Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259709 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2446 on: November 25, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »

Build assault guardogs.
+1
+1
+1

.... but guys, we gotta celebrate!  We just used the SAD system and it wasn't 'sad' - we planned out what we wanted, we 'created a formula', and we got what we intended to get!  And it only took us countless failures and Shadenight relenting and explaining in significant detail almost exactly how the system works! :P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 25, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »

Build assault guardogs.
+1
+1
+1

.... but guys, we gotta celebrate!  We just used the SAD system and it wasn't 'sad' - we planned out what we wanted, we 'created a formula', and we got what we intended to get!  And it only took us countless failures and Shadenight relenting and explaining in significant detail almost exactly how the system works! :P
Right, let's take everyone to the beach to celebrate! Or get drunk at home. Whichever.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:17 pm »

I already proposed sending the aquatic beastchildren to go fish...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 25, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

No, EVERYONE must go to the beach! We need more Humour Segments, dammit!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 25, 2013, 01:36:47 pm »

Could have a celebration/party to help welcome the new guys into the "family", sure most of them are monsters, still can appreciate it hopefully. Fish people would need to be near water though. But that may be asking too much or just be silly.

We have plenty of humor imo.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »

So you DON'T want to read about the Dark Advisors being hilarious at the beach?

Just... Just walk away. I can't even look at you, you filthy humour traitor.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:10 pm »

I don't think going to a beach is a good idea, and offered an alternative that doesn't put all our people in a vulnerable spot, you logic traitor, no wait, you were never on logic's side were you?

Besides I didn't say don't go, just offered my prefered alternative and said it was silly, keep the stupid joke for when it is warranted.

Edit:And was pointing out that until now almost everything we did was dripping with humour til shit got serious. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:54:30 pm by Cain12 »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 25, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

Yes. Let's go to the beach. It'll be hilarious.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 25, 2013, 02:07:58 pm »

So you DON'T want to read about the Dark Advisors being hilarious at the beach?

Just... Just walk away. I can't even look at you, you filthy humour traitor.

I like silly.  +1 beach/more fluff in general.

If Cheerie was planning an attack on us at that moment anyway, she probably has to wait for Upkeep just like us to actually 'achieve' anything.

Remember when we went to Cerulean's 'funeral'?  (I remember it very well, last night I reread it while copying it into the word document).

There were no rolls.  It was -all- fluff.

This is Downkeep, as such no rolls are required and everything is simply based on Fluff if, let's say, there had been the mission 'Infiltrate the Funeral!' or 'Kidnap Magical Girls!' then yes, there would have been rolls to do. As it wasn't, no rolls are needed. No need to worry about it! Just enjoy the 'Story' part, and think of it as a Visual Novel side where you pick up choices and hope the protagonist isn't a dimwitted imbecile. Thus, in this case, there was no need to go to the hospital. A mission about 'freeing the Magical Girls' from the Asylum might appear after this 'Fluff' is done however, so...don't worry, and enjoy!

The choice was to go to the funeral or not to go, because the girls were being guarded as important witnesses both in the hospital and would be sort-of safe at the Asylum. The only point with lax security was, ironically, the HEROES Stadium. Outside there are still guards, heroes are but at a scream's reach...but at the moment, there is No-One around them when all is dwindling down. You, Being an Evil Overlord, capitalized on it.

So really, we can 'enjoy' stuff in Downtime very freely.  Shadenight seems to have an awesome grasp on the benefits of varying levels of pressure, and to intend to use this extensively.  He's invited us repeatedly to ask for more fluff if we want it, and he's offered us moments when we can 'know that fluff is safe' - notably downtime.

Mark you - I do expect that there are potential psychological consequences to downtime fluff - like changes to our Advisors misconduct gauges.  However, we consistently and persistently insist on being very 'good' to most of our people.  I don't see a problem coming from that direction - I expect our downtime fluff excursions to continue to help keep things on a more or less even keel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 25, 2013, 02:17:53 pm »

You know what, let's steal a beach.

As evil Overlord it's pretty much mandatory to have your own tropical island with volcano. We have the volcano, and if it's old/young enough, then there should be some nice atolls around it.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 25, 2013, 02:25:23 pm »

This isn't an abandoned stadium and we aren't slipping in, this a beach in open area which we are sending all of our people, even with no rolls the fluff can indeed go wrong, actions in visual novels have consequences.
(Edit: Even if they aren't game changing, example: we are found, people panic, lowers morale of our people who still care, like the kids perhaps. And with no rolls Shade can choose how to play it so anything that doesn't change anything other than fluff can happen that can realistically happen.)
Again, not against it, just disagree with you.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:32:07 pm by Cain12 »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 25, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »

We have a +12, with all our  dark advisors at our side plus sidekicks...(and many bonii yet unseen)

Unless an army of Heros come, they'll have trouble killing us if they don't run away in fear at the monstrosities we've wrought.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

This isn't an abandoned stadium and we aren't slipping in, this a beach in open area which we are sending all of our people, even with no rolls the fluff can indeed go wrong, actions in visual novels have consequences.
(Edit: Even if they aren't game changing, example: we are found, people panic, lowers morale of our people who still care, like the kids perhaps. And with no rolls Shade can choose how to play it so anything that doesn't change anything other than fluff can happen that can realistically happen.)
Again, not against it, just disagree with you.

I'm not going to +1 his idea, but I do +1 his disagreement.

I don't think we can convince Cain12 to 'see it our way' - nor do I think we should even try.

Personally, I'm glad that people who disagree with what appears to be the majority decision do at least sometimes say that they don't agree and why.

This gives us a chance to consider things we're maybe not seeing, but it also gives Shadeknight a chance to change how he writes this.

If everyone who spoke appeared to support 'everyone to the beach' - guess where everyone would go, no matter what?

The few people posting about the potential problems, showing that at least some eyes see these problems - those people and their posted suggestions of caution mean that Shadeknight might choose a slightly different path, which will affect things into the future, well past this downkeep.

I like it.  I think it helps us as a whole.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2459 on: November 25, 2013, 02:41:38 pm »

I...
I would like to point out your lair is in the middle of the ocean.
And your Behemoth Catfish have nests on your...beach.
You have a beach.
It's just out of the door.
*Starts laughing out loud. Will require a moment to regain his bearings*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 213