Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259070 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2625 on: November 30, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

I have another idea: this time for the SAD system (again, not suggesting, just telling you an idea I got):

Sacrifice volcanic rocks and goo (from Chemista preferably)

Then we get a magma person. A FUCKING PERSON MADE OF FLOWING MAGMA

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: November 30, 2013, 08:36:08 am »

I have another idea: this time for the SAD system (again, not suggesting, just telling you an idea I got):

Sacrifice volcanic rocks and goo (from Chemista preferably)

Then we get a magma person. A FUCKING PERSON MADE OF FLOWING MAGMA

Magma Chemista ? yeaah... if you want to constantly repair our lair because she's pissed...

Also, volcanic rocks + magic crystal + "Life" written on a parchment. Magma golem.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: November 30, 2013, 08:37:10 am »

I personally vote that we spend the next turn giving some love to flesh and wufflecogs. They are the most underaprecciated elements of our army so far, and it's been heavily hinted that flesh cogs have some useful special abilities.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:02 am »

I personally vote that we spend the next turn giving some love to flesh and wufflecogs. They are the most underaprecciated elements of our army so far, and it's been heavily hinted that flesh cogs have some useful special abilities.

We need some fleshcogs indeed. +1

Don't we need humans to make fleshcogs, anyway ?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:31 am »

Okay, that may be a better idea?

But I don't know if it would create a magma golem. It lacks a liquid element there.

Only flesh cogs that we have are Gamington and Coghuahua. Wufflecogs meh.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:35 am »

Well, we just send our succubi onto the next mission.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: November 30, 2013, 09:06:13 am »

Well, we just send our succubi onto the next mission.
+1 To sending them.

We will strike with all we have in the next mission.

Also, so that we get this going:

+1 to making normal cogs.
We need to put our zepellins to their maximum capacity.

Also, I think that the wiki is not updated regarding the amount of machinegun guardogs we have. Shouldn't we have 6?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: December 01, 2013, 10:51:17 am »

While we are waiting, I have a question: do we actually intend to give Cerulean her staff in the concievable future? She has shown significant progress so far in the field of morals, which means she will no longer be randomly violent, and her episode with disobedience seems, to me, unlikely to actually repeat as long as we, players, do not treat this like Dwarf Fortress. But that, of course, is just my opinion.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 01, 2013, 12:13:49 pm »

While she appears better, she isn't fixed, until we are sure she is right enough in the head and isn't going to act behind our back again, I don't see us giving it to her. So once we think she is sane enough and she actually earns it in a way that we can reward her without sending the wrong message about any additional behaviour.

Sure she saved that kid, but it wasn't entirely for good/sane reasons, and I question her judgement/intelligence that she even thought we wouldn't find out, would have sent the pretend cog to do something eventually before she could find a better spot and the truth would be known.

Besides, it makes a powerful carrot, should give it to her when we want to reinforce certain behaviour or action. That and it is too soon since her disobedience, her losing it now helped reinforce what she did was wrong, a new one would just lessen the impact. Of course, just my opinion as well.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 01, 2013, 12:15:43 pm »

While we are waiting, I have a question: do we actually intend to give Cerulean her staff in the concievable future? She has shown significant progress so far in the field of morals, which means she will no longer be randomly violent, and her episode with disobedience seems, to me, unlikely to actually repeat as long as we, players, do not treat this like Dwarf Fortress. But that, of course, is just my opinion.
The problem: she is too young. If by concievable future you mean in the time this is likely to keep going, I'd say no, because the timescale will not allow time to pass so quickly.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 01, 2013, 12:40:08 pm »

The problem: she is too young. If by concievable future you mean in the time this is likely to keep going, I'd say no, because the timescale will not allow time to pass so quickly.

Too young to do what, exactly? She is already a child soldier, making her able to shoot magic beams is not going to worsen that. That is my main argument, in fact: Cerulean will not change psychologically if she is made a Dark Advisor, so we might as well consider promoting her when she merits doing so. It is possible to argue that she is too young to handle responsibility, as this is one of the few things that she hasn't experienced yet, but let's be realistic: being a Dark Advisor does not require one to be much more accountable for one's own actions or able to make decisions than being a sidekick: in the vast majority of cases it's mostly just going to a predefined location and applying extreme physical violence to anyone who tries to prevent us from stealing whatever we have decided to steal. The main source of decisions in our evil organisation is our evil self and the overlord machine, which I am sure is secretly controlling everyone, but that is irrelevant right now.

And seeing how I am having a day of raising poignant questions, here are two more:

What is the name of our evil organisation? - I propose "The Cogbunnies"
Do we ever want to mutate/cogify ourselves to be less hypocritical and more awesome?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 01, 2013, 12:42:54 pm »

At some point we should cogify ourselves. But let's wait until the climax of the story or something like that.

As for a name, I don't know. I don't like the cogbunies either.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 01, 2013, 12:46:09 pm »

Too young to do what, exactly? She is already a child soldier, making her able to shoot magic beams is not going to worsen that. That is my main argument, in fact: Cerulean will not change psychologically if she is made a Dark Advisor, so we might as well consider promoting her when she merits doing so. It is possible to argue that she is too young to handle responsibility, as this is one of the few things that she hasn't experienced yet, but let's be realistic: being a Dark Advisor does not require one to be much more accountable for one's own actions or able to make decisions than being a sidekick: in the vast majority of cases it's mostly just going to a predefined location and applying extreme physical violence to anyone who tries to prevent us from stealing whatever we have decided to steal. The main source of decisions in our evil organisation is our evil self and the overlord machine, which I am sure is secretly controlling everyone, but that is irrelevant right now.

And seeing how I am having a day of raising poignant questions, here are two more:

What is the name of our evil organisation? - I propose "The Cogbunnies"
Do we ever want to mutate/cogify ourselves to be less hypocritical and more awesome?
+1 and of course we want to mutate.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: December 01, 2013, 12:48:51 pm »

I'd rather go with only cogification. A mutation will likely have an unwanted side effect in our reputation, depending on the animal chosen.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: December 01, 2013, 12:52:04 pm »

We also have quite the number of bonuses to cogification!
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 213