleep.
There's a flash of light, and then...
"COGOIL! THE SUPREME OIL USED BY OVERLORD INCOGNITO TO MAKE HIS PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION AS SMOOTH AS FIRING AGAINST INNOCENT CROWDS AND BYSTANDERS!"
Images of firing upon the people in the middle of the city go through. "Buy your COGOIL today! Slaughter the human! Conquer the human! Convert the human!"
"Product approved by Chemista-Laboratories -if it kills the human, then it's a worthwhile investment!"

You're actually glad this is only transmitting on your 'evil' circle. You actually change the channel to the 'public' one, to see what the HEROES have cooked up.

"RAIMONDO! NOOOO..." a mother cries as her son departs with the recruiter for the heroes association.
"Youth! Be proud," the instructor says with a kind smile. "You join the war against the Overlord a child, but when you'll leave..."
There's a screen transition, and the 'child' emerges with a cape and flying...and visibly older. "You'll be a hero! Fight!"
"Yes, sir!" the grown child says, "DEATH TO THE OVERLORD!"
"Any children you can spare today, is a future defender of good tomorrow!" the instructor tells to the camera. "Remember. The HEROES association needs you in this moment of need. Any boy or girl can be the next THE Hero. Bring them! Bring yourself! Bring your family! Bring your dog!"
He strikes a pose, right hand clenched in a fist up in the sky. "LET US STRIKE DOWN EVIL!"
There is cheerful clapping in the background followed by the sound of people cheering and screaming their approval.

You switch channel...you didn't know there was a CHEERIE Tv going on now.
"I feel so lonely...
so lonely...
I have nobodyyyy....
oonnn my ownnnn..."
It appears to be a music channel, since the screen is black.
"I just wanted us to be friends," the voice of Cheerie comes through. "Best friends forever..." she whispers. "I'm sorry...Please, forgive me? Please?"
Who is she even talking to?
"I...I'm sosososorry," she continues to babble. "But it's hard, I mean...it hurts...everything hurts. I burn, and I suffer and...and you're not here. Why aren't you here? Please, come and save me...aren't you a Hero? Come and save me..."
The black screen flashes white, revealing a map that seems to point to a specific point on a plain close to Brave-City.
"Come and save me...please...Silver?"
Then the communication cuts off.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 01, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

Okay, ask Psysquid about the obvious ambush before even thinking abou taking a decision.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 01, 2013, 01:48:44 pm »

Okay, ask Psysquid about the obvious ambush before even thinking abou taking a decision.
+1. Well, she doesn't know we are Silver, least I hope, so the ambush may not be for us, could be for the Heroes, if we do go can we at least try to find out about what forces she has used in past missions she went on before doing so. Commit the spot to memory or paper anyway in case we do want to go.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 01, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »

+1. Well, she doesn't know we are Silver, least I hope, so the ambush may not be for us, could be for the Heroes, if we do go can we at least try to find out about what forces she has used in past missions she went on before doing so. Commit the spot to memory or paper anyway in case we do want to go.
+2

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:47 pm »

Silver Mechanism:Realise you had your name called upon by a long lost friend, and being a damsel in distress, you cannot resist as the stereotypical hero you are Get back to your suppressed area of thought
Incognito:Valiantly become the Hero, and rescue Cheerie from her insanity Ignore constant bugging in your consciousness to save Cheerie, disguise self as Silver Mechanism, visit lair with secret bodyguards.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

Hey, epople, as we will end up going into an ambush because the plot is so driving us into it and some of us won't be able to resist it, can we attach the sound emitting thing to the zeppellin? That way we have a means of saying "fuck everything" while we destroy everybody's eardrums. Remember to cover our ears and use protection if we decide to do so.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 01, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »

See no reason not to, could wait a bit anyway, if it is a trap the heroes will go and spring it for us.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 01, 2013, 02:01:24 pm »

It is most definitely an attempt to lure the Heroes in, since Cheerie doesn't know that we are her former lover or friend Silver, but I am not sure if this is a trap or simply a fit of genuine insanity on Cheerie's part. Anyway, our confrontation with her is long overdue, so I think we should see our local seer Psysquid and go meet her personally. With extreme prejudice.

EDIT: If it turns out to be a trap, I vote that we should upgrade our zeppelin to wield the power of rock.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:03:01 pm by Knit tie »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 01, 2013, 02:02:10 pm »

My idea would be: arrive with sound emitting badass eardrum-destroyer. Wait until everybody is almost dead. Destroy their eardrums. Kill everybody. Obviously capture Cheerie

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 01, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »

My idea would be: arrive with sound emitting badass eardrum-destroyer. Wait until everybody is almost dead. Destroy their eardrums. Kill everybody. Obviously capture Cheerie
And any of her people and the heroes that we can still use for whatever. But yes I like the plan, priority is to take them down and capture Cheerie. Any idea for teams?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 01, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

We go personally with our bodyguard. And full cogs, because we have a bonus when using them.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 01, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

Agreed, assume we take Game as well? He has shown that he is pretty handy in a fight.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 01, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »

Yes, as well as Coghuahua, we can take the full cog team when we go on a mission.

Anyway, I still want to know what does Psysquid think first.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 213